POLL: Is three a crowd in this instance

Rastacurl RevisitedRastacurl Revisited Posts: 104Registered Users
I have two adorable cats, both are kittens, under a year old. I am longing for a third kitten and have been offered one that's 8 weeks old. I have a large apartment that can easily fit three furbabies. But is three a crowd? my 2 current cats love each other and are the best of friends. Would a third cat likely undermine the harmony or add to the fun? All cats are girls.
Supernappy, superbad, "when are you gonna put a relaxer up in that mess?"shrinking breaking TYPE 5 hair that - against all the odds - is growing quite long :)
Failed to load the poll.
Failed to load the poll.

Comments

• B-wavyB-wavy Posts: 1,733Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Ha, I was just egging you on to get a third cat on your other thread, so I voted Yeah! There's just no predicting how they will react to each other, but if you are "longing" for a third cat, I'd say to go for it. And one of my skazillion cat books has some really good advice on very specific things that you can do to introduce a new cat to the others -- I can look it up & pm you with the info if you'd like. :D
  • three rivers curlythree rivers curly Posts: 994Registered Users
    Keep 'em coming - you could be the crazy lady in your neighborhood with 30 cats by the time you're done! :lol:
    Better everyone think your a fool, than to open your mouth and prove them right.

Perception is not reality.

http://public.fotki.com/hmiklos
  • Rastacurl RevisitedRastacurl Revisited Posts: 104Registered Users
    Keep 'em coming - you could be the crazy lady in your neighborhood with 30 cats by the time you're done! :lol:

Haha.
    Supernappy, superbad, "when are you gonna put a relaxer up in that mess?"shrinking breaking TYPE 5 hair that - against all the odds - is growing quite long :)
  • MarMar Posts: 3,004Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Your babies are young,they'll welcome a new girlfriend.
    I say go for it (we had 5 at one time...)
    "what's so funny 'bout peace, love and understanding?"

"If you judge people,you have no time to love them"
    -Mother Theresa
    couldn't make up my mind whether to adopt another cat or not......so I just adopted 12 new cats instead.
    :shock:

:P :P :P :P :P
    B-wavy wrote:
    :shock:

:P :P :P :P :P

:lol:
  • three rivers curlythree rivers curly Posts: 994Registered Users
    rastacurl wrote:
    couldn't make up my mind whether to adopt another cat or not......so I just adopted 12 new cats instead.

Wow! That is impressive! :lol: Way to take a goal and run with it! :lol:

Seriously - are your current kitties male or female? What is the new kitten? I have never had more than one cat at a time, so I don't really know how multiples do togethr - I have heard good and bad. Are your current kitties older and set in their ways?
    Better everyone think your a fool, than to open your mouth and prove them right.

Perception is not reality.

http://public.fotki.com/hmiklos
  • SystemSystem Posts: 39,059 Administrator
    I have 5 so I say go for it. To me 3 ain't a crowd. I can mail Tardy to you if you want him. He is 5 months and is fixed and has all his shots. :wink:
    rastacurl, I woke up thinking about your dilemma this morning! My big cat (12+ lbs) was laying across my feet grooming herself, while my little-bitty cat (5 lbs) had parked herself on my chest so her daddy, who was already awake, could scratch her head. My first thought was "Aw, how cute....rastacurl needs to get that other kitten!" But really, I guess it depends on where you are in your life, whether you want to spend the time integrating another cat into the fold, etc., etc.

Just keep us posted please.....this is a fun thread. :lol:
    B-wavy wrote:
    rastacurl, I woke up thinking about your dilemma this morning! My big cat (12+ lbs) was laying across my feet grooming herself, while my little-bitty cat (5 lbs) had parked herself on my chest so her daddy, who was already awake, could scratch her head. My first thought was "Aw, how cute....rastacurl needs to get that other kitten!" But really, I guess it depends on where you are in your life, whether you want to spend the time integrating another cat into the fold, etc., etc.

Just keep us posted please.....this is a fun thread. :lol:

awww! How cute that you thought of me. There is something so rewarding about raising them from kittenhood and watching them grow up into confident adult cats. But if I indulge my desire to get another kitten, when will it stop? Will I wind up getting another kitten each time my current kitten grows up? Maybe I'll have 20 or more cats eventually. :lol:
    Here's my new baby. I'm picking her up shortly :D

gorgeous.jpg
  • SuZenSuZen Posts: 1,595Registered Users
    Awww, so cute!

Since the cats you have are pretty young, you will probably do fine introducing another kitten.
    rastacurl wrote:
    Here's my new baby. I'm picking her up shortly :D

gorgeous.jpg

yippee, and congratulations!!! :D
  • geminigemini Posts: 3,325Registered Users
    Yay! I love cats--we had 3 for awhile too. Be prepared for people to look at you funny if you say you have 3 cats. For some reason, I found that most (non-cat) people thought two was acceptable, but having 3 was crossing over into "crazy cat person" territory. :P Since your other 2 are still fairly young, I'm sure they'll adjust just fine.

ETA: I can't go to shelters because it always makes me want to get another kitty. :(
  • NetGNetG Posts: 8,116Registered Users
    B-wavy wrote:
    rastacurl, I woke up thinking about your dilemma this morning!
    awww! How cute that you thought of me.

I'm so confused....
    The pews never miss a sermon but that doesn't get them one step closer to Heaven.
    -Speckla

But at least the pews never attend yoga!
  • Swirlycurly ChemistSwirlycurly Chemist Posts: 335Registered Users
    NetG - Me too! I was like, when was TSP outed as being Rastacurl...? And if so, wouldn't that make her pretty deranged, as she sort of argues with herself on her own threads? someone please explain :)
    3A canopy with 3B underneath
    Low poo, not afraid of amine-based silicones or polyquats, silk proteins are good as well.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file