Curl Cremes for 3B/C ?

CurlyVeeCurlyVee Posts: 340Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
I figure I need something a lil more than the average creme (moisture) on those drier days ( its been cold). I am not sure what was CG or what was loaded with cones or proteins (my hair likes it , my skin not so much) ... I just dunno what to buy. I much rather stick with something I can get at the drugstore or quite easily.GF didnt work for me :sad8: like most on here so ...

I saw these at my Big Lots today and wanted to buy them all but my b/f was home so I couldnt :angel5:, anywho here is what I saw:
Dove Weightless Curl Creme
Got2Be Creme Promade
Citre Shine Promade
Pantene Curl Leave In
Tons of Sunsilk, Tresseme
Hmm cant remember the rest :angry7:
I tried the Activate Soft Curl - didnt work out (developed an itch) <sigh>:blob6:
I wanted to try Boots but now that is isnt readily available I am afraid to get hooked on it. Any "safe" suggestions ?? :tongue5:
Hyper Sensitive to many things !!!
2017 Routine: Trader Joe's Nourish Spa Cond as co-wash; 365 Fragrance Free Shampoo; Aloe Vera Juice , Water and Apricot Seed Oil as leave in. :blob3:When all else fails, I run back to KCKT and KCCC :thumright: Shampoo weekly - co-wash every 2/3/4 days - just depends :compress:

Comments

• AngieNYCAngieNYC Posts: 32Registered Users
    Hi there- I'm a newbie, but I recently started using BIG CURLS by Sam- it comes in a short, yellow tube. And I love it! My hair is very similar to yours, execpt mine is thin...

I used to be in love with Fructis-Soft Curl Creme...but it was pretty sticky.

After reading a lot of posts here, and watching the 'how to' styling video of Curlisto...now I mix a little LA Looks gel with my Big Curls creme, and smooth it onto my hair in sections. And my hair has never looked better! I still need a good haircut/style- but my curls band together more, creating nice ringlets by using this Big Curls creme method.

Just my two cents... :-)

--> Fine, thin, shoulder length 3B Corkscrews -I think! (became more Botticelli while following CG the first time in 2008...but this time around they are back to normal)
    --> Using Deva NoPoo & Angell, with either One Condition or Suave Coconut Conditioner since I like how it weighs down & stretches my curls more.
  • CurlyVeeCurlyVee Posts: 340Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    AngieNYC wrote: »
    Hi there- I'm a newbie, but I recently started using BIG CURLS by Sam- it comes in a short, yellow tube. And I love it! My hair is very similar to yours, execpt mine is thin...

I used to be in love with Fructis-Soft Curl Creme...but it was pretty sticky.

After reading a lot of posts here, and watching the 'how to' styling video of Curlisto...now I mix a little LA Looks gel with my Big Curls creme, and smooth it onto my hair in sections. And my hair has never looked better! I still need a good haircut/style- but my curls band together more, creating nice ringlets by using this Big Curls creme method.

Just my two cents... :-)

Thanks for you cents ;-) at least you answered !
    2017 Routine: Trader Joe's Nourish Spa Cond as co-wash; 365 Fragrance Free Shampoo; Aloe Vera Juice , Water and Apricot Seed Oil as leave in. :blob3:When all else fails, I run back to KCKT and KCCC :thumright: Shampoo weekly - co-wash every 2/3/4 days - just depends :compress:
    Water, Cetearyl Alcohol, Cetyl Esters, Behentrimonium Methosulfate, Orange Oil, Glycerin, Cetrimonium Chloride, Amodimethicone , Phenoxyethanol, Quaternium-91, Cetrimonium Methosulfate, Methylparaben, Trideceth-12, Lavender oil, Butylene Glycol, Lemon Fruit Extract, Lime Fruit Extract, Orange Fruit Extract, Citric Acid, Ethylparaben, Butylparaben, Propylparaben, Isobutylparaben, Yellow No. 5, Red No. 40 Blue No. 1.
    :computer:
    I got the ingredients, its has cones but doesnt seem to be that bad - I may be wrong though
  • FrizzBgoneFrizzBgone Posts: 2,678Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    CurlyVee wrote: »
    Water, Cetearyl Alcohol, Cetyl Esters, Behentrimonium Methosulfate, Orange Oil, Glycerin, Cetrimonium Chloride, Amodimethicone , Phenoxyethanol, Quaternium-91, Cetrimonium Methosulfate, Methylparaben, Trideceth-12, Lavender oil, Butylene Glycol, Lemon Fruit Extract, Lime Fruit Extract, Orange Fruit Extract, Citric Acid, Ethylparaben, Butylparaben, Propylparaben, Isobutylparaben, Yellow No. 5, Red No. 40 Blue No. 1.
    :computer:
    I got the ingredients, its has cones but doesnt seem to be that bad - I may be wrong though
    I'll start this by saying that I am by no means an expert. I'm still learning and have nothing on some of the curly chemists on this board .. but .... I know that amodimethicone is one of the worst cones (read it in an article here that I can't find since they changed the board :sad8:).
    I know that parabens are not good for you, but I don't know whether they build up on your hair and affect your curls though .... and there are some sulfates listed, but again ... not sure whether the combination with the sulfate makes that difference.
    The ingredient that would raise a concern for me is the amodimethicone. The article that I read said that for some reason that was one of the cones that many curlies had the most problems with.
    All that being said ... if you're not CG, than cones aren't necessarily a problem for you.
    Type: 3a fine & dense,with normal porosity, terrible product junkie
    ROUTINE: LI, enhancer, gel, plop with Curlease towel, serum product (either CIAB or Gel-les'c), clip & diffuse.
    Too many favourite products to list ... I finally have my routine that works and alot of products to choose from. My product stash is huge, but well loved !!!
  • ringletmama2ringletmama2 Posts: 321Registered Users
    After the above discussion about cones I'm not sure I should mention this product but I like it--TIGI curls rock. It does build up but I don't have a problem w/dryness so I shampoo it out.
    3B: very thick, fine, easily weighed down by products

Current styling products:
    Biolage Gelee or BRHG on top of
    KCKT as a leave in or CK when humid
    or just Joiwhip alone for moderate weather conditions
  • FrizzBgoneFrizzBgone Posts: 2,678Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    After the above discussion about cones I'm not sure I should mention this product but I like it--TIGI curls rock. It does build up but I don't have a problem w/dryness so I shampoo it out.

If you like Curls Rock, you'll love [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/MOP-C-Curl-Curl-Defining-Cream-p-918.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=modern-organic-products-csystem-ccurl-curl-defining-cream]Mop-C Curl Defining Cream[/buylink].
    http://www.naturallycurly.com/product-description/1474
    I used to use the Curls Rock as well, but have tried to avoid the silicones .... I don't think this one has any cones and I actually get better results from it. It is a little pricey, but you should be able to buy it locally ... and the results are amazing.
    I get compliments on my hair everytime I use it. :toothy7:
    Type: 3a fine & dense,with normal porosity, terrible product junkie
    ROUTINE: LI, enhancer, gel, plop with Curlease towel, serum product (either CIAB or Gel-les'c), clip & diffuse.
    Too many favourite products to list ... I finally have my routine that works and alot of products to choose from. My product stash is huge, but well loved !!!
    Oh cool, thanks! I haven't heard of that curl cream, I'll give it a try especially if it doesn't build up. Do you use it with a gel/mouse on top? Right now I'm just using the Curls Rock on its own but I think when the humidity hits I'll need some more hold. My hair is crazy thick.

I forgot to ask, which stores have it locally? I found it online but if I can get it around time I'd prefer that. Thanks!

TIGI Curls Rock, [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/MOP-C-Curl-Curl-Defining-Cream-p-918.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=modern-organic-products-csystem-ccurl-curl-defining-cream]Mop-C Curl Defining Cream[/buylink].=: Are these good for 3b/c type ?

I will try getting a sample of these since what I have been trying these past 2 weeks is now non effective.

Greatly appreciate the responses !!! :toothy7:
  • LilahLilah Posts: 916Registered Users
    Oooh...tell me more about mop top C. I've been using and loving Curls Rock for at least 3 years and haven't had any major issues with it. I don't have any build-up problems with it either.

I am trying to get more CG though, I'm just afraid of losing my Curl Rock results:). Where can I find the Mop Top C?? I'd also like to know if you use any other products with it. With Curls Rock, I also use a spray gel.

Thanks!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • curlygreekcurlygreek Posts: 231Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Lilah wrote: »
    Oooh...tell me more about mop top C.

It's actually not Mop Top - c. The product line is MOP (Modern Organic Products) and the C is for their C-system line. You can find it at Bath and Body Works. I actually just bought some, and have been a Curls Rock girl myself. I have yet to find something that is cream based and silicone-free that replicates my Curls Rock results. My hair just seems to respond best when silicones are near :)

I'm currently testing out Halo's curl enhancing creme, but the MOP products will be my experiment on Friday. I'll be sure to let you know if I think it is Curls Rock comparable.

ETA:
    CurlyVee wrote: »

I have 3a with some 3/b underneath. The underside of my hair always turns out great when I use Curls Rock. You don't need much of the product though. I have thick, coarse hair that is about mid-back. I only use 2 pumps MAX... usually about 1.5. Make sure you rub it between your hands before you apply it. I usually smooth/rake mine on in 2 sections. You have to be careful to not get too much on in one spot, because when it dries, it can flake. That tends to happen alot around my front pieces. For me, I just need a pretty thin coat. With most other cream based products, I have to pile it on. Also, if you get too much in one spot, it will dry crunchy, and if you try to scrunch it, that's when the flakes appear.

I had a lot of trial and error when I first started using it trying to figure out the best way to apply it and how much. It does get a little heavy for me with second day hair though. That is the only downside of this product and why I have been looking for something a little different. My second day hair tends to be really clumpy waves, especially if I don't spray it with the Curl Booster.

HTH!
    "The crazy starts deep within and just comes spiraling out the top!" ~ best curly hair quote
    These are TIGI Curl Amplifier ingredients:
    (Aqua) Water, VP/DMAPA Acrylates Copolymer, Cyclomethicone, Polyquaternium-11, Polyquaternium-37, Styrene/Butadiene Copolymer, Fragrance (Parfum), Polysorbate 60, Simmondsia Chinensis Seed Oil (Jojoba), Propylene Glycol Dicaprylate/Dicaprate, Cetearyl Alcohol, PPG-1 Trideceth-6, C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, Helianthus Annuus Oil (Hybrid Sunflower), Panthenol (ProVitamin B5), Bacopa Monniera Extract, PVP/Dimethylaminoethylmethacrylate Copolymer, Cinnamidopropyl Trimethyl Ammonium Chloride, Chitosan, Butylene Glycol, Helianthus Annuus Seed Acid (Sunflower), Methylisothiazolinone, Methylcholoroisothiazolinone

These are for SAMY BIG CURL CREME:

I am no expert myself but the TIGI looks a tad more "coney" to me...either way I have heard good things for both even though they are not exactly CG. Since I got the SAMY today I will let you all know how it went later - Thanks all

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file