Aloe Vera Gel

Do any of you ladies use 100% pure aloe vera gel on your scalp and hair, or do you mix it with something else like water?

Comments

• eweniqueewenique Registered Users Posts: 1,502 Curl Neophyte
    Sometimes on 2nd day hair that's too frizzy, I will put a glob of AVG in the palm of my hand, add a little water, then smooth/scrunch it into my hair. It dries a bit crunchy, but scrunches out nicely. Often I will set it with the diffuser, too. Works for me!
    2C wavy with some spirals. CG since April 07. Medium texture and porosity.
    COs: Yes to Cucumbers
    Stylers: Miss Jessies Coily Custard, KCCC

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Live Simply. Use Soap
    www.TheLatheredLamb.com
    www.EweniqueEssentials.artfire.com
  • xcptnlxcptnl Central MassachusettsRegistered Users Posts: 15,678 Curl Connoisseur
    I do not often use it alone but I have mixed it with water in my palm and used over canopy to smooth frizzies. I typically mix it with 'thick' products to get them a bit thinner for easier application.
    Central Massachusetts

One good reason to only maintain a small circle of friends is that three out of four murders are committed by people who know the victim. ~George Carlin~

In regards to Vagazzling: They just want to get into the goods without worrying about getting scratched up by fake crystals. ~spring1onu~
  • curlybohocurlyboho Northern Michigan/Lake SuperiorRegistered Users Posts: 130
    I like to put aloe in my hair after I shower. I try to get some of the moisture out, and then I take about 1/4 cup of aloe and pour it through (do this over the sink other wise you may have a mess). Then I take a wide tooth comb to it to distribute all the way through, scrunch and maybe add some leave in conditioner to take out the crunchies. It works great for me!!!
    Low Porosity-Medium Density

Hair loves all sorts of proteins...my curls come to life in hot humid weather!
  • latetocurlslatetocurls Registered Users Posts: 127
    I use a mixture of equal parts aloe gel and glycerin and then add enough water to make it about the consistency of [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/Curly-Hair-Solutions-Curl-Keeper-p-28.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=curly-hair-solutions-curl-keeper]Curl Keeper[/buylink] - maybe a tiny bit "gelier". I put in on my hair after my leave-in. My hair has never been as soft and shiny.
    Laura

Fine, 3A, but a lot of it.

http://public.fotki.com/latetocurls/

PW: Curly

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file