CurlTalk

Halle Berry's New Do: Love It or Hate It

/home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fofftherack.people.com%2F2008%2F01%2F23%2Fhalle-berrys-new-do-love-it-or-hate-it%2F" class="Popup

I love it! I would kill for this hair.
Some of the remarks are totally rude though. We have a long way to go I think.
Rather than love, than money, than fame, give me truth. I sat at a table where were rich food and wine in abundance, and obsequious attendance, but sincerity and truth were not;
and I went away hungry from the inhospitable board.
-Henry David Thoreau

Comments

• CurlyinColoradoCurlyinColorado Posts: 3,093Registered Users
    Love it
    2b/3a.
  • curlylew66curlylew66 Posts: 1,685Registered Users
    I'm on the fence. I need to see it from a different angle.
    From that picture angle I don't like it.:sad8:
  • SuburbanbushbabeSuburbanbushbabe Posts: 15,402Registered Users
    Yes, I need to see it from the front. Do you see the henna on her hands? Cool! She looked great in the latest Inside.
    My blog - /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fsuburbanbushbabe.wordpress.com%2F" class="Popup
    My FOTKI - /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fwhatsnew.fotki.com%2Fsuburbanbushbabe%2F" class="Popup
    comic-p.jpg

Playing with my hair is a hobby. Fluffy, fine natural 4a. Goal= Healthy, beautiful hair that retains its length.
    Hear that crash? It's me falling off the CG wagon.
  • mariag002mariag002 Posts: 3,557Registered Users
    I LOVE it. Does this woman ever look bad? I hate her sometimes LOL j/k Its bad enough she is 41 and looks 20, but to look good pregnant too is just unfair.
    - Maria

Big Chop: 9/23/07
    Relaxer free for almost 5 years!

• teshonteshon Posts: 1,127Registered Users
    I'm totally loving this new look. There's also some Halle pics(different views) posted on the 4a boards. Go Halle! She looks Fab!
    3c-4a; Protein Sensitive(forms of wheat, keratin, soy and anything "hydrolyzed"). My hair hates coconut oil and jojoba oil(sometimes).
    /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fphotobucket.com%2Fteshon" class="Popup PW: crazycurls
    Youtube Channel: /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fuser%2Fteshonandfamily" class="Popup
  • shellynotshellynot Posts: 1,140Registered Users
    love it! by the way, it amazes me that some women can look that good while being that pregnant. :wink:
    2c/3a
    curl blog
    curl album

"Your head is like a crown on you.
    It is as beautiful as Mount Carmel.
    Your hair is as smooth as purple silk.
    I am captured by your flowing curls."
    Song of Solomon 7:5 (NIRV)

• msjananimsjanani Posts: 624Registered Users
    Are you serious, she's 41?!?!

I need to see from the front too, but from that photo the bob looks amazing!
    3A low/medium porosity, medium texture

Current products:
    Stylers: HE Tousle Me Softly, Condition 3-in-1 Mousse
    Conditioners: Terax Crema, Mill Creek Botanicals Henna Conditioner
    Cleanser: DevaCurl NoPoo

/home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.flickr.com%2Fphotos%2Ftheevolutionofcurl%2F" class="Popup
  • Yes, Still PaulaYes, Still Paula Posts: 485Registered Users
    Wow, it looks great!
  • curlycaramelcurlycaramel Posts: 472Registered Users
    I'm not sure about it, I don't hate it it looks healthy but a little to "styled" for my liking but it suits her.

ETA: ok I just looked at the 4a board and seeing different shots of it, I actually like it, also it doesn't look so styled in those shots either
    Long thick curls, mix of 3b/3c
  • 2poodles2poodles Posts: 2,480Registered Users
    She always looks amazing!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]2Poodles :flower: Southeast PA
    fine, med porosity, normal elasticity
    Currently using the following 2 - 3 x/week:
    Living Proof Perfect Hair Day suphate-free Poo, cone-free CO and styling treatment, plus KCCC

• lazy loopslazy loops Posts: 8,792Registered Users
    mariag002 wrote: »
    I LOVE it. Does this woman ever look bad? I hate her sometimes LOL j/k Its bad enough she is 41 and looks 20, but to look good pregnant too is just unfair.

I know! SMACK SMACK

I'm 41 & wish I looked half that good.
  • nynaeve77nynaeve77 Posts: 7,135Registered Users
    I think it's adorable! I wish I could wear my hair short like that, but it makes me look like I have chipmunk cheeks. *sigh* It must be nice to be able to do anything with your hair and still lot great!
    "Maybe Lucy's right. Of all the Charlie Browns in the world, you're the Charlie Browniest."--Linus, A Charlie Brown Christmas

My fotki: /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fpublic.fotki.com%2Fnynaeve77%2F" class="Popup
    Password: orphanannie
  • FrizzBgoneFrizzBgone Posts: 2,678Registered Users
    I love her hair. I have never seen her look anything but gorgeous. She also comes across as being a very sincerely nice person when she is interviewed as well.
    Type: 3a fine & dense,with normal porosity, terrible product junkie
    ROUTINE: LI, enhancer, gel, plop with Curlease towel, serum product (either CIAB or Gel-les'c), clip & diffuse.
    Too many favourite products to list ... I finally have my routine that works and alot of products to choose from. My product stash is huge, but well loved !!!
  • legette68legette68 Posts: 216Registered Users
    I love it! She looks great for 41. I think the key is to take good care of yourself. Good for her!
    Thick, coarse 3C hair:coffee:
    BC Feb 2009/ relaxer free since 06/08
    Second time around!

/home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fpublic.fotki.com%2Flegette68" class="Popup
  • multicultcurlymulticultcurly Posts: 5,132Registered Users
    I like it! It reminds me of Old Hollywood glamour. The comments on that page, though, are snotty. Someone said that her hair looks like a nest. It doesn't. I don't see tangles or frizz. I could see if she said it was over the top or reminiscent of Shirley Temple. After all, not all styles are for everyone.
    3b/c, medium-coarse, low porosity, high density
    HG: Jessicurl Too Shea and Kinky Curly Curling Custard
    Shampoo: nonsulfate shampoo and Suave Naturals sulfate shampoo when needed
  • tsjmomtsjmom Posts: 85Registered Users
    HATE IT!!! I never thought I'd say that about anything Halle Berry!
    3a, fine, highlighted, BSL. HGs so far: GF C&S leave in (d/c), Aussie Tizz No Frizz gel, honey, ACV, CK. Searching for a leave in curl cream to replace GF.
  • realisticrealistic Posts: 2,222Registered Users
    I like it! It reminds me of Old Hollywood glamour. The comments on that page, though, are snotty. Someone said that her hair looks like a nest. It doesn't. I don't see tangles or frizz. I could see if she said it was over the top or reminiscent of Shirley Temple. After all, not all styles are for everyone.

I know the only negative thing I can come up with is that she kind of looks like Whitney Houston. Which actually isn't so bad.
    Rather than love, than money, than fame, give me truth. I sat at a table where were rich food and wine in abundance, and obsequious attendance, but sincerity and truth were not;
    and I went away hungry from the inhospitable board.
    -Henry David Thoreau
  • kinihakiniha Posts: 233Registered Users
    I love it! I'd LOVE to have hair like that . . . sigh. Plus, the new bob trend is so cute, and it's great to see it curly.
    2b/3a, fine, "naturally frizzy", non-porous, above shoulders, brunette
    Low-poos--faves are Deva and JC, experimenting with CJ Gentle Cleansing Shampoo
    Conditioners: faves are Devacare One-C, Jessicurl Too Shea
    Leave Ins: Conflicted relationship--no fave
    Fave stylers: Aveda Flax Seed & Aloe over Aveda Phmollient mousse, KCCC over anything, Biolage Firm Hold Gelee (HG for spring/summer), CK

• pinksugarpinksugar Posts: 2,346Registered Users
    I love it!
  • bostonwavesbostonwaves Posts: 727Registered Users
    It's so cute. but you know - she's probably one of the most beautiful women around.
    She's gorgeous no matter how she wears her hair.
    "What's the good of having naturally curly hair if nobody's jealous?" Freida - Peanuts

~CG 8/06 ~
    fine, wavy - 2b/3a
    KCNT and KKCC
  • spiderlashes5000spiderlashes5000 Posts: 17,495Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I love it and I'm very surprised at how many negative responses it received on the blog. (A nest???)

• susancnwsusancnw Posts: 1,366Registered Users
    it's nice and it balances out her belly getting bigger. I adore it when she wears it REALLY short...one of the few women who can do that...emphasizes her eyes and cheekbones.

What has she done in the past 2 yrs? I like her a lot.
    My son wears combat boots (and a parachute). So does my son-in-law.
    The older I get, the less patience I have with cleverness. Thomas Sowell.
    Resolve to perform what you ought. Perform without fail what you resolve. Benjamin Franklin.
    Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first. Mark Twain.

s-event.png

• bitiabitia Posts: 4Registered Users
    I hope that hair is natural
  • BotticelliBabeBotticelliBabe Posts: 1,574Registered Users
    I'm not wild about the style, but that could be the candid photo and the poor angle, too.

The curls and her hair itself, however, I adore. Does that make sense that I like the hair and not the style? :goofy: I'd kill for those curls and the overall health of (what I hope is) her hair.
    BB

35ncsigpic-vi.jpg
    /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.BotticelliBotanicals.etsy.com" class="Popup
    BSL/Mid Back, thick 3a/b

Botticelli Botanicals Meringue
    Botticelli Botanicals Smoothie
    Botticelli Botanicals Styling Mudd w/ double avocado oil and double agave
    Botticelli Botanicals Lime in the Coconut Butter
  • rudeechickrudeechick Posts: 6,726Registered Users
    The hair itself is very pretty and she is the most beautiful women on the planet.

Its not my best look on her, but she still looks great.
    Curls,Coils,Waves & WhatKnot:geek:
    3miii/My HGs tame bulk&frizz/Give definition w/o crunch
    My Photobucket Album
  • SystemSystem Posts: 39,059 Administrator
    I guess I should say I love it because I've had the cut before and my curls look the same...but I don't know because of the camera angle. Anyone see any front shots?
  • cysycacysyca Posts: 362Registered Users
    tsjmom wrote: »
    HATE IT!!! I never thought I'd say that about anything Halle Berry!

...and it looks like a wig!
    Live For Today!
  • KynnibKynnib Posts: 999Registered Users
    i may need to see it from another angle but so far.....im not a fan
    4a hair. MOD CG routine.

Present Loves
    -Back on the (rajasthani) henna train! My hair is so much better now.
    -KBB hair butter mixed with Hairveda Cocasta oil
    -Spiral Solutions Deeply Decadent