Do you carry a grudge from thread to thread?

Comments

• ScaryCurlScaryCurl Registered Users Posts: 138
    Mar wrote:
    If someone really rubs me the wrong way,I don't reply to thier posts.

Wouldn't that, in a sense, be holding a grudge? That's what I meant in my post. I personally consider myself holding a grudge if they have insulted me in the past and I no longer reply to them. JMO though.
    Hair type: 3C. Favorite products for the moment: CONDITIONER: Elucence MBC, LEAVE-IN COND: Curls Rock. CURL ENHANCER: Frederic Fekkai Luscious Curls. GEL: Ouidad Climate Control (HG), FINISHING: Frederic Fekkai Glossing Creme.
  • CherishCherish Registered Users Posts: 1,847
    ScaryCurl wrote:
    Mar wrote:
    If someone really rubs me the wrong way,I don't reply to thier posts.

Wouldn't that, in a sense, be holding a grudge? That's what I meant in my post. I personally consider myself holding a grudge if they have insulted me in the past and I no longer reply to them. JMO though.

I would call it letting those posts and threads carry on in peace.
    Definitions of grudge on the Web:
      stew: bear a grudge; harbor ill feelings
      accept or admit unwillingly
      a resentment strong enough to justify retaliation ; "holding a grudge"; "settling a score"

Also, people often post advice to the effect "if you don't like a post or thread, don't read it or reply to it". There are enough ongoing convos that that would be easy to accomplish.
    • ScaryCurlScaryCurl Registered Users Posts: 138
      Thanks for clarifying that. I guess I don't hold grudges here or in RL then. :wink:
      Hair type: 3C. Favorite products for the moment: CONDITIONER: Elucence MBC, LEAVE-IN COND: Curls Rock. CURL ENHANCER: Frederic Fekkai Luscious Curls. GEL: Ouidad Climate Control (HG), FINISHING: Frederic Fekkai Glossing Creme.
    • NetGNetG Registered Users Posts: 8,116
      I'm kind of a combination of what people have said.

I have a garbage memory, so in general I don't remember the things that have irritated me, or who said them. Just disagreement doesn't irritate me, either. It's only nastiness that does, and I know I've been nasty for no good reason in the past, so it's not worth holding onto. If there's enough of a pattern that I remember "that poster is repeatedly nasty" I will stay away from certain posters in controversial topics, unless I find that person is again attacking someone, in which case I may say something. In general, if people attack me, I just blow it off, because I honestly don't care enough about anyone who has to go online to cybersnip for it to affect me. I thought the group who decided to go attack me on a different message board were just flat out hilarious, and was glad it wasn't someone who actually would have gotten upset.
      The pews never miss a sermon but that doesn't get them one step closer to Heaven.
      -Speckla

But at least the pews never attend yoga!
    • msjokermsjoker Registered Users Posts: 1,658
      I don't have a grudge against anybody....I've seen the movie :lol:
      "It moisturizes my situation... preserves my sexy."
    • M2LRM2LR Registered Users Posts: 8,630 Curl Connoisseur
      mazey wrote:
      I don’t hold a grudge, but there have been people that are just such morons, it is hard to forget that every time you see them post. So it isn’t a grudge I hold, more the remembrance that they are an idiot.

Yup.
      :rambo:
    • SaKkehSaKkeh Registered Users Posts: 986
      Poodlehead wrote:
      If someone pisses you off in a thread, do you tend to be mad at them in other threads where you see them, or are you able to brush it off and view their posts without the baggage of history?

Or course not, are you maddd?????
    • PoodleheadPoodlehead Registered Users Posts: 6,959
      I'm actually surprised by how many "yes" votes there are...
      Minneapolis, MN
    • CherishCherish Registered Users Posts: 1,847
      Poodlehead wrote:
      I'm actually surprised by how many "yes" votes there are...

Even with all the catfights on here?
    • geekygeeky Registered Users Posts: 4,995
      mazey wrote:
      I don’t hold a grudge, but there have been people that are just such morons, it is hard to forget that every time you see them post. So it isn’t a grudge I hold, more the remembrance that they are an idiot.

Exactly
      To Trenell, MizKerri and geeky:
      I pray none of you ever has to live in a communist state.

Geeky is my hero. She's the true badass. The badass who doesn't even need to be a badass. There aren't enough O's in cool to describe her.
    • Swirlycurly ChemistSwirlycurly Chemist Registered Users Posts: 335
      I don't have that problem on this board too much, or maybe I just haven't been offended by anyone yet, but there are other boards I go to where certain posters just make me cringe when I see their name.
      3A canopy with 3B underneath
      Low poo, not afraid of amine-based silicones or polyquats, silk proteins are good as well.
    • gekko422gekko422 Registered Users Posts: 4,869 Curl Connoisseur
      Totally, currently I am stalking Geeky, Mazey, Mar, Spring1onu, Springy, Decurlo, and a couple others. I will make you SEE MY WAY!!!!!
      Democracy is not a spectator sport.

You know why pandas are endangered? Cause pandas ain't got no game.

Jesus loves you, but I'm his favorite.
    • mandyvmandyv Registered Users Posts: 2,437 Curl Connoisseur
      WTF are you talking about? I like that option :)

I don't carry a grudge since a poster I used to quarrel with constantly got banned a couple of years ago.
      3c
      Poo: KBB shampoo bar or Shikai moisturizing shampoo
      CoWash: VO5 kiwi
      Cond: Robert Craig, Tresemme Natural, or Fekkai Shea Butter
      Leave in/Styling: Grapeseed oil, KBB milk, KCCC, and Aveda Confixor
    • Lydyybuggin76Lydyybuggin76 Registered Users Posts: 219
      I don't carry grudges. I realize that people disagree with me from time to time. But really, its not that serious to get po'd enough to carry it w/ you. 8)
      Here lies Jan Smith, wife of Thomas Smith, marble cutter. This monument was erected by her husband as a tribute to her memory and a specimen of his work. Monuments of this same style are two hundred and fifty dollars.
      -Gravestone Inscription
    • 2happy2happy Registered Users Posts: 5,138
      Nah. I don't even pay attention to who wrote what half the time. If after constantly seeing the same person acting a particular way in thread after thread, I tend to start remembering them then. For instance, I had probably read 50 posts of Castellas before I realized that lady cracks me up alllll the time. I now expect it from her and am rather disappointed if she doesn't make me pee a little when I read her post. :tongue5:
      Handle every stressful situation like a dog. If you can't eat it or hump it.....Piss on it and walk away.
      Location - WI
    • rainshowerrainshower Registered Users Posts: 4,420
      Poodlehead wrote: »
      If someone pisses you off in a thread, do you tend to be mad at them in other threads where you see them, or are you able to brush it off and view their posts without the baggage of history?

i avoid certain posters and/or threads because of their history of attacking others, particular when the topics are about certain subject matters that get them easily riled. if that's considered holding a grudge, i guess i'm guilty of it.
      "Dogs stink too, but I like dog stink." ~ rileyb
    • younggrasshopperyounggrasshopper Registered Users Posts: 422
      Some people said that holding "grudges" takes too much energy. For me, having the same arguments or freaking out about the same stuff expends too much energy (think about the race and religion threads that show up on the board all the time).

I voted "yes" because there are some posters I tend to ignore based on general patterns or attitudes I see in posts. Or maybe I have grudges against TOPICS, rather than people...it just tends to be the same people each time? I wouldn't call it a grudge, but yeah, their posts in the past affect how I feel about them in the future...just like in real like- my experiences with a person in the past will affect future interactions. I don't hate them or have resentful feelings...so I guess we determined it isn't a grudge. I am just too lazy to participate in the drama. I like reading it though :)
      HCC + Kenra Condish + Biotera Gel and Leave In + diffusing = beautiful 3A spirals :)
    • KindredGhost1983KindredGhost1983 Registered Users Posts: 1,187
      Sometimes.

It annoys me when someone goes out of their way to be snarky and rude to me in one thread, then pretends to give me kudos in another. Like it's some form of redemption or to save face. Uh yea, what was that you said to me a couple hours ago?? LOL
      Curlies add me on myspace!

www.myspace.com/agilruth
    • SpiceCurlsSpiceCurls Registered Users Posts: 501
      such a cute question, I think
      I'll tell ya what I want...what I really really want.
    • MeghuneyMeghuney Registered Users Posts: 4,263
      Ummm, not really. There is someone who goes SO far being rude and spiteful that I would rather not talk to them in any thread, in any way. But I really don't think there is anyone else. A few obvious nutballs that I simply avoid...
    • PeppyPeppy Registered Users Posts: 3,290
      I don't know if I would call it a grudge. But it's hard not to notice when someone is constantly rude and condescending.
    • iris427iris427 Registered Users Posts: 6,002
      Peppy wrote: »
      I don't know if I would call it a grudge. But it's hard not to notice when someone is constantly rude and condescending.

I agree. If I don't like what someone said in one thread, I try not to carry it into other threads. But posters have definite personalities and I do think it affects how I might engage them on other threads, for good and bad. I think that's just normal and something we all do in real life as well.
      3027585431_55b6195e50_s.jpg3028374752_0df4d81a1b_s.jpg3028422696_8dcef38baa_s.jpg
      TickerTicker.aspx?&TT=bdy&TT1=bdy&CL=29&CT=&CG=F&O=m_nestbirds&T=t_b14&D=20080913&M1=&D1=2009&T2=&T1=Baby+Iris&CC=0&CO=&step=5&radio=A

ITA, and to expand on that, it's hard to not notice when someone spews the same stuff over and over and over again...whether it's where they work, what their hair looks like, etc. It's not really a grudge, but more of a getting to know a poster, type of feeling. It eventually gets to a point where they mention something like, "My hair is just sooo curly" 50 bazillion times that you just sit there and think, "Wait! Your hair is curly?! SHOCKING!@#@!" or something similar.
    • love yourself firstlove yourself first Registered Users Posts: 5,398
      M2LR wrote: »

ITA, and to expand on that, it's hard to not notice when someone spews the same stuff over and over and over again...whether it's where they work, what their hair looks like, etc. It's not really a grudge, but more of a getting to know a poster, type of feeling. It eventually gets to a point where they mention something like, "My hair is just sooo curly" 50 bazillion times that you just sit there and think, "Wait! Your hair is curly?! SHOCKING!@#@!" or something similar.

M2LR,

You've been posting here 7 years, I have been posting here 5 years, and there are plenty of other posters with "board longevity" too. So, it makes sense that we would sometimes feel that we know all we care to know (and maybe much more) about certain posters that we have seen post over and over again. The flip side to that (the good side of familiarity that doesn't breed contempt) is feeling like you somewhat KNOW a person well, especially for someone you've never met irl. There are some good aspects of that too like caring about them or genuine curiousity about their life.

I don't carry *grudges* but I have formed opinions about a great many posters that I carry with me when I read their posts. That is just human nature, and I presume that we all do it to some extent. It helps with screening out information and deciding how and when to respond to someone, if at all.
      "Great minds discuss ideas; Average minds discuss events; Small minds discuss people."
      "I think that somehow, we learn who we really are and then we live with that decision."
      - Eleanor Roosevelt (both quotes)

(taking a break from posting starting late august 2009)
    • SystemSystem Posts: 39,060 Administrator
      Similar to what others have said...you get a "feel" for other posters and it's hard to shake that feeling even when you're trying not to be rude to them just because they've been rude to you. That feeling may cloud how you interact with them.
    • Scuba GalScuba Gal Registered Users Posts: 383
      ditto what Mazey said.

Some posters are the same in every thread so while it may appear to be a grudge, it is just that they are an idiot/clueless/annoying, etc all the time, so hence.. they get the same reaction/response.
      I agree with you, but there are posters who've been here for a while as well (a year or more) and still feel the need to post in every thread, what they do for a living, their back ground, whatever.
      I would say that close to 80% of the posters on the non-hair board are frequent posters, and some of the repetition isn't always needed, just my opinion though.

Occassionally, and it's usually when I talk about my kids, I mention things that I have posted TONS of times...and I actually think, "I have said this before, so they probably all ready know this..." and I post it anyways.

I am speaking more of the 3 out of 5 posts that someone makes that state they work in a certain place, have blah blah kids, etc.

I totally agree with you on board longevity, though, I think that stuff just kinda happens.
    • PeppyPeppy Registered Users Posts: 3,290
      Scuba Gal wrote: »
      ditto what Mazey said.

Some posters are the same in every thread so while it may appear to be a grudge, it is just that they are an idiot/clueless/annoying, etc all the time, so hence.. they get the same reaction/response.

I agree. If someone gets the same type of reactions every time they post or they're constantly at the center of an argument, maybe they need to look at how they come across.
    • KindredGhost1983KindredGhost1983 Registered Users Posts: 1,187
      Kimshi42 wrote: »
      Similar to what others have said...you get a "feel" for other posters and it's hard to shake that feeling even when you're trying not to be rude to them just because they've been rude to you. That feeling may cloud how you interact with them.

So true!
      Curlies add me on myspace!

www.myspace.com/agilruth
    • MunchyMunchy Registered Users Posts: 5,206 Curl Novice
      I don't carry *grudges* but I have formed opinions about a great many posters that I carry with me when I read their posts. That is just human nature, and I presume that we all do it to some extent. It helps with screening out information and deciding how and when to respond to someone, if at all.

Yes!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
    Emoji
    Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
    Drop image/file