CurlTalk

Sulfur Growth Mix...

akilamoniqueakilamonique Posts: 302Registered Users
Yesterday, my sulfur came in and I made my "sulfur growth mix". I used sulfur, castor oil, amla oil and rosemary oil.
Both amla and rosemary oil are suppose to help your hair grow, which is the reason I choose those two oils.
I'm going to post my progress on my fotki page, if you are interested.
ACV Rinse 2-3 times a week
Nature's Gate Biotin Conditioner
Curly Kinks: Satin Root, Coil Jam
Castor oil on scalp

Comments

• Flower princessFlower princess Posts: 608Registered Users
    That's great!I wanna see the progress:)
    All Hair is Good Hair!

It's Not What's ON Your Head, But What's IN Your Head!

Please join/follow my new blog /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fvividthoughtsofglory.blogspot.com%2F" class="Popup
  • SuburbanbushbabeSuburbanbushbabe Posts: 15,402Registered Users
    Yes, I would love to see your progress. I gave up on using sulfur, just because I couldn't tell if it did anything for me. I hope it works for you. Lots of women swear by it.
    My blog - /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fsuburbanbushbabe.wordpress.com%2F" class="Popup
    My FOTKI - /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fwhatsnew.fotki.com%2Fsuburbanbushbabe%2F" class="Popup
    comic-p.jpg

Playing with my hair is a hobby. Fluffy, fine natural 4a. Goal= Healthy, beautiful hair that retains its length.
    Hear that crash? It's me falling off the CG wagon.
  • CurlyMireyaCurlyMireya Banned Posts: 956Banned Users
    Do you leave this on your hair and/or scalp, or use it as a treatment? I think my UltraNourishair contains sulfur, but I'm not sure.
    "I'm half Hispanic, half white, and look like an Indian." - Bill Richardson
  • akilamoniqueakilamonique Posts: 302Registered Users
    Do you leave this on your hair and/or scalp, or use it as a treatment? I think my UltraNourishair contains sulfur, but I'm not sure.

I leave it in overnight, and I take the Hair Nourish vitamins as well.
    Castor oil on scalp
  • CurlyMireyaCurlyMireya Banned Posts: 956Banned Users

Interesting. Do you feel like the vitamins are helping? I've been taking mine for over 2 months now, and my hair seems to be growing more slowly than normal. I know, patience is the key, but from the drugstore.com reviews and reviews I've seen here on UN, I was expecting something. I know it's been cold here, but I don't remember cold weather having this much effect on my hair. Even the hair on my body is growing slowly. If I don't shave my underarms for 2 days, typically they are HAIRY. I went 2 days last week w/o shaving them, and there was barely a stubble. Weird. I'm sticking with the vitamins, but so far, I'm not jazzed.
    "I'm half Hispanic, half white, and look like an Indian." - Bill Richardson

Interesting. Do you feel like the vitamins are helping? I've been taking mine for over 2 months now, and my hair seems to be growing more slowly than normal. I know, patience is the key, but from the drugstore.com reviews and reviews I've seen here on UN, I was expecting something. I know it's been cold here, but I don't remember cold weather having this much effect on my hair. Even the hair on my body is growing slowly. If I don't shave my underarms for 2 days, typically they are HAIRY. I went 2 days last week w/o shaving them, and there was barely a stubble. Weird. I'm sticking with the vitamins, but so far, I'm not jazzed.

Somewhere on another post I said my hair had grown 1/2 and inch in like a week and a half. I wasn't sure if my husband and I measured wrong the first time, or if it actually grew. I can def. see the diff. in my nails they are growing like crazy. I started my sulfur this week as well.
    As of now, wether it be the sulfur or the vit. my hair is thicker, and is half an inch longer.
    Castor oil on scalp
  • mariag002mariag002 Posts: 3,557Registered Users
    What's sulfur? Is that a pill, cream, or oil?
    BTW how can you stand the smell of Amla?
    - Maria

Big Chop: 9/23/07
    Relaxer free for almost 5 years!

mariag002 wrote: »
    it's an oil that cleanses you scalp of any fungal bacteria that may be clogging up your hair follicles and lets the real growth come through.For the amla you can try mixing a fragrance oil into it i don't think there's another way of hiding the smell
    All Hair is Good Hair!

Please join/follow my new blog /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fvividthoughtsofglory.blogspot.com%2F" class="Popup
    it's an oil that cleanses you scalp of any fungal bacteria that may be clogging up your hair follicles and lets the real growth come through.For the amla you can try mixing a fragrance oil into it i don't think there's another way of hiding the smell

Flower of Sulfur or Sublimed Sulfur can be purchased from your pharmacy. You may have to ask the pharmacist to order it for you. As in my case.
    As for the Amla, I think i'm the odd ball of the bunch because I actually didn't find the smell offensive.
    It reminds of of pachouli, sandlewood or cedarwood all scents that I like. If you don't like those scents then you probably can't tolerate the Amla.
    Castor oil on scalp

Flower of Sulfur or Sublimed Sulfur can be purchased from your pharmacy. You may have to ask the pharmacist to order it for you. As in my case.
    As for the Amla, I think i'm the odd ball of the bunch because I actually didn't find the smell offensive.
    It reminds of of pachouli, sandlewood or cedarwood all scents that I like. If you don't like those scents then you probably can't tolerate the Amla.

Do you need doctors prescription to buy the sulfur?And how does the oil feel on your scalp?
    All Hair is Good Hair!

Do you need doctors prescription to buy the sulfur?And how does the oil feel on your scalp?

No script needed. The sulfur is just a powder. As the recipie was given to me you need mix the sulfur with 4oz of oil. Let me see if I can find the original post as it was given to me.
    Castor oil on scalp

No script needed. The sulfur is just a powder. As the recipie was given to me you need mix the sulfur with 4oz of oil. Let me see if I can find the original post as it was given to me.

Oh!Don't worry i know where to find it cause I'm the one who gave you the recipe :)
    All Hair is Good Hair!

Oh!Don't worry i know where to find it cause I'm the one who gave you the recipe :)

DUH!!! I didn't even realize it!! Well Good, because I can't find the original post where you sent me the link!
    Good thing it's easy to remember.
    Castor oil on scalp
    :wink:
    All Hair is Good Hair!

I posted a new pic. What do you think? I haven't measured it yet(I will next week) but my hair does seem longer and thicker to me. Who knows! I'll keep applying it until this bottle is gone.
    Castor oil on scalp
    From what i can see i think it's growing..but if you measure it I'll be more sure.You have a nice avatar :compress:
    All Hair is Good Hair!

From what i can see i think it's growing..but if you measure it I'll be more sure.You have a nice avatar :compress:

Thanks! That's my little cutie, curly boy!
    Castor oil on scalp
  • Mo_Gemini22Mo_Gemini22 Posts: 485Registered Users
    Yesterday, my sulfur came in and I made my "sulfur growth mix". I used sulfur, castor oil, amla oil and rosemary oil.
    Both amla and rosemary oil are suppose to help your hair grow, which is the reason I choose those two oils.
    I'm going to post my progress on my fotki page, if you are interested.

Qhemet has a Herbs & Sulfur Medicininal Pomade and an Amala Oil Pomade. Have you or anyone else tried these?
    Last relaxer - July 07
    BC - 8/2/08
    4B headband-holic
    Products in rotation (too many!):
    Shampoo - Giovanni Smooth as Silk, Giovanni Tea Tree
    Condish - Giovanni Smooth as Silk, Trader Joe Nourish Spa
    Leave in - Sheamoisture Curl Milk, KCNT, Giovanni Direct
    Deep Treatment - Apoghee Two Step Protein Treatment, Giovanni Nutrafix
    Moisturizers - Carefree Curl Gold Spray
    Stylers - Sheamoisture Curl Smoothie
    Is it so hard to make cause the cautions are a little scary!Ex.wear gloves,mask,goggles :laughing7: etc cause it can burn your skin. Did you follow all these or you just wore gloves?And how does it feel on your scalp.
    All Hair is Good Hair!

Is it so hard to make cause the cautions are a little scary!Ex.wear gloves,mask,goggles :laughing7: etc cause it can burn your skin. Did you follow all these or you just wore gloves?And how does it feel on your scalp.

I actually am allergic to medications that have sulfur in them so I didn't know if working with actual sulfur would be different. Either way no, I didn't follow the safety precautions, I shouldn't say that, I did make sure I didn't inhale it, and I did make sure I didn't get it all over the place so my son and dogs didn't get ahold of it.

I made a less stinky batch last night I actually did spill some on my hands this time and yes I did have a mild allergic reaction. My hands just itched for about half and hour.
    Castor oil on scalp
    Thanks for the answer;)
    All Hair is Good Hair!

I didn't apply the sulfur as often as I should. Last wee was crazy, but here are updated pics that I took this morning. I will measure this weekend.
    Castor oil on scalp
    I didn't apply the sulfur as often as I should. Last wee was crazy, but here are updated pics that I took this morning. I will measure this weekend.
    That's nice your curls look ore define in this picture than the other:)Are you a member of nappturality coz i think i saw you there :toothy7:
    All Hair is Good Hair!

That's nice your curls look ore define in this picture than the other:)Are you a member of nappturality coz i think i saw you there :toothy7:

You did see me there!
    Castor oil on scalp
  • spiderlashes5000spiderlashes5000 Posts: 17,495Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I'm not following. What is meant by "fungal bacteria?" Fungus and bacteria are two different things. And why would anyone have fungus or bacteria on her head (I mean, more than the normal healthy bacteria we all have)?

Ok, I think the sulfur is making a difference, but the past couple of days I noticed that my t-zone is very dry, so I may have to stop using the sulfur so often. I've heard about something called surge 14 revitalizer, but I can't seem to find anywhere to purchase it.

Anyone else have any growth ideas? I really want that afro puff by May!!!

Oh, and don't say Wild Growth Oil. Makes my scalp itch(even after clarifying, more than once)
    Castor oil on scalp
    Ok, First of all, I will give a length update(sorry no, pic- something is wrong with my comp. they won't upload, going to the Apple store, genius bar today)

My starting length was 2 1/2, as of this morning my hair is 4in, strentched.:occasion7:

Now for the problem. The sulfur is drying out my face, so I am going to stop using the sulfur and switch to an Amla concoction that I will start tonight. I will post what I use in that concoction and the results as well, so we can see if that really works too!
    Castor oil on scalp
    Ok, First of all, I will give a length update(sorry no, pic- something is wrong with my comp. they won't upload, going to the Apple store, genius bar today)

My starting length was 2 1/2, as of this morning my hair is 4in, strentched.:occasion7:

Now for the problem. The sulfur is drying out my face, so I am going to stop using the sulfur and switch to an Amla concoction that I will start tonight. I will post what I use in that concoction and the results as well, so we can see if that really works too!
    Wow that's great!In how many weeks?
    All Hair is Good Hair!

• SuburbanbushbabeSuburbanbushbabe Posts: 15,402Registered Users
    Some people are allergic to sulfur. And it is drying.
    My blog - /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fsuburbanbushbabe.wordpress.com%2F" class="Popup
    My FOTKI - /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fwhatsnew.fotki.com%2Fsuburbanbushbabe%2F" class="Popup
    comic-p.jpg

Playing with my hair is a hobby. Fluffy, fine natural 4a. Goal= Healthy, beautiful hair that retains its length.
    Hear that crash? It's me falling off the CG wagon.
    Castor oil on scalp