Question for Jessicurl Poo Lovers

Do you have to use a lot of the shampoo to wash your scalp and hair? Like A LOT? I have tried both of her shampoos and my issue with them is the same: it doesn't feel like I've even put anything in my hair. Maybe it is because my scalp is so oily that it just doesn't make a dent in the buildup. I would have to use several handfuls I think to even feel like I'm shampooing and it's just too expensive to use that much! Any other ideas/experiences?
2c who can't seem to find enough moisture! Trying to figure this out once and for all 7 years after going CG!

Comments

• realisticrealistic Posts: 2,222Registered Users Curl Novice
    I use a very small amount of GLS and it lathers up really nicely.
    Rather than love, than money, than fame, give me truth. I sat at a table where were rich food and wine in abundance, and obsequious attendance, but sincerity and truth were not;
    and I went away hungry from the inhospitable board.
    -Henry David Thoreau
  • linda_mlinda_m Posts: 211Registered Users
    I use a very small amount of GLS, as well. I wouldn't say it lathers a lot, but it does a great job of cleansing. I do concentrate on my scalp, though. I just finger comb the suds through the length of my hair after I'm done rubbing my scalp.
    Couple of inches past shoulder length 3A. Shampoo every 3rd or 4th day w/ baby shampoo; Tigi Fashionista conditioner; back to Condition 3-in-1 mousse . Alternate days water rinse, conditioner and mousse.
  • mysteryflavoredmysteryflavored Posts: 1,271Registered Users Curl Novice
    I use the HCC and only use about a nickel-size squirt on my scalp. It doesn't really feel like anything's in there, but I can feel it when I wash it out, and my roots are super clean and moisturized afterwards.
  • WiggilyhairWiggilyhair Posts: 780Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    I have to use a big palmfull of GL it to get any lather at all. My water isn't that hard. I go through it or Low Poo like water.
  • CurlyinColoradoCurlyinColorado Posts: 3,093Registered Users
    I use the HCC and only use about a nickel-size squirt on my scalp. It doesn't really feel like anything's in there, but I can feel it when I wash it out, and my roots are super clean and moisturized afterwards.

Same here and when I use GLS.
    PS - I can't get a lather with GLS.
    2b/3a.
  • EfrizzabethEfrizzabeth Posts: 8,792Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    As I've learned, though it's always easy to forget, you don't need a good lather for cleaning. What you're accustomed to thinking makes for better cleaning is the over-abundance of suds. :D
  • laurabeth33laurabeth33 Posts: 1,443Registered Users
    lazy loops wrote: »
    As I've learned, though it's always easy to forget, you don't need a good lather for cleaning. What you're accustomed to thinking makes for better cleaning is the over-abundance of suds. :D

I agree. This is kinda the point of Jessicurl's poos. I have found that it lathers differently now that I'm in Arkansas (less hard water than FL in the area I'm in).
    2b w/ some 3a
    product tester geek
  • allie95allie95 Posts: 74Registered Users
    Thanks for the replies, everyone! I'm not really looking for lather, but I just don't feel like there's anything in there. My hair is pretty coarse and it's like it soaks it up (like it soaks up [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/Jessicurl-Too-Shea-Extra-Moisturizing-Conditioner-p-105.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=jessicurl-too-shea-extra-moisturizing-conditioner]Too Shea[/buylink] and other conditioners) before I can get it on my scalp. Maybe my technique is bad? Can someone with super thick coarse hair explain how they get it from their fingers to their scalp?
    2c who can't seem to find enough moisture! Trying to figure this out once and for all 7 years after going CG!
  • JLRcurlyJLRcurly Posts: 245Registered Users
    I use her HCC, i don't get much later but it does feel clean. I use about a nickel sized amount and really just rub it in like I'm pulling my hair up in a ponytail, if I feel my scalp needs extra attention I will use a shampoo brush, which I got at the local drugstore for 80 cents.
    JEN :hello2:3b, currently bored with my hair.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file