Any advice? :(

sherizzsherizz Posts: 29Registered Users
Hi

I have a bad skin problem, I have acne and acne scars (this recently happend to me due of stress and not feeling well sometimes) I now use Exuviance (I changed from Dermalogica coz i didnt feel they where helping me) Im on my second day and so far I like how Exuviance feel.

But I need something to cover up my blemish from acne scars and red aggressive pimples! I know there are A LOT of concealers out there but Im only looking for once that doesnt make my skin feel worser. I have coverblend (which is also nice for acne skin) but there are only three colors and non fits me :( (In sweden I only find three)

Do u know any more brands that are good for skin and covers well?

Comments

• three rivers curlythree rivers curly Posts: 994Registered Users
    I have been using one by Clean and Clear. It is a liquid in a twist up tube that has an applicator that is slanted so you can either apply it directly to the face if you like. It is medicated, but not drying. I use it on existing pimples as well as scars. If you can't find it where you are, you make want to look at www.drugstore.com - Although I am not entirely sure that they ship outside the US. Good luck!
    Better everyone think your a fool, than to open your mouth and prove them right.

Perception is not reality.

http://public.fotki.com/hmiklos
  • rouquinnerouquinne Posts: 13,734Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    is L'Oreal True Match available in Sweden?

it comes in a wide range of shades and you can build up the foundation where you need it to hide blemishes.

otherwise, i always recommend MAC!

:D
    My blog:

http://labellatestarossa.blogspot.ca/

Little Mother of all the Roaches, President-for-Life of the MAC Harlots!
  • stars629stars629 Posts: 84Registered Users
    i have mild rosacea/dark spots of acne on my face, and prescriptives virtual matte foundation works like a dream for me. before all you can see is blotchiness and after my skin looks so perfect and feels silky too... try it out!!
    3a

Faves: Deva One C, Spiral Curls Cream, NECL, Aura Hypoallergenic, Curl Junkie, Jessicurl
    B&A Gel + AG Recoil + CurlKeeper
  • sherizzsherizz Posts: 29Registered Users
    stars629 wrote:
    i have mild rosacea/dark spots of acne on my face, and prescriptives virtual matte foundation works like a dream for me. before all you can see is blotchiness and after my skin looks so perfect and feels silky too... try it out!!

where can i find that? is it medicated?
  • JerseyCurlJerseyCurl Posts: 945Registered Users
    Hi, I would go to a book store or library and get "Don't Go to the Cosmetics Counter Without Me", 6th Edition by Paula Begoun. I use to have horrific skin but after reading her books I have found out what products work for me and my skin and now I don't have bad skin. Here is a link to her site: http://www.cosmeticscop.com/default.asp
    "Wonder Twin Powers, Activate! "
  • RednaturalcurlsRednaturalcurls Posts: 1,814Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Prescriptives is not medicated. It's a higher end makeup in department stores. If you can't find it there, they have a website www.prescriptives.com

I use some of their stuff. It's very good although I have not tried the Virtual Matte foundation.
    Hair Type: mix of 3's, growing out an angled bob, color-treated red.
    Current products: GVP conditioning balm for co-wash and leave in, Curl Junkie Curls in a Bottle, Pattern Pusha and Garnier Anti-humidity hairspray
    Hair idol: Kimberly Schlapman from Little Big Town
    Nordstrom.com, sephora.com, department stores, prescriptives.com, ebay, etc. :D
    3a

Faves: Deva One C, Spiral Curls Cream, NECL, Aura Hypoallergenic, Curl Junkie, Jessicurl
  • lafeistlafeist Posts: 72Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    I use a line called skinrxclinic at skinrxclinic.com. I finally dont' break out and my skin looks great! You can only get it online and their customer service isn't the greatest (hard to contact). But, I have never had a problem with orders/products. They are a skincare and mineral makeup company.
    Mostly 3B with some 3C. Faves :Sap Moss co and a weekly Sap Moss shampoo.
  • sandradeesandradee Posts: 55Registered Users
    I order my skin care online as well. I've only had one problem with ordering online when the shipping got delayed. It's worth it for me though. I like the tinted moisturizers now. They work really nice and keep your skin hydrated. When you worry about your face aging like I do, it's good to find something that does it's job without having to worry about it.
  • mayimmayim Posts: 2,301Registered Users
    I'm really liking Aveda stuff for a similar issue right now.

I use the tinted moisturizer and set it with a little of the the dual base minus oil using a powder brush (this adds a little more coverage, but still a very natural look.)

ETA: The Aveda stuff is all oil-free and non-comedegenic. It really helps my skin. It also has SPF which helps if you have some hyper-pigmentation issues from healing blemishes, which I do.

HTH!

M
    coarse, thick 3a
    modified cg

weight.png

ahhh, aveda completely broke me out! it has all these irritating essential oils (even though they SAY oil free, etc) and it's really expensive.. check out paula begoun's advice - the cosmetic's cop
    3a

There is a difference between essential oils and comedogenic oils.

I have heard people break out from Aveda because they are sensitive to the botanicals in their products.

I've never once had a breakout from any Aveda product. On the contrary, Aveda skincare has entirely cleared up my problematic skin in a very short time!

I'm very non-sensitive though ...

M
    coarse, thick 3a
    modified cg

weight.png

yeah, even those dove "essential oil/nutrient" cleansers break me out :/ i really wanted to like aveda, the all natural stuff, but it did not work well with my skin- problematic and sensitive, hehe
    3a

stars629 wrote:
    yeah, even those dove "essential oil/nutrient" cleansers break me out :/ i really wanted to like aveda, the all natural stuff, but it did not work well with my skin- problematic and sensitive, hehe

bummer :(
    coarse, thick 3a
    modified cg

weight.png

mayim,

I know I said I don't like aveda stuff but I did try the tourmaline charged radiance masque and it was awesome! i have put it on hold for a while though as i am trying to figure out the cause of my recent breakouts, but seriously hoping it wasn't this masque. it was recommended in O magazine and had great reviews everywhere so I had to try it..

have you tried it??
    3a

I haven't tried the Radiance Masque - but I am using some of the other Tourmaline Charged things - I love the Protecting Lotion, and I recently got a sample of the Radiance Fluid which I am trying out. So far I love it to pieces.

I have been using the Intensive Hydrating Masque too - good good stuff!

None of it has caused me to break out. I've been using the moisturizer for several weeks now. My skin has actually cleared up with this stuff!

M
    coarse, thick 3a
    modified cg

weight.png

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file