CurlTalk

HELP! i have flakey skin on my face!

curlyxo10curlyxo10 Posts: 64Registered Users
what do it do my face is getting peely. and flaky. I use proactive but nothing helps. DO i need to exfoliate?

Comments

• RedCatWavesRedCatWaves Posts: 31,258Registered Users
    Yes. You cannot moisturize flaking skin. You must remove it. Try just a washcloth. You might want to try adding some salicylic acid to your routine, which is a way of chemically exfoliating.
  • curlyxo10curlyxo10 Posts: 64Registered Users
    thank you so much!!! i will try!

if there are any homemade exfoliates please post them!!
  • rouquinnerouquinne Posts: 13,498Registered Users Curl Dabbler
    just use a rough wash cloth, as RCW recommended. if you REALLY need something else, a paste made with gentle skin cleanser and baking soda will also work.
    My blog:

/home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Flabellatestarossa.blogspot.ca%2F" class="Popup

Little Mother of all the Roaches, President-for-Life of the MAC Harlots!
  • Hairblogger â„¢Hairblogger â„¢ Posts: 564Registered Users
    Baking soda is a great exfoliant for the body as well.

Using a soft cloth, rub it on your pre-cleansed face in a circular motion. Rinse and moisturize...
    'Goddess Hair & Skin Recipe Book' devotee 4life!

Co-Wash: Aubrey O. HoneySuckleRose Cond.
    Poo: 1-2x ~monthly~ w/AO 'poo+Baking Soda
    DT: Honey + any Aubrey Condish
    Leave-Ins: Sheamoisture / RJML Cactus / KBBmilk!

[/COLOR]
  • LilyWavesLilyWaves Posts: 224Registered Users
    My dermatologist once recommended that I use Cetaphil moisturizing cream when I use drying products (which, like Proactiv, was a benzoyl peroxide product). I was a bit skeptical to use anything with the word "cream" in its title on my face, but I'm very happy I did (it is non-comedogenic). That was years ago, and I still use it when I get flaky patches I can't get rid of. The flakes are usually gone within a day or two.
    2b
    conditioner - AOHR
    shampoo - Beauty Without Cruelty Rosemary Mint Tea Tree
    styling products - KCCC, BRHG, Boots Curl Creme, Re:coil