CurlTalk

PMS and Shedding

Just because I'm curious...

Does anyone else notice that they shed like crazy during the week of their menstrual period? I feel like I'm going bald during those weeks because I'll brush out a good handful of hair!

Just wondering if it's just me, or if anyone else has that problem, lol.
---
3A and 3B hybrid! Oh no!

Comments

• FrizzBgoneFrizzBgone Posts: 2,678Registered Users
    Now that you mention it, I do shed a bit more just prior to my period starting. I lost a ton of hair after I had my daughter ... actually had a receding hair line ... thankfully I have a ton of hair and it was long enough that you couldn't see it. It didn't take that long to grow back.

Gotta love the hormones eh
    Type: 3a fine & dense,with normal porosity, terrible product junkie
    ROUTINE: LI, enhancer, gel, plop with Curlease towel, serum product (either CIAB or Gel-les'c), clip & diffuse.
    Too many favourite products to list ... I finally have my routine that works and alot of products to choose from. My product stash is huge, but well loved !!!
  • SystemSystem Posts: 39,059 Administrator
    Yeah, hormonal fluctuations can cause a little more hear shedding. Are you on any type of birth control? I used to shed a little more when I started a new pack after my period.

Speckla
  • nynaeve77nynaeve77 Posts: 7,135Registered Users
    Most definitely. I feel like it's coming out by the handfuls during that week. Ugh.
    "Maybe Lucy's right. Of all the Charlie Browns in the world, you're the Charlie Browniest."--Linus, A Charlie Brown Christmas

My fotki: /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fpublic.fotki.com%2Fnynaeve77%2F" class="Popup
    Password: orphanannie