We’d like your help getting CurlTalk back on its feet!

By participating on CurlTalk — posting, commenting, liking — in the next few weeks, you will automatically be entered to win amazing prizes.

Our latest winner is Savagegirl!

CurlyCanadian, Bomega and EllaJ have also won wonderful prizes! Will you be next? Post, like, comment, GET ACTIVE and help us get CurlTalk ENERGIZED again!

Learn more!

New & Confused

SunRae84SunRae84 Posts: 71Registered Users
Hello! I'm a 23 year old Canadian born and bred girl that is confused about my own HEAD! My ethnic background varies widely although I consider myself black. Both my parents were born in JAMAICA.

I'm confused about my hair because I'm only getting "hair-conscious" now! For years, my family would tell me what should or shouldn't be with my hair...what looked good or bad TO THEM! I was talked into putting relaxers and texturizers in my hair because I was told that "the longer the hair the more beautiful". In an attempt to do "my own thing" with my hair, I died it colors ranging from red to copper brown. My hair is majorly damaged right now.

I've been transitioning for a little over a year now and have about 4 inches of texturized hair at the ends. I'm scared to cut it all off because I've always had long hair my whole life. I honestly hate my hair in this state and the only "style" it's in (if u wanna call it that) is in a low bun. I'm not even sure what hair type I have, which is frustrating.

This site has helped so I look forward to coming out of this confusion and start loving my hair.

SUNRAE :)
/home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fs400.photobucket.com%2Falbums%2Fpp84%2FSunRae84%2F" class="Popup

LAST RELAXER: December 2006 -
TRANSITIONED FOR: 1 year & 3 months -
BC: March 28th, 2008
NATURAL TEXTURE: 4a with some random 3c

Comments

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file