Hair Diaster - HELP needed

curllotscurllots Posts: 1Registered Users
Hello all,
I'm new to this site. i have hairtype 3B, so you can imagine my horror that i have lost my curls after using straightening irons. i have washed it twice since and used an intense conditioner but the curls just wont come back. my hair feels dry and looks it too. What can i do? i have medium length hair and have never experienced this before. It's been four days now and there still seems to be no sign of my curls coming back. I am desparate! Please, can anyone advise? I'm beginning to think my only option is to get it all cut off!
Curllots x

Comments

• FrizzBgoneFrizzBgone Posts: 2,678Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    curllots wrote: »
    Hello all,
    I'm new to this site. i have hairtype 3B, so you can imagine my horror that i have lost my curls after using straightening irons. i have washed it twice since and used an intense conditioner but the curls just wont come back. my hair feels dry and looks it too. What can i do? i have medium length hair and have never experienced this before. It's been four days now and there still seems to be no sign of my curls coming back. I am desparate! Please, can anyone advise? I'm beginning to think my only option is to get it all cut off!
    Curllots x

Welcome ... wish you were coming under better circumstances !!

If you hair is really dry, I think I would stay away from the shampoo all together. Have you tried some deep treatments ... some of the girls swear by the heated cap for a D.T. You could also try some oil ... Blended Beauty makes one, as does Jessicurl. It sounds like you hair needs some TLC.

Before you cut it off, I'd give it some time ... and lots of conditioning. If you have to wash it or at least wet it daily, try doing washing with conditioner instead of the shampoo ....

I'm also wondering if you have used a lot of products containing silicone. Before I found NCC, all the products I used had a lot of silicone in them. If you were straightening your hair a lot, I suspect you may have been using a lot silicones as well. The silicones really played havoc with my curls. It took a couple of weeks completely away from them before my hair started to re-bound. I had to use a clarifying shampoo to get rid of the build up. Because you hair is damaged, I don't know that you want to clarify. A lot of curlies swear by ACV (apple cider vineger) rinses or lemon rinses. If you have the build up, it may help you get rid of it ... I would follow up the rinse with a deep treatment though.

Try posting your questions about the damage / dryness of your hair to the general discussion board ... you will probably get lots of help there.

Good luck ... and welcome ! :occasion9:
    Type: 3a fine & dense,with normal porosity, terrible product junkie
    ROUTINE: LI, enhancer, gel, plop with Curlease towel, serum product (either CIAB or Gel-les'c), clip & diffuse.
    Too many favourite products to list ... I finally have my routine that works and alot of products to choose from. My product stash is huge, but well loved !!!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file