Lost: New Episode Tonight - Spoilers

ZinniaZinnia Posts: 7,339Registered Users
Anyone watching Lost tonight? Anyone still interested?
Life shrinks or expands according to one's courage. Anais Nin

Comments

• LaviniaLavinia Posts: 6Registered Users
    I plan on watching on it. I noticed I don't have as much excitement for this season premiere as I did in the previous years. I am hoping the new season surprises me.
  • The Dark QueenThe Dark Queen Posts: 105Registered Users
    The boyfriend and I don't have cable (yes, we're different, LOL) so we'll watch it on-line tomorrow, when it's available and posted. We can't wait! We were huge fans of the show, so we're looking forward to our eight episodes, or whatever they give us. Of course, it's been so long, I'm going to need a refresher before I watch, heh!
    WHO: Sensitive skin? Visit my Blog for honest reviews. http://sensitivesolutions.blogspot.com
    WHAT: 3a
    WHERE: The Bay Area, California
  • sarah42sarah42 Posts: 4,034Registered Users
    :wav:

I'm TiVoing and might not get to it until this weekend, but WOOHOO!!!!
    ehLB.jpg
  • CurlyinColoradoCurlyinColorado Posts: 3,093Registered Users
    Yesssss, I'm all ready to watch it! So excited.
    2b/3a.
  • gekko422gekko422 Posts: 4,869Registered Users
    The boyfriend and I don't have cable (yes, we're different, LOL) so we'll watch it on-line tomorrow, when it's available and posted. We can't wait! We were huge fans of the show, so we're looking forward to our eight episodes, or whatever they give us. Of course, it's been so long, I'm going to need a refresher before I watch, heh!

But it's not a cable show, it's a network show. Why do you have to watch it online?

I have my dvr set to record it, I will watch it tomorrow or this weekend.
    Democracy is not a spectator sport.

You know why pandas are endangered? Cause pandas ain't got no game.

Jesus loves you, but I'm his favorite.
  • medussamedussa Posts: 12,993Registered Users

I'm assuming you need cable to get decent reception?

The refresher was on last night.
  • munchkinmunchkin Posts: 2,909Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    I think it really picked up last season and peaked my interest a lot more. I watched the refresher last night because I kept thinking "I can't remember who was in the casket." Only to find out, they never told us who was in the casket. . . must be why I can't remember!
    3b/c
  • ZinniaZinnia Posts: 7,339Registered Users
    i have it recorded and will watch this weekend.
    hopefully, it was a good fourth season beginning.
    Life shrinks or expands according to one's courage. Anais Nin
  • younggrasshopperyounggrasshopper Posts: 422Registered Users
    I addicted all 4 of my house mates to this show. They watched seasons 1-3 over the last few months so we were all ready and rearing to go...we had a pizza party and baked cookies. It is sad when you have to wait until the NEXT week for the next episode instead of just letting the disk keep playing. And can I just tell you something? I am. freaking out. that I will be in India for the next FOUR episiodes.

I must know more! I must know what is happening! I MUST know what went down? Who are the 6 who got off the island? Why those six? They were in different spots on the island. Hurley had gone with John. Kate and Jack were off together. Who died in the flash forward last season? I think it was Ben's funeral? Yes, no? What do you think?
    HCC + Kenra Condish + Biotera Gel and Leave In + diffusing = beautiful 3A spirals :)
  • KaiaKaia Posts: 8,815Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    I'm not watching. Got too frustrated with it last season, but I'll be reading the spoilers here. So... what happened last night? ;)
    *Poster formerly known as Bailey422*

Here's all you have to know about men and women: women are crazy, men are stupid. And the main reason women are crazy is that men are stupid. ~ George Carlin
  • roseannadanaroseannadana Posts: 5,632Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    I think it was Ben's funeral? Yes, no? What do you think?

I don't think Ben would have ever left the island. Plus, they are referred to as the Oceanic 6 - Ben wouldn't fit that because he wasn't on the plane (neither was Desmond).

I have always thought the person in the coffin was Michael. It will be interesting to see!

I was born to be a pessimist. My blood type is B Negative.
  • mishka267mishka267 Posts: 162Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I think the person in the coffin might be locke because of the way that jack and kate reacted to the news of the death last season, and then with knowing what we know about him now.
    3A, with some 2A underneath
    Currently using: Deva Low Poo, Aubrey Organics Honeysuckle Rose Conditioner, Jessicurl Confident Coils, Biolage Gelee.

http://public.fotki.com/mishka267/my-messy-mop/

PC05.jpg
    I think it was Ben's funeral? Yes, no? What do you think?

I don't think Ben would have ever left the island. Plus, they are referred to as the Oceanic 6 - Ben wouldn't fit that because he wasn't on the plane (neither was Desmond).

I have always thought the person in the coffin was Michael. It will be interesting to see!

But Jack says at the funeral, "He wasn't friend, and he wasn't family." And he scolds Kate for not coming...and then she is all disgusted and says "Why would I go?!"

But you are right...how would Ben have explained himself? And can we just say that visitor to Hurley was Mr. Creepy McCreeperson? What the heck? Clearly Hurley has a history of mental illness so the Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome onset stuff is not surprising, but when Jack visits him the psych ward Jack is all like, "Leaving was the right thing, blah blah." But is the "later" flash forwards when he has the beard, he is all like, "We shouldn't have left, we must go back." What changes his mind? I can' take this. I must have answers. And I am leaving the country! Maybe my plane will crash on an island somewhere and I can get the real answers!! ;)
    HCC + Kenra Condish + Biotera Gel and Leave In + diffusing = beautiful 3A spirals :)
    mishka267 wrote: »
    I think the person in the coffin might be locke because of the way that jack and kate reacted to the news of the death last season, and then with knowing what we know about him now.

oooooo....Locke....that is a really possibility. Hmmm....

Then again, if the "Oceanic 6" were such celebrities, why weren't there a bunch of people there....?
  • LilahLilah Posts: 916Registered Users
    Has anyone actually watched it yet? It seems everyone is taping it watch this weekend....I want to discuss now!:)

Bailey, I will try to bring you up to speed:

It started with a "flash forward." There was a high speed car chase going through town and Jack was watching on TV and looking upset. It turns out to be Hurley driving the car to escape police and he is taken to jail to be questioned. (Oh- before he is handcuffed, he is screaming "You can't arrest me, I'm one of the Oceanic 6!" over and over again)

Back on the island, the boat offshore calls to Jack and wants to speak to Naomi because something is wrong with the signal and they can't tell for sure where the island is. Jack doesn't want to tell them that Naomi is dead so he lies and says she is getting firewood somewhere. Then he realizes that Naomi's body is gone-- she must still be alive and crawled off into the jungle. Kate finds tracks and thinks its a trick and wants to follow some other tracks. Jack wants to follow the ones that Kate doesn't think are real. They split off and Kate hugs Jack and takes the satellite phone from him (w/o him knowing).

On the other side of the island, Hurley, Sawyer, Jin, Australian guy, Sayid all meet up again and the Australian guy has to tell them that Charlie is dead. He also told them about Charlie's final act of saying the people on the boat aren't who they say they are. Now this group wants to warn Jack not to contact the boat anymore so the boat doesn't come. They start off to find Jack.

Back in the FF, the police man is questioning Hurley about why he ran in the convenience store and sped through town in his car. There is some footage in the Conven. store on camera about him seeing something, freaking out and tearing through the store. He won't tell though. The policeman steps outside and Hurley sees the room they are in flooding with water and starts screaming for help. The police man comes back and says something about locking up Hurley in a mental institution. Hurley begs him to do that.

As the group of men are walking through the jungle, Hurley lags behind and finally gets lost. He sees an abandoned building and peers inside and sees Jacob? then he starts screaming, shutting his eyes, and telling the image to go away. Then he's on the ground and Locke is over him. (Locke ran into the jungle after killing Naomi). Locke helps Hurley up and Hurley tells him about Charlie and the warning about the boat. Locke has always known they shouldn't get on that boat but no one listened to him. He wants Hurley to help him out to try to persuade everyone else to listen to him. They walk and meet up with the rest of that group near some plane wreckage.

Now Hurley is in the mental hospital. A nurse tells him he has a visitor. He goes over to meet this visitor who tells him he works for Oceanic and they are displeased with Hurley's situation. They want to put him in a better facility. Hurley says no thanks and asks who he is again and then asks for his business card. The visitor doesn't have one and then says some creepy stuff like "where are they?" Hurley starts screaming and the man exits quickly.

All the island people are reunited again. Jack tries to kill Locke and Hurley has to tell Claire about Charlie. Locke makes a big speech about staying on the island and hiding in the barracks with the boat comes. Hurley backs him up and tells everyone that Charlie knew the boat wasn't safe. Everyone else has to make a choice to stay with Locke or go with Jack. Sawyer, crazy Others leader, Rousseau, Alex, Claire and baby are the ones I remember going with Locke. Everyone else went with Jack.

In the mental hospital, Jack comes to visit Hurley. He wants to know if Hurley told some secret. Hurley apologized for not going with Jack. He knows now that he should have. He then said something about "He wants us back" and Jack left. Then Hurley is outside and sees Charlie coming towards him. He gets all scared and yells about him being in the convenience store. Charlie says you know why I'm here that's why you're scared. Hurley doesn't want to listen.

Okay...that's all I remember:)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Yes, I watched it...we can discuss, but I feel like the only that will satisfy is another episode. Lost is addictive. One episode???? This is what happens when you start watching the show on DVD in the first place...you become spoiled.

What are your thoughts on last nights episode?
    Yes, I watched it...we can discuss, but I feel like the only that will satisfy is another episode. Lost is addictive. One episode???? This is what happens when you start watching the show on DVD in the first place...you become spoiled.

What are your thoughts on last nights episode?

I know-- I was thinking it was going to be 2 hours long. I was disappointed to find out it was a "two hour event"

I thought it was a good episode-- although I'm rarely disappointed like other fans.

-Do we think Hurley is going to die soon? Is that why Charlie came back?
    -Was that Jacob that Hurley saw in the jungle? (I'd forgotten all about him)
    -Who is the rest of the six?? (Jack, Kate, Hurley...) (Could it have been Hurley who died last season?)
    -Who is that creepy man who came to see Hurley?? And what was he questioning him about?
    -What's the big secret that Jack is afraid of Hurley exposing?

-What's your initial reaction to the helicopter guy? He looked pretty harmless to me.

I almost want to watch the show again-- I like how they are doing FFs though. I don't feel as confused anymore.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Bailey- I forgot it ended with a helicopter flying over the island and a man landing and taking off his helmet. Jack and Kate were there and the man said, "Are you Jack?"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I thought it was a good episode-- although I'm rarely disappointed like other fans.

Ditto

No, I don't think Hurley is dying soon. The Charlie thing is weird...I don't know what think.

Yes, that was Jacob (at least I am pretty sure) and um...yikes.

-Who is the rest of the six?? (Jack, Kate, Hurley...) (Could it have been Hurley who died last season?)

No Idea! Driving me crazy

-Who is that creepy man who came to see Hurley?? And what was he questioning him about?

Ben had said that the boat was the people who where "trying to find the island for a long time" so I assume that guy is one of them? He asks if the others are still alive. I think he is still trying to find the island. Also, Hurley (or Jack) says something about "him" wanting us back...I think the him is Jacob?

The oceanic 6 are somehow not telling (or not allowed to tell????) about the island, the other people, the others, etc. etc. Because Hurley denies ever knowing about Ana Lucia to the cop who was her partner. And he also freaks out that the creepy visitor knows about the other survivors at all. You know?

-What's your initial reaction to the helicopter guy? He looked pretty harmless to me.

He did seem harmless, but I was also weirded out by the fact that Jack didn't respond with a YES! He looked weirded out too....
  • roseannadanaroseannadana Posts: 5,632Registered Users Curl Connoisseur

Then again, if the "Oceanic 6" were such celebrities, why weren't there a bunch of people there....?

Maybe Michael came back to the states and hid. He may have never divulged that he was shipwrecked. Remember, he killed TWO of the other Losties in his escape to save his son. I'm curious about him because we don't even know for sure if he made it home. Hopefully we will find out soon what happened to him.

Also, maybe Kate is not actually one of the "Oceanic Six" as far as the public is concerned. Remember, she was a fugitive so perhaps as part of her deal to return, she lives under a different name/identity and "Kate" died in the original plane crash as far as the public is concerned.

Could it be Locke? The obit mentioned New York and the service was in Los Angeles. Did Locke ever have a connection to New York? The obit also said the victim left a teenage son. Did Locke have a small son who could be a teenager by then? If so, maybe we just haven't heard that backstory yet. It has to be a man because the obit said "the body of a man" and then the first name started with a J. James Ford? John Locke? Jacob???? The plot thickens <insert evil laugh here>

Jack said "neither" when asked if he were "friend or family". I doubt he was actually there to pay his respects. He was there to see if anyone else would show up at the service. I think there are more than SIX who returned. But they are all obligated to keep the secret about what they saw on the island as part of their deal to return.

Rose and Bernard would have stayed, no doubt because Rose was well on the island. Jin would have left because she would die if she stayed. All we know for sure is that Hurley and Jack are celebrities and are known as the Oceanic Six.

Anyway, the point of this rambling post is to say that just because we think there are SIX, doesn't mean there are only SIX. I think that's why Jack went to the funeral home - to see if any of the other "hidden" survivors showed up.

I was born to be a pessimist. My blood type is B Negative.
  • KaiaKaia Posts: 8,815Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Lawd, that's complicated! :lol: And this is why I stopped watching, this show gives me a headache. Someone needs to start a website where you can watch only the scenes with Sawyer in them, especially the ones where his shirt is off. ;)
    *Poster formerly known as Bailey422*

Here's all you have to know about men and women: women are crazy, men are stupid. And the main reason women are crazy is that men are stupid. ~ George Carlin
    They have us all hooked wondering now who the Oceanic 6 are. If they constitute all those who make it back alive, we know three of them. . . Jack, Kate and Hurley. The other three are a mystery.

I was thinking Ben or Jacob in the casket, but you are right. . . they weren't on the Oceanic flight. I wonder what happens to Juliet.

Did you catch Naomi just before she died when she said "tell her I love her." Who is her? Another mystery for us to solve.

Wonder why Hurley wishes he had stayed with Jack. Hmmm. . . so much to think about.
    3b/c
    Naomi says to tell her sister that she loves her.

Rose tell Bernard that she is not going with "that man" in reference to Locke implying that she wants to leave the island.

I forgot about the obit that gave info....I need to rewatch some stuff I guess.

And with the FF, the last episode of season three had FF that occurred LATER than the FF in the first episode, so is it eventually just all going to morph into one time?
    Bailey422 wrote: »
    Lawd, that's complicated! :lol: And this is why I stopped watching, this show gives me a headache. Someone needs to start a website where you can watch only the scenes with Sawyer in them, especially the ones where his shirt is off. ;)

My housemate LOVES him.

Personally, Sayid.....Oh! Be Still my heart! He is Mr. HotHot Hottie McHotterson. I love him. He is BY FAR my fave.

Thanks. . . I didn't hear her say sister. Wonder if the sister will have a meaningful role in future episodes.

I forgot there was an obituary too. Can anyone remind us of what it said?
    3b/c

Maybe Michael came back to the states and hid. He may have never divulged that he was shipwrecked. Remember, he killed TWO of the other Losties in his escape to save his son. I'm curious about him because we don't even know for sure if he made it home. Hopefully we will find out soon what happened to him.

I've heard reports that we will be seeing more of him this season

Also, maybe Kate is not actually one of the "Oceanic Six" as far as the public is concerned. Remember, she was a fugitive so perhaps as part of her deal to return, she lives under a different name/identity and "Kate" died in the original plane crash as far as the public is concerned.
    Interesting idea-- it makes sense though

Could it be Locke? The obit mentioned New York and the service was in Los Angeles. Did Locke ever have a connection to New York? The obit also said the victim left a teenage son. Did Locke have a small son who could be a teenager by then? If so, maybe we just haven't heard that backstory yet. It has to be a man because the obit said "the body of a man" and then the first name started with a J. James Ford? John Locke? Jacob???? The plot thickens <insert evil laugh here>
    I don't remember any mention about Locke having a son-- I don't have a clue who it could be though

Jack said "neither" when asked if he were "friend or family". I doubt he was actually there to pay his respects. He was there to see if anyone else would show up at the service. I think there are more than SIX who returned. But they are all obligated to keep the secret about what they saw on the island as part of their deal to return.
    I hadn't thought about that-- another something to think about

Rose and Bernard would have stayed, no doubt because Rose was well on the island. Jin would have left because she would die if she stayed. All we know for sure is that Hurley and Jack are celebrities and are known as the Oceanic Six.
    Didn't R and B go with Jack?

Anyway, the point of this rambling post is to say that just because we think there are SIX, doesn't mean there are only SIX. I think that's why Jack went to the funeral home - to see if any of the other "hidden" survivors showed up.
    I think that makes a lot of sense
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Rose tell Bernard that she is not going with "that man" in reference to Locke implying that she wants to leave the island.

I forgot about the obit that gave info....I need to rewatch some stuff I guess.

And with the FF, the last episode of season three had FF that occurred LATER than the FF in the first episode, so is it eventually just all going to morph into one time?
    I know! So confusing-- and to explain that they had to have Jack say a lame line, "I'm thinking about growing a beard"

:)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    www.lostpedia.com

just in case you want to be sucked in deeper.
    I read the posts a little closer and see the info that was in the obituary. Interesting. The idea that Jack just wanted to see if anyone else showed up at the funeral home is a good one too.

Good theory that there could have been more than 6 people who got off the island. Maybe the "Oceanic 6" are a certain few with special meaning.
    3b/c

Ditto

No, I don't think Hurley is dying soon. The Charlie thing is weird...I don't know what think.
    Me neither-- he was looking cute though:)

Yes, that was Jacob (at least I am pretty sure) and um...yikes.
    I want to learn more about this Jacob character. Right now I'm just afraid of him

No Idea! Driving me crazy

Ben had said that the boat was the people who where "trying to find the island for a long time" so I assume that guy is one of them? He asks if the others are still alive. I think he is still trying to find the island. Also, Hurley (or Jack) says something about "him" wanting us back...I think the him is Jacob?
    I don't remember Ben saying this. This is why I need to watch the previous seasons so I remember more. I wonder why Jacob would want them back....scary!

The oceanic 6 are somehow not telling (or not allowed to tell????) about the island, the other people, the others, etc. etc. Because Hurley denies ever knowing about Ana Lucia to the cop who was her partner. And he also freaks out that the creepy visitor knows about the other survivors at all. You know?
    Very interesting-- I was wondering why Hurley denied knowing Ana-Lucia. I just thought he was angry.

He did seem harmless, but I was also weirded out by the fact that Jack didn't respond with a YES! He looked weirded out too....
    Yes-- that might be for suspense though

I wish I could come to your Lost parties-- I used to watch with my roommates too. Now it's just me and my husband and he's not as into it as me...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file