Spinoff-the pregnancy and parenting board

124»

Comments

• wild~hairwild~hair Posts: 9,890Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I do think that complaints would be minimized if there were a "hide thread" feature. Users could self-moderate and just hide the threads that don't interest them.

I would love this. And then create a celebrity news board, because sometimes I just really don't want to even look at those. {Sometimes I really do though, but then I know right where to find them.]
  • PartyHairPartyHair Posts: 7,713Registered Users
    LisaAnn wrote: »
    Definitely seperate. It's a matter of moderators moving topics that don't belong, after awhile people know they need to put certain topics in certain forums.

Moderators can move topics? Huh. Who woulda thunk it?
    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Rock on with your bad self.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Be excellent to each other. ~ Abraham Lincoln

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
  • mad scientistmad scientist Posts: 3,530Registered Users
    I like the separate board for discussing the nitty gritty details of P&P that wouldn't interest anyone other than women who are going through it or have recently gone through it. I feel like a thread should have general appeal for it to be posted on the Non-hair board.

That said, I think Anmeris's thread was appropriately posted here. Some parenting/pregnancy topics are societal issues also and people not directly involved may still have an opinion.

• yagottaloveyacurlsyagottaloveyacurls Posts: 5,766Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    I like having separate boards for specific topics, including P&P.

I do think that complaints would be minimized if there were a "hide thread" feature. Users could self-moderate and just hide the threads that don't interest them.

That would be AWESOME.
  • Yes, Still PaulaYes, Still Paula Posts: 485Registered Users
    I was wondering where you've been [besides fighting w/ ebay...lol]
    Good to see you back! :-)

Hey there WileE! Yup, I'm back, and having happy mommy days! I'm glad to be back and especially to see folks like you, yagotta, PartyHair, etc still going strong here! How've you been?
  • mrspoppersmrspoppers Posts: 7,223Registered Users Curl Novice
    I prefer having a separate P&P forum. It's not so much the parenting questions that got/get old, but for a while there, there were so many pregnancy and baby announcements, questions, etc that it was hard to take. There are only so many times you can unsuspectingly open mucus plug threads before you stop wanting to visit the board. No offense, but some things are only interesting to the people they happen to.
    When are women going to face the fact that they don’t know their own bodies as well as men who have heard things?

Don Langrick
    Bonsai Culturist
  • WileE-DeadWileE-Dead Banned Posts: 24,963Banned Users Curl Neophyte
    Paula wrote: »
    I was wondering where you've been [besides fighting w/ ebay...lol]
    Good to see you back! :-)

Hey there WileE! Yup, I'm back, and having happy mommy days! I'm glad to be back and especially to see folks like you, yagotta, PartyHair, etc still going strong here! How've you been?
    Howdy!
    That is great to hear :blob: I can't believe your little one is 13 mos...wow..it is true what they say about time flying.

Oh, I'll always be around :geek:
    Well, I call last year Mayhem '07...nuff said..lol
    I should meet my qualifications for finally getting my master's this next week...it's been a looong road, but I'm finally there. And I am looking forward to meeting some new goals in '08...if I survive my toddler...lol j/k
    How are your new digs? What's the latest on your ebay/PP dispute?
    btw..have you checked out tiger direct or price grabber? They've got some good selections when it comes to electronics & stuff...
    0004.gif

Ever since the sports thread wars I have sensed a special connection between [edit] & Wile. Like the connection oil has to water. I almost can't speak of it. Wait....my eyes are misting. ~asq
    Let’s just stay together and tell the world to kiss our ass. ~P

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file