Okaaaayyy..... UPDATE

* Willow ** Willow * Posts: 496Registered Users
Someone just left a little orange kitten on my doorstep. It was closed up in an animal carrier/cage and had a towel and toy with it. What the?
If you focus on the negative not only is that what you'll see, that's what you'll be.

Comments

• CurlyinColoradoCurlyinColorado Posts: 3,093Registered Users
    Congratulations! :wink:
    2b/3a.
  • zmanzzzzzmanzzzz Banned Posts: 3,826Banned Users
    congrats, you're a mommy. :occasion9:
  • RedCatWavesRedCatWaves Posts: 31,259Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Awww...you got a visit from the Kitty Stork.
  • goldygoldy Posts: 5,463Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    they must have thought you looked like a good home for their kitty.. :)
    Poodlehead wrote:
    Ah, it all makes sense now. Goldy is the puppet master! :lol:
  • BiancaBianca Posts: 2,492Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    zmanzzzz wrote: »
    congrats, you're a mommy. :occasion9:

Pretty much. :cat:

eta*

It's okay if you can't keep it. As special as I would feel if someone donated their furball to me, I couldn't keep it. Personally, I'm not in a good place for that yet.
    Shampoo: Herbal Essences-NOYF

Conditioner: Herbal Essences NOYF Conditioner mixed w/ Coppola Keratin Complex Conditioner

+ TJ Nourish and Olive oil combo.
  • SigiSigi Posts: 2,379Registered Users
    That's bizarre. What are you going to do for now? You should keep it! :D
  • lauraloolauraloo Posts: 2,121Registered Users
    Yay! Now you can join the I-found-an-orange-kitty-on-my-doorstep club with me!

Seriously! Here's some pictures of the (not so) little orange kitty that came to us on the doorstep of our apartment complex in November. (The orange kitty on the far right is our family's orange cat... he's enjoying an episode of How It's Made when they were making mustard).
    Not all who wander are lost.

Fine and thin 3a. PW: curls
  • badgercurlsbadgercurls Posts: 3,077Registered Users
    Orange kitties are the best! Do you know why someone would leave on on your doorstep? If you don't want to keep him/her, I'm sure you can find a no-kill rescue that will find him/her a good home!
  • nynaeve77nynaeve77 Posts: 7,135Registered Users Curl Novice
    Ooh, I wish I had an orange kitty! Lucky!
    "Maybe Lucy's right. Of all the Charlie Browns in the world, you're the Charlie Browniest."--Linus, A Charlie Brown Christmas

My fotki: http://public.fotki.com/nynaeve77/
    Password: orphanannie
  • internetchickinternetchick Posts: 6,191Registered Users
    At least they didn't hurt it.
  • * Willow ** Willow * Posts: 496Registered Users
    Awww - you guys are so nice! The kitty-stork, :toothy7:

I already have a big grey main-coon and a little six-month old tortise-shell kitty. Do I really need a five-month old orange baby too? That's an awful lot of shedding and cat poop to deal with don't ya think?

Of course my daughters are already trying to name him and fighting about whose room he will sleep in. Sigh...

What the hell - who leaves a kitten on a doorstep? Do I have SUCKER written across my forehead? :tongue5:
    If you focus on the negative not only is that what you'll see, that's what you'll be.
    lauraloo wrote: »
    Yay! Now you can join the I-found-an-orange-kitty-on-my-doorstep club with me!

Seriously! Here's some pictures of the (not so) little orange kitty that came to us on the doorstep of our apartment complex in November. (The orange kitty on the far right is our family's orange cat... he's enjoying an episode of How It's Made when they were making mustard).

That's too funny! What is this - an orange kitty epidimic? :evil1:
  • anonnymouseanonnymouse Posts: 1,340Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Three cats are not too many.

26 cats are too many.

:D

(And I love the kitty stork comment!)
    7931.gif7932.gif7933.gifUntitled-vi.png
  • lauraloolauraloo Posts: 2,121Registered Users
    If the main coon is older, it might not be a bad idea to keep the little one so when the big cat passes on the tortoise shell kitty will have a buddy that she's already bonded to.
    Willow6886 wrote: »
    Do I have SUCKER written across my forehead? :tongue5:

You and me both!
    Not all who wander are lost.

Fine and thin 3a. PW: curls
  • bushyheadbushyhead Posts: 1,676Registered Users
    People who abandon animals make me sick. But anyway, congrats on the new addition to your family! :cat:
    tt2b5cc.aspx

"Yesterday's history, tomorrow's a mystery, today is a gift . . . that's why it's called the present." - Unknown
  • PoodleheadPoodlehead Posts: 6,959Registered Users
    Awwwww, that never happens to me! Congratulations! I agree with Anonnymouse, 26 is too many. ;)
    Minneapolis, MN
  • godgivenpermgodgivenperm Posts: 678Registered Users
    I already have a big grey main-coon and a little six-month old tortise-shell kitty. Do I really need a five-month old orange baby too?

Absolutely! Our third kitty is a buff tabby, not quite orange. Now your tortie will have a little pal to play with. If you can manage two cats, you won't even notice one more.

I would suggest taking your foundling to a vet before you put him around the rest of your cats, just to rule out any potential contagious health issues.

Congratulations!
    3B/3C
    No more PJ tendencies. Tigi Curls Rock Curl Amplifier is the best thing to make my curls rock all day! Next best are KCCC and Re:Coil +HE TT Gel.
  • noellenoelle Posts: 377Registered Users
    My daughter and I would love to find an orange tabby cat on our doorstep! Lucky!

Lauraloo--your cat is adorable!! His (her?) personality really shows in the pictures! Definitely a keeper!
    2C top/3A&B underneath. Activate Hydrating Conditioner, Jessicurl products.
  • toothfairytoothfairy Posts: 242Registered Users

I already have a big grey main-coon and a little six-month old tortise-shell kitty. Do I really need a five-month old orange baby too? That's an awful lot of shedding and cat poop to deal with don't ya think?

Of course my daughters are already trying to name him and fighting about whose room he will sleep in. Sigh...

What the hell - who leaves a kitten on a doorstep? Do I have SUCKER written across my forehead? :tongue5:

everyone needs an orange kitty.
    I have an orange and cream-colored siberian. when he was a baby I used to be able to hold him in the palm of one hand. now he's huge.
  • SystemSystem Posts: 39,060 Administrator
    Orange kitties are definitely the best. Someone must have you pegged as the neighborhood's best family to take in another cat!

I miss my orange cat. I wish someone would leave one on my doorstep. It's lonely being catless.
  • badgercurlsbadgercurls Posts: 3,077Registered Users
    Toothfairy, your cat is gorgeous! I'd never heard of Siberian cats before, but now I want one. :)

Willow - if your two kittens are close in age, you may find that they'll play together. :) Our two 9 month old kittens (an orange tabby and a brown/gray tabby) play all day and tire each other out so that they sleep at night. I don't know how we'd keep up with them if we only had one!
    Toothfairy, your cat is gorgeous! I'd never heard of Siberian cats before, but now I want one. :)

Willow - if your two kittens are close in age, you may find that they'll play together. :) Our two 9 month old kittens (an orange tabby and a brown/gray tabby) play all day and tire each other out so that they sleep at night. I don't know how we'd keep up with them if we only had one!

he's beautiful but dumb as rocks...just makes him more loveable :toothy7:

the breed's supposedly lower in allergen levels than others.

I'm very allergic to cats and I still have to take allegra but it's tolerable. my brother and SIL's cat's no breed in particular and even though I'm medicated, my allergies go crazy around her. so I'm inclined to believe the claim.
  • xcptnlxcptnl Posts: 15,678Registered Users Curl Connoisseur

I need to see pics of those too!!!
    Central Massachusetts

One good reason to only maintain a small circle of friends is that three out of four murders are committed by people who know the victim. ~George Carlin~

In regards to Vagazzling: They just want to get into the goods without worrying about getting scratched up by fake crystals. ~spring1onu~
  • DoodlesDoodles Posts: 1,984Registered Users
    Oh I loved those photos toothfairy! Gorgeous creature! ;) Whats his name? I used to have an orange kitty. She was awesome! My MIL wants to get our daughter a kitten for her 5th birthday in May but something tells me that the cat we already have wouldn't appreciate that very much!! Let us know what you end up doing Willow!
    2A/2B, fine, normal porosity

Growing out a pixie as of November 2013 :elephant:

Shampoo: Elucence MBS & Renpure Originals Argan Oil
    Conditioner: Elucence MBC & Renpure Originals Argan Oil
    Leave-in: CJ BeautiCurls
    Stylers: BA gel & AG Re:coil

Product Junkie that keeps falling off the wagon!:tongue3:
  • xcptnlxcptnl Posts: 15,678Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    My sis has a Bengal kitty - he totally has spots on him like a 'real' bengal. He is orangy/black.
    Central Massachusetts

One good reason to only maintain a small circle of friends is that three out of four murders are committed by people who know the victim. ~George Carlin~

In regards to Vagazzling: They just want to get into the goods without worrying about getting scratched up by fake crystals. ~spring1onu~
  • SystemSystem Posts: 39,060 Administrator
    My BF and I saw a Bengal at the vet's and they are so cool! I love the spots.
    UPDATE - I had a friend/neighbor come look at him and she fell in love. I am waiting on an email from a different neighbor to rule her out as his owner, otherwise - as long as my friend's husband doesn't throw a fit she wants to take him. PHEW! This is so hard!

Slight guano - how do you post pictures and avitars?
  • KaiaKaia Posts: 8,815Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    SuZenGuide wrote: »
    Orange kitties are definitely the best. Someone must have you pegged as the neighborhood's best family to take in another cat!

I miss my orange cat. I wish someone would leave one on my doorstep. It's lonely being catless.

Where do you live?

J/K ;)

Hmmm, actually I'm not. What's you address? I can even throw in a black cat to go with the orange one. :toothy7:
    *Poster formerly known as Bailey422*

Here's all you have to know about men and women: women are crazy, men are stupid. And the main reason women are crazy is that men are stupid. ~ George Carlin
  • LAwomanLAwoman Posts: 2,949Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Ohhh I want the kitty stork to come visit me!

Sounds like the little guy(or girl?) is going to end up with a good home in either case -hooray for happy endings!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file