We’d like your help getting CurlTalk back on its feet!

By participating on CurlTalk — posting, commenting, liking — in the next few weeks, you will automatically be entered to win amazing prizes.

Our latest winner is Savagegirl!

CurlyCanadian, Bomega and EllaJ have also won wonderful prizes! Will you be next? Post, like, comment, GET ACTIVE and help us get CurlTalk ENERGIZED again!

Learn more!

Dominican Products

msjokermsjoker Posts: 1,658Registered Users
Are these good products?
"It moisturizes my situation... preserves my sexy."

Comments

• blaqpearlblaqpearl Posts: 310Registered Users
    Some are good. I used to use the deep conditioners. I especially like the avocado ones. Some I dont use because they dont have the ingredients listed.

I was in Miami last weekend and I passed a Dominican beauty supply store. I didnt even think to go in. I should have though. Oh well next time.
    I have kinks, coils and curls on this head.
    Certified PJ. I need rehab.
    Hair Album
    Last update 1/1/07
  • msjokermsjoker Posts: 1,658Registered Users
    Thanks Blaqpearl! :D
    "It moisturizes my situation... preserves my sexy."
  • niclarniclar Posts: 110Registered Users
    I keep hearing alot about them...havent tried any yet
    /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fpublic.fotki.com%2Fnicolelarri%2F2008%2F" class="Popup

PW: lovely
    Natural 4a/some 4b type hair, Thin, cottony coffee straw coils

Thought I found my HG (KKCC)..its good but Im sure there's better:wink:

Curls Milkshake current leave in, Fantasia IC w/Olive Oil gel for smoothing/shine, Curls Goddess Glaze for Twist/Braid outs.
  • foxycus02foxycus02 Posts: 918Registered Users
    Im dominican and alot of people swear by them. A very popular one is 10 en 1. They tend to be real thick and creamy in consistency. My mom always told me not to use ordinary conditioners because theyre for "good" hair and that our conditioners are for coarser tropicalized hair. Dominicans tend to have tightest curls as opposed to looser waves of the other Latina women.

rockin' to the tune of her own beat...

comic-p.jpg
  • blaqpearlblaqpearl Posts: 310Registered Users
    The last time I went to Dominican Republic I bought deep conditioners as well as some styling products. While the conditioners were good, the styling products felt horrible in my hair. I wasnt natural back then, but I am sure there are silicones and mineral oil in some of the products. I cant wait to go again and buy more stuff. Now I know alot more and I will be able to buy better products. I hope I find that avocado condish that I loved so much.
    I have kinks, coils and curls on this head.
    Certified PJ. I need rehab.
    Hair Album
    Last update 1/1/07

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file