Spinoff: do you have big breasts?

Rastacurl RevisitedRastacurl Revisited Posts: 104Registered Users
Also, what defines a big rack for you? What size? I'm a 36D and since the rest of me is small/compact I consider that a pretty decent set of jugs, so I chose BIG
Supernappy, superbad, "when are you gonna put a relaxer up in that mess?"shrinking breaking TYPE 5 hair that - against all the odds - is growing quite long :)
Failed to load the poll.
Failed to load the poll.

Comments

• Who Me?Who Me? Posts: 3,181Registered Users
    You don't have a medium or "average sized" option. :? Mine aren't necessarily BIG, but they have never been described as small. :D Being forced to choose I will have to go with big.
    "I don't know! I don't know why I did it, I don't know why I enjoyed it, and I don't know why I'll do it again!" -BART SIMPSON
  • MzShvyMzShvy Posts: 121Registered Users
    I have been fairly small all of my life, until the past year. They aren't small, but they aren't big either. They are average. I think they fit my body perfect.
    MzShvy

"If we get a little crazy, blame it on the alcohol." Pat Green
  • sew and sewsew and sew Posts: 3,443Registered Users
    “It was only a sunny smile and little it cost in the giving but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living.” - F. Scott Fitzgerald

3B ■ Medium/Course ■ High Porosity
  • PixieCurlPixieCurl Posts: 5,656Registered Users
    i voted big, although by normal-people standards they're probably medium. i'm a 32C but since i'm 4'10" and around 95 lb, i've been told they look pretty big (but not horribly disproportionate).
    Faith, 3Aish redhead
    Mama to two wild superheroes and a curly-headed baby boy :love5:
  • msjokermsjoker Posts: 1,658Registered Users
    I'm big but I don't have any back aches. I'm in the DD category. I can only imagine how big I'll get if I ever have babies.
    "It moisturizes my situation... preserves my sexy."
  • Oregano  (formerly babywavy)Oregano (formerly babywavy) Posts: 5,297Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I said too big, I'm a 34dd, but I'm only 5'2", and my back and shoulders always hurt.

They're the first things to gain weight, so @ 20lbs overweight, they're definately too big. When I'm down that 20, I'm a 34d, on the smaller side, and I'm quite happy with those.
    ~ the artist formerly known as babywavy ~

Please excuse any typos. For the time being, we are blaming it on my computer.
  • BefrizzledBefrizzled Posts: 3,854Registered Users
    msjoker wrote:
    I'm in the DD category. I can only imagine how big I'll get if I ever have babies.

I hadn't thought about this until one of the recent threads. Talk about a potential nightmare.. I'm a 38 DDD.
    Under construction.
  • SalmagundiSalmagundi Posts: 35Registered Users
    PixieCurl wrote:
    i voted big, although by normal-people standards they're probably medium. i'm a 32C but since i'm 4'10" and around 95 lb, i've been told they look pretty big (but not horribly disproportionate).

I'm proportioned pretty similarly to you. I'm 5'2", 103 lbs, and 32C. I guess they look a little big compared to my small frame, but they aren't disproportionately large. I don't really think they're that big, especially compared to those of you with DD cups.
    "In the beginning, the universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry, and is generally considered to have been a bad move."
    -Douglas Adams
  • zsazsazsazsa Posts: 85Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I'm a 38DD, and I'm beginning to get 'grooves' on my shoulders from my bra straps :evil:
    PASSWORD: DAN-DAN
  • jax3catsjax3cats Posts: 34Registered Users
    Mine are too big. Even though I can afford to lose 40 lbs, I still think they are too big even for my overweight self. And unfortunately, they're not too big simply because I'm overweight. They seemed to go on a growth spurt in college, when I wasn't overweight, and haven't looked back since. Breast reduction surgery is on my list of "must haves" in the near future, but I don't have mdeical insurance right now so it's out of the question for the time being.
    2 of my 3 boys
    ~~~~~~~~~~~
    USED to think I was a 2 b/c wavy, until I started growing out my very short hair and discovered I'm actually a 3 a/b curlyhead!
  • spring1onuspring1onu Posts: 16,528Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    msjoker wrote:
    I'm a 38 DDD.

Me too and I can't find a bra anywhere to save my life! I'm totally fed up with looking to the point of almost crying in the dressing room when nothing fits. :cry: I will just have to buy a 40DD (the cup in that size seems close to a 38DDD) and let it be too large I guess since the cup fits me but the band is way too big.

I obviously chose "too big". I know that when I lose weight they will too and I won't be so unhappy. They get in the way!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

spring-smiley.gif?1292867680

Byron,GA> Charleston, SC> Jacksonville, FL> Guilford, CT> Rohnert Park, CA! A southern drawl in sunny Cali! . :D
    The amount of time from slipping on the peel and landing on the pavement is exactly one bananosecond.
    I do have a secret yen for pink in unexpected places. ~ninja dog
    I've decided that I'll never get down to my original weight, and I'm OK with that--After all, 8 pounds 2 oz. is just not realistic.
  • itsjustmeghanitsjustmeghan Posts: 652Registered Users
    yeah, i would have put average normally, but because of this pregnancy thing, my boobs seem to grow every day. i'm constantly shocked when i wake up in the morning at how big they get overnight. :shock:
    i'm still squeezing into my 36C bra, but i'm SURE i'm gonna have to hit the store and upgrade a few sizes soon...
    :oops: i wish they shrunk instead! i'd love to be a fried egg girl...i'd LOVE not to wear a bra every day!
    besides, they say all guys need is a palmfull and a nipple! hahahaha :roll:
    3A Once again on the quest for BSL healthy curly hair....
  • BefrizzledBefrizzled Posts: 3,854Registered Users
    spring1onu wrote:
    msjoker wrote:
    I'm a 38 DDD.

Me too and I can't find a bra anywhere to save my life! I'm totally fed up with looking to the point of almost crying in the dressing room when nothing fits. :cry: I will just have to buy a 40DD (the cup in that size seems close to a 38DDD) and let it be too large I guess since the cup fits me but the band is way too big.

I obviously chose "too big". I know that when I lose weight they will too and I won't be so unhappy. They get in the way!

Try Frederick's of Hollywood! I swear, that store saved me. I can't even count how many times I've cried in stores because both bras and shirts were impossible to find. Even when I've lost weight, my chest didn't shrink a bit. I'm not big, but I'm broad--my back and ribs, so finding bras that have support and don't slide down over my ribs (the ones right under my chest stick out quite a bit) and cause some severe saggage was beyond impossible. I'm 18 and want to dress my age, but I always had to buy granny bras and ill fitting shirts until last December when I came across Fred's in the mall near my university. For the first time ever, these things are where they're supposed to be and my clothes fit sooooo much better, though shirts are still hard to find. Try Old Navy for shirts--I'm not sure what fit you like, but the rest of me is 2-3 sizes smaller than my chest (so buying dresses is out of the question-too much taylor work), and their tiny fit t-shirts in large fit really well for me because the material clings where it's supposed to.

I wear these and these.

I chose big in the poll because while I'm pretty big, I've finally come to peace with them, all because of these new bras. My doctor has said I'm not big enough for a reduction and that although I've had back pain for years, it's probably not caused by my chest, though he's not sure why I have it. When Frederick's doesn't have my size (when I'm buying at a store instad of online), I'll get 40 DD, though the 38 F (DDD) fits better because of the band.
    Under construction.
  • LipGlassHoneyLipGlassHoney Posts: 230Registered Users
    Mine are a 42DD. No back pain yet.
    Black and Puerto Rican 3c Natural since '95 (15). Growing hair to waist. PJ and Certified MAC JUNKIE and a freakin' DEMOCRAT!!! Visit my other page @ www.myspace.com/LipGlassHoney
    Me @ 6 mos. looking just like my son
  • spring1onuspring1onu Posts: 16,528Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    spring1onu wrote:
    msjoker wrote:
    I'm a 38 DDD.

Try Frederick's of Hollywood! I swear, that store saved me. I can't even count how many times I've cried in stores because both bras and shirts were impossible to find. Even when I've lost weight, my chest didn't shrink a bit. I'm not big, but I'm broad--my back and ribs, so finding bras that have support and don't slide down over my ribs (the ones right under my chest stick out quite a bit) and cause some severe saggage was beyond impossible. I'm 18 and want to dress my age, but I always had to buy granny bras and ill fitting shirts until last December when I came across Fred's in the mall near my university. For the first time ever, these things are where they're supposed to be and my clothes fit sooooo much better, though shirts are still hard to find. Try Old Navy for shirts--I'm not sure what fit you like, but the rest of me is 2-3 sizes smaller than my chest (so buying dresses is out of the question-too much taylor work), and their tiny fit t-shirts in large fit really well for me because the material clings where it's supposed to.

I wear these and these.

I chose big in the poll because while I'm pretty big, I've finally come to peace with them, all because of these new bras. My doctor has said I'm not big enough for a reduction and that although I've had back pain for years, it's probably not caused by my chest, though he's not sure why I have it. When Frederick's doesn't have my size (when I'm buying at a store instad of online), I'll get 40 DD, though the 38 F (DDD) fits better because of the band.

Thanks SO much for the info! I'll see if we have a FOH anywhere near me and give those a shot. :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

spring-smiley.gif?1292867680

Byron,GA> Charleston, SC> Jacksonville, FL> Guilford, CT> Rohnert Park, CA! A southern drawl in sunny Cali! . :D
    The amount of time from slipping on the peel and landing on the pavement is exactly one bananosecond.
    I do have a secret yen for pink in unexpected places. ~ninja dog
    I've decided that I'll never get down to my original weight, and I'm OK with that--After all, 8 pounds 2 oz. is just not realistic.
  • avataravatar Posts: 454Registered Users
    I didn't vote in a category. I consider myself average now. I'm a small (as opposed to full) 32DD/34D (equiv. to a 36C). I used to be a 32H+. So, I think I could be forgiven if I even consider myself small now. :)
    "A musician must make music, an artist must paint, a poet must write, if he is to be ultimately at peace with himself." --- Abraham Maslow
  • three rivers curlythree rivers curly Posts: 994Registered Users
    I have enough problems finding jeans for my long legs and an 11 inch difference between my hips and waist - please DO NOT add boob issues to the mix! :lol: I went from my happy little 34B to a whopping 36 D the day after I first had my child - I did not know what to do with the darn things! I had these torpedo ****! I guess if you have gotten them gradually they aren't as bad, but to wake up with them was crazy. Even hubby was like - Are those going to go away? They don't look right on you! :lol:

He's a leg man. 8)
    Better everyone think your a fool, than to open your mouth and prove them right.

Perception is not reality.

http://public.fotki.com/hmiklos
  • mazeymazey Posts: 709Registered Users
    Who Me? wrote:
    You don't have a medium or "average sized" option. :?

That would be me (medium/average), so I didn't vote.
    Madonna getting upset with her daughter for dressing too slutty is like Mr. T getting upset with his son for pitying too many fools.
  • GuardianBGuardianB Posts: 1,905Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    I have enough problems finding jeans for my long legs and an 11 inch difference between my hips and waist - please DO NOT add boob issues to the mix! :lol: I went from my happy little 34B to a whopping 36 D the day after I first had my child - I did not know what to do with the darn things! I had these torpedo &%$@#!! I guess if you have gotten them gradually they aren't as bad, but to wake up with them was crazy. Even hubby was like - Are those going to go away? They don't look right on you! :lol:

He's a leg man. 8)

Too funny. I am also a calf person if I had to choose. So when DW went from a smallish 34B on her 5'5" 125lbs frame to during the pregnacy a 40G 155lbs, never really lost the baby weight, started with number 2 kid and has now settled into a 38DD and around 150lb.

Shoot...she'd lose 5 pounds apiece for those things probably. :lol:
    ~Two friends, one soul inspired~ anonymous
  • geminigemini Posts: 3,325Registered Users
    GB--I am amazed you know your wife's size. My husband has no clue. :lol:

I'm 5'3" and normally in a 34C, but now that I am pregnant, I have ginganta-boobs.
  • GuardianBGuardianB Posts: 1,905Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    gemini wrote:

Well they are left all over the house and sometimes :shock: in my truck banghead.gif

:lol:

reading the "Do you know your size thread" a few weeks ago... made me think about it again. She always is getting that thing off pretty much as soon as possible since the straps dig into her shoulders. :(
    ~Two friends, one soul inspired~ anonymous
  • j'adorej'adore Posts: 1,966Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I went from my happy little 34B to a whopping 36 D the day after I first had my child - I did not know what to do with the darn things!

Oh cool! I hope I get to keep mine. :D

I didn't vote either...at 8 and a half months pregnant, I am a 34C. That is in the medium category.
    "Don't play me...I'm over 30, and I don't smoke weed"
    -Prince

catcatadr20050914_-8_Marley+is.png
  • geminigemini Posts: 3,325Registered Users
    GuardianB wrote:
    gemini wrote:

Well they are left all over the house and sometimes :shock: in my truck banghead.gif

:lol:

Hey I do that too, but i don't think it's ever occurred to him to look at the size on the tag. :wink:
  • MyradelleMyradelle Posts: 26Registered Users
    I'm a D which I look at as being small. I had been an H (that didn't fit right) so I see myself as almost flat-chested.
  • Daisy185Daisy185 Posts: 11Registered Users
    Big here! lol. I wear 34 D's to DD's.
    IMO I don't really consider a C cup as big, maybe medium (I agree w/a poster that there should be a voting option for that).
  • ScaryCurlScaryCurl Posts: 138Registered Users
    I "was" a 34DD and when I got pregnant went up to a 36FF! :shock: Got milk?? Thanks to a wonderful surgeon, I am now a perfect 34C. My insurance even paid because I had years of documented medical problems. My reduction was the best thing I have ever done for myself.
    Hair type: 3C. Favorite products for the moment: CONDITIONER: Elucence MBC, LEAVE-IN COND: Curls Rock. CURL ENHANCER: Frederic Fekkai Luscious Curls. GEL: Ouidad Climate Control (HG), FINISHING: Frederic Fekkai Glossing Creme.
  • DolphinCurlsDolphinCurls Posts: 370Registered Users
    I am a 36 A and perfectly content with what I've got. No breast implants for me.
    3A/2C combination of ringlets and waves :nike:
  • pacammipacammi Posts: 206Registered Users
    44DD. Back aches, neck pain, not enough evidence to get a reduction. Never complained to a doctor, only to family. They claim family doesn't count... :roll: lol

I wear the old granny bras, because no one is going to see them but me! When I feel cute I might wear my wonder bra. We weighed them at the doctor's office, I used to work at, and they weigth about 10 ponds each. So if I lose 20 lbs, they'll be gone...yeah, uh huh. I'll wake up in a minute.

I was the only 3rd grader in a training bra. I would love to be about a 36 c, maybe smaller. Don't want them too small, then I'll look out of balance. Small enough that I don't HAVE to wear a bra though
    CGNYC wrote:
    Oh y'all, that's just her crazy showing.
    Trenellm wrote:
    I guess lying on my back, in the middle of a studio, breathing and making vowel sounds for an hour for two years paid off. :)
  • RainRain Posts: 217Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I'm big. Really big. I'm not voting for TOO big even though I am in a 34G because I think they're just right! I am under 5' but I have a curvy hourglass shape and I feel everything's in proportion. I do have some minor back pain but only in relation to a shoulder problem that is not caused by my boobs.

For everyone who says their straps are digging, I say get a tighter band size. Your band is what needs to hold you up. Measure around where your band needs to go and find a bra with that number on it. Don't size up or it's going to be too loose, it will ride up your back and your shoulders will be carrying your boobs -- hence shoulder and back pain. A good supportive bra makes all the difference. Just remember that when you go down a band size, you go up a cup size.

If you can't find a small enough band size, try figleaves.com, bravissimo.com or eBay. For some reason, all the best full-figured bras seem to come from England. I'm a huge (no pun intended) fan of the Fantasie smoothing bra. I also love their Belle balconette bras. There's no reason to wear underwear that looks like Grandma's and there's no reason to live in pain either.
    3a/b, fine, lots of it
  • ScaryCurlScaryCurl Posts: 138Registered Users
    Pacammi,
    Start a papertrail. Go to your family doctor and explain your problems to him. Better yet, go to an orthopedic surgeon. My plastic surgeon told me there was NO way insurance would cover my procedure. My orthopedic surgeon had even "lost" my chart which contained years of medical documentation backing up my complaints. I went ahead with the procedure because I couldn't take the pain anymore. I had my family doctor as well as my orthopedist each write a letter of medical necessity for me claiming that my back, neck, and shoulder pain would be alleviated with a reduction and my insurance company, after the fact, reimbursed me. If you fight hard enough, you'll win. Insurance companies are notorious for turning down claims the first time around. They don't want to pay for anything. The squeaky wheel will always get the oil, or in this case the breast reduction. :wink:
    Hair type: 3C. Favorite products for the moment: CONDITIONER: Elucence MBC, LEAVE-IN COND: Curls Rock. CURL ENHANCER: Frederic Fekkai Luscious Curls. GEL: Ouidad Climate Control (HG), FINISHING: Frederic Fekkai Glossing Creme.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file