Giving up on the 'same' hair quest

xcptnlxcptnl Posts: 15,678Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
I got to thinking - what makes me think I can get the same hair every day even if I use the same products? For instance, if I water wash today, use my products, etc. If I water wash tomorrow my hair is going to be different because it is one more day without shampoo and one more day with it's natural oils. So I am thinking no matter what I do I will never ever get the same results day after day. Right, wrong or who gives a poop?
Central Massachusetts

One good reason to only maintain a small circle of friends is that three out of four murders are committed by people who know the victim. ~George Carlin~

In regards to Vagazzling: They just want to get into the goods without worrying about getting scratched up by fake crystals. ~spring1onu~

Comments

• SpunGoldSpunGold Posts: 454Registered Users
    My hair never looks the same 2 days in a row. In fact, I tend to part it differently depending on how the curls fall, which makes it even more inconsistent. :alien:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Fia type: 3a/F/ii Pics! Updated 04/22/10
    CO Wash: Suave Coconut
    Leave-in: Deva Heaven in Hair
    Current Styler: Fuzzy Duck Gel
    finally at waist length!
  • msgibletmsgiblet Posts: 5,825Registered Users
    Well, it makes sense to me. Theoretically, with enough experimenting, maybe it's possible to get close to the same everyday if you could figure out your hair enough to know what routine/products you needed on any given day; i.e., say on the 2nd day when your hair should have more of it's natural oils, can you cut down on conditioner/moisturizing products, etc.?, then say on a 3rd day, you cut the moisture down even more and add volumizing products? Then, on a day when you use shampoo, you change to products that are more moisturizing, etc., etc. Of course, then you've also got to check the weather every day and find out the temperature, humidity level, dewpoint, rainy, windy, etc., etc.

In other words, we need to quit our jobs, set up a lab, hire some research scientists and have a meterologist at our disposal.

Holy Crap. I'm just going to start wearing ponytails.
    http://public.fotki.com/msgiblet/ - pw: gibber -- Pics Added 7/10/11
    Fine, Thick, Normal Porosity, Normal Elasticity

Countess Balashi of Divi Beach in the Order of the Curly Crusaders :occasion5:

If I'm Going To Have A Bad Hair Day, It Might As Well Be In Aruba!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • CurliLocksCurliLocks Posts: 10,573Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    My hair never looks the same day to day, and I don't give a poop! ;) :lol: Sometimes I get better 2nd day hair than first, and vice versa. I don't mind that it's different each day, as long as it looks alright.
    SF Bay Area, CA * "The Angel-Goddess-Guru of Haircoloring" :D
    3b/c/a mix. medium texture, low porosity
    My Motto: Strand Test! some hair pics
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] -- gone, but never forgotten.
  • xcptnlxcptnl Posts: 15,678Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    CurliLocks wrote: »
    My hair never looks the same day to day, and I don't give a poop! ;) :lol: Sometimes I get better 2nd day hair than first, and vice versa. I don't mind that it's different each day, as long as it looks alright.

I am there with you now! As long it looks alright I am good with it. I am done with trying to recreate really good days - it just leaves me frustrated. I will just be happy when they happen.
    Central Massachusetts

One good reason to only maintain a small circle of friends is that three out of four murders are committed by people who know the victim. ~George Carlin~

In regards to Vagazzling: They just want to get into the goods without worrying about getting scratched up by fake crystals. ~spring1onu~
  • msjananimsjanani Posts: 624Registered Users
    I really should be giving up on the "replicate the perfect hair day" quest but it really is hard when I take all these pictures of the back of my head! It's like now I know exactly what it's supposed to look like.
    3A low/medium porosity, medium texture

Current products:
    Stylers: HE Tousle Me Softly, Condition 3-in-1 Mousse
    Conditioners: Terax Crema, Mill Creek Botanicals Henna Conditioner
    Cleanser: DevaCurl NoPoo

http://www.flickr.com/photos/theevolutionofcurl/
  • Brooke789Brooke789 Posts: 415Registered Users
    My hair looked really good yesterday...so, today I did the EXACT same thing and my hair seriously looked like crap all day long. :angry7:
  • CurliLocksCurliLocks Posts: 10,573Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    xcptnl wrote: »
    I am there with you now! As long it looks alright I am good with it. I am done with trying to recreate really good days - it just leaves me frustrated. I will just be happy when they happen.

Yep, I figure I have great hair days, good hair days, and tolerable hair days. :lol: Never bad hair days because just having curls makes it better than average. ;) Just gotta love your curls no matter what! :love1:
    Brooke789 wrote: »
    My hair looked really good yesterday...so, today I did the EXACT same thing and my hair seriously looked like crap all day long. :angry7:
    Oh yeah, been there too! :thumbdown:

Today I am sporting BIG hair! :afro: I washed last night in anticipation of coloring, no conditioner or stylers. My curls actually don't look too bad, just very fluffy and big.
    SF Bay Area, CA * "The Angel-Goddess-Guru of Haircoloring" :D
    3b/c/a mix. medium texture, low porosity
    My Motto: Strand Test! some hair pics
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] -- gone, but never forgotten.
  • MagooMagoo Posts: 2,173Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Yeah, I was just thinking today of how frustrated I am that my hair NEVER looks the same. It's a pain trying to figure out this hair puzzle everyday.:thumbdown:
    I agree with Curlilocks, though, still love my curls and wouln't trade them for anything:toothy7:.
    3b/c fine, thick, porous, protein sensitive
    Modified CG, CJ Rehab, JCWDT, KCKT, VO5 Chamomile Tea Therapy, CJDF, HEBE Gel/Mousse, Bioinfusion Rosemary Mint shampoo, occasional protein

Experimenting with BRHG

"If you want the rainbow, you've gotta put up with the rain"

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file