Looking for some shine...

Trina 08Trina 08 Registered Users Posts: 31
Hey Guys...

Does anyone have any product recommendations that adds some shine to the hair? I find that oils don't really work for me :(

-Katrina
African American with type 4a hair. I have been natural since 2005.

Comments

• MoroniMoroni Registered Users Posts: 2
    Trina, have you ever tried ghee? I had a friend recommend it to me, and I picked some up. WOW! I put a little bit on my hair, which had been rollerset, and the shine was awesome!

How are you styling your hair?
  • heavengirl410heavengirl410 Registered Users Posts: 821
    Have you ever tried adding some honey to your conditioner? I mix it in the palm of my hand about a 50:50 ratio of honey and conditioner, It really helps with the shine. I have added a small drop to my gel before also, and that made it shiny, but please don't use a whole lot if you are gonna leave it in, it will leave your hair a hard stringy mess, Trust me I know:thumbdown:
  • subbrocksubbrock Registered Users Posts: 8,212
    veggie glycerine has worked for me in the past.
  • freshkinkycutfreshkinkycut Registered Users Posts: 111
    Curls Elixir gave me major shine!!! Kemi oil did too but it works best if you apply it after hair is dry. hth
    Hairveda convert for 2009! :wave:
    http://public.fotki.com/freshkinkycut/

event.png

comic-p.jpg
  • bella geebella gee Registered Users Posts: 88
    i know its an oil butttt...if you havent already ....try some coconut oil..the shine is amazing...get the organic/virgin kind from whole foods or vitamin shoppe
    comic-p.jpg
    **Updated 2.23.09**
  • Trina 08Trina 08 Registered Users Posts: 31
    Thanks for the advice guys. I have tried coconut, glycerin, and honey in the past. I don't know if I was using the right type of honey...but non of them showed much of anything. In fact my brand products worked better...but the shine just doesnt last. Once the moisture leaves my hair...the only way to get it back is by washing it again.

Hey Moroni...What is ghee?
    African American with type 4a hair. I have been natural since 2005.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file