Do you carry a grudge from thread to thread?

PoodleheadPoodlehead Posts: 6,959Registered Users
If someone pisses you off in a thread, do you tend to be mad at them in other threads where you see them, or are you able to brush it off and view their posts without the baggage of history?
Minneapolis, MN
Failed to load the poll.
Failed to load the poll.

Comments

• ScarletScarlet Posts: 3,125Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Only with one poster have I held a grudge. Maybe not a grudge, but I liked to yank her chain whenever possible. She doesn't post here anymore. :cry:
    The first lesson of economics is scarcity: There is never enough of anything to satisfy all those who want it. The first lesson of politics is to disregard the first lesson of economics - Thomas Sowell
  • geminigemini Posts: 3,325Registered Users
    This is about me, isn't it? :lol:

Answer: No. I remember what the person posted in previous threads, but I don't hold a grudge.
  • medussamedussa Posts: 12,993Registered Users
    Nope.
  • goldencurlygoldencurly Posts: 2,385Registered Users
    I don't have the memory required for a grudge :lol:
    ________
    LIVE SEX
  • three rivers curlythree rivers curly Posts: 994Registered Users
    Not entirely, but if something was said that was just down right cruel and out of line....well...ya' know...

I have a hard time respecting some posters because of previous comments, but I don't really lose sleep over it.
    :D
    Better everyone think your a fool, than to open your mouth and prove them right.

Perception is not reality.

http://public.fotki.com/hmiklos
  • AmnerisAmneris Posts: 15,117Registered Users
    No - some things I remember, some things I don't, but I try to contribute constructively to threads whenever I can (I'm sure not perfect so may not always!) I like each thread to be a clean slate.

I have learned the hard way that it is smartest to just ignore people that rub you the wrong way or try to work it out off the board rather than start disrespecting each other.
    Get used to me. Black, confident, cocky; my name, not yours; my religion, not yours; my goals, my own; get used to me. -Muhammad Ali

.png

534Pm5.png

• CherishCherish Posts: 1,847Registered Users
    No grudges here 8) But I might form a favorable/unfavorable opinion if I notice a certain pattern in a member's posts.
  • SystemSystem Posts: 39,060 Administrator
    I voted no. To each their own. :D You (plural) are allowed to disagree with me :wink: If someone makes a really inappropriate or hurtful comment it bothers me more when it is made toward another than if it is toward me. When it is toward me, I just let it roll off my back. And, I try to never fire back.
  • MzShvyMzShvy Posts: 121Registered Users
    No. There is one poster that I would LOVE to meet in a dark alley sometime, because she loves to be nasty to me, but I haven't seen her around in a long time. I never would open her threads, and just tried to ignore her, but it realy was hard to try and get along with her.
    MzShvy

"If we get a little crazy, blame it on the alcohol." Pat Green
  • mazeymazey Posts: 709Registered Users
    I don’t hold a grudge, but there have been people that are just such morons, it is hard to forget that every time you see them post. So it isn’t a grudge I hold, more the remembrance that they are an idiot.
    Madonna getting upset with her daughter for dressing too slutty is like Mr. T getting upset with his son for pitying too many fools.
  • PJcurlPJcurl Posts: 71Registered Users
    I do recall recent posts where people have declared one thing and then say something that is the opposite, it makes me wonder about the honesty of their declaration. I might point it out too, as maybe I got it wrong or they didn't actually mean what they said previously. I think its difficult to forget a person's posting history here, especially when its provocative.

But holding a grudge is way too much work.

PJ
    HG: WEN Sweet Almond
    Ojon RT
    Oils (jojoba, olive, sapote, carrot)
    Kinky curly custard
    Blended Beauty (new fave)
    I will not chop my hair off in frustration this year. I will not..I promise, no braids, no braids, no chopping.
  • Jenny CJenny C Posts: 1,195Registered Users
    mazey wrote:
    I don’t hold a grudge, but there have been people that are just such morons, it is hard to forget that every time you see them post. So it isn’t a grudge I hold, more the remembrance that they are an idiot.

I feel the same way. If there's someone I don't like it's usually a combination of multiple posts that make me realize I think they're stupid or a ****.
    If you got nothing to bring to the table - don't even bother sitting down.
  • papayahedpapayahed Posts: 1,282Registered Users
    I don't have the memory required for a grudge :lol:

I second that. I never remeber who said what, when. I generally don't even notice who's posting. I know someone on here thinks I'm horrible but for the life of me I can't remember who.

Although there are some poster who I know automatically, their posts generally illict the same response, I check the name and sure enough....Not that I keep track.
  • zmanzzzzzmanzzzz Banned Posts: 3,826Banned Users
    i carry grudges from bored to bored.
  • PartyHairPartyHair Posts: 7,713Registered Users
    MzShvy wrote:
    No. There is one poster that I would LOVE to meet in a dark alley sometime, because she loves to be nasty to me, but I haven't seen her around in a long time. I never would open her threads, and just tried to ignore her, but it realy was hard to try and get along with her.

Ok, this has GOT to be about me.

I am another one who rarely remembers who posted what to whom and when. It isn't worth the energy. I also though remember particularly inflammatory posters, especially if they are ALWAYS inflammatory...but I usually don't know why I remember them. :D

I don't hold grudges in real life, so I'm not about to hold them on the internet.
    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Rock on with your bad self.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Be excellent to each other. ~ Abraham Lincoln

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
  • three rivers curlythree rivers curly Posts: 994Registered Users
    PartyHair wrote:

It certainly is. No one here actually likes you. You are a mean and hateful Troll and we ALL wish that you would go AWAY NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!

Happy Birthday Sweetie! kisses! xoxox
    Better everyone think your a fool, than to open your mouth and prove them right.

Perception is not reality.

http://public.fotki.com/hmiklos
  • PartyHairPartyHair Posts: 7,713Registered Users
    PartyHair wrote:

It certainly is. No one here actually likes you. You are a mean and hateful Troll and we ALL wish that you would go AWAY NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!

:D Thanks.

I'm just attention ho extraordinaire today. :twisted:
    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Rock on with your bad self.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Be excellent to each other. ~ Abraham Lincoln

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
  • MzShvyMzShvy Posts: 121Registered Users
    PartyHair wrote:
    MzShvy wrote:

I am another one who rarely remembers who posted what to whom and when. It isn't worth the energy. I also though remember particularly inflammatory posters, especially if they are ALWAYS inflammatory...but I usually don't know why I remember them. :D

I don't hold grudges in real life, so I'm not about to hold them on the internet.

Nope. :lol: Happy Birthday by the way!
    MzShvy

"If we get a little crazy, blame it on the alcohol." Pat Green
  • zmanzzzzzmanzzzz Banned Posts: 3,826Banned Users
    PartyHair wrote:
    PartyHair wrote:

:D Thanks.

I'm just attention ho extraordinaire today. :twisted:

Stop being such a drama king! :wink:
  • curlyarcacurlyarca Posts: 8,449Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Poodlehead wrote:
    If someone pisses you off in a thread, do you tend to be mad at them in other threads where you see them, or are you able to brush it off and view their posts without the baggage of history?

depends. for example, i disagree with a certain poster here on several issues, but i'll turn right around and tell her how much i sincerely admire her hair or something she said (no grudge)....basically mere disagreement isn't grudge-worthy. i'm more likely to hold a grudge if a pattern is established and someone is consistently mean/cruel/inflammatory. oh yeah :lol: , i can and will hold a grudge. generally i ignore posts from a poster i hold a grudge with; sometimes i call the poster out (poster? postor? i'm suddenly confused on that word...).

i am a stickler when it comes to detail and i end up remembering alot. some things roll off my back and some things don't. i'd be totally lying if i said i didn't hold grudges though. wish i didn't but unfortunately... :wink:

"In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay an invincible summer."

4a, mbl, low porosity, normal thickness, fine hair.
  • ScaryCurlScaryCurl Posts: 138Registered Users
    People disagree with me here all the time and that doesn't bother me at all. If we all thought alike and agreed on everything, there would never be discussions. However, there have been a handful on here that have been so blatantly nasty, I normally don't open their threads and have no interest in their opinions, so I basically put them on ignore. I'm not sure I'd call it a grudge. I can forgive, I just don't forget. :lol:
    Hair type: 3C. Favorite products for the moment: CONDITIONER: Elucence MBC, LEAVE-IN COND: Curls Rock. CURL ENHANCER: Frederic Fekkai Luscious Curls. GEL: Ouidad Climate Control (HG), FINISHING: Frederic Fekkai Glossing Creme.
  • GuardianBGuardianB Posts: 1,905Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    I do remember pretty well who said what, when and try not to forget that. So in that respect I do hold grudges. I like to not be hit with the same thing twice. The proverb the pres couldn't get right "Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me". I try and not rub it and chase it. I try not to follow someone and persist bringing op dirty laundry that I will hold. But I have been guilty and probably will again. A fault of mine that I keep things in until they get to a point of explosion and then I don't stop until I've exhausted.
    ~Two friends, one soul inspired~ anonymous
  • EliciaElicia Posts: 881Registered Users
    If I consider someone an idiot, I may dedicate my signature line to him or her. i have called folks once or twice on their post and used past info to make a point , but it is rare and time consuming :lol:
    I post on this particular board for fun- a piece of fluff to pass the day. I like reading others opinions and sharing mine. Usually it is more fun when we all disagree- that's when the drama really begins. i don't take much of what i read her seriously
    To hold a grudge would mean that I am emotionally invested enough in the drama to actually give a ****. I rarely am. If it doesn't affect me in R/L, then I don't think it is worth the time or energy to nurse a grudge.
    :binky::roll::eye:
    national anthem for self-pity :binky:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zawR7VYNdNg
  • LadydncingLadydncing Posts: 964Registered Users
    Never. It's too much energy and life is too short!
    Maya
    3b/c CG routine
    HG line DevaCurl
    Password: Locks

event.png
  • CostenyaCostenya Posts: 520Registered Users
    Not at all. This is a discussion board. We are bound to have disagreements and move on. It's understood that we aren't here to agree with each other; at least I hope it is. However, being analytical, I tend to see "patterns" in people's posts and the way they write. And if I see a re-occurring pattern of drama, rudeness or attention-seeking, I tend to tread around those posts.
  • ChakraChakra Posts: 172Registered Users
    No way! Takes too much energy and what is the point?
  • eccentric_kurlzeccentric_kurlz Posts: 4,151Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    I think it's fruitless to hold a grudge against someone that you really don't know. That energy could be used for something else.
    A wonderful mix of coils, curls, corkscrews, and kinks.

http://s211.photobucket.com/albums/bb133/shyygirl_2007/
    PW: curlyhair

I have a blog now. Follow meeeee! :)

http://naturalurbanista.blogspot.com/

"You see, when it comes to language competence, a true patriot must hit that sweet spot between "job-stealing immigrant" and "liberal elitist." ~Eilonwy

Wanna have access to the top names in fashion and luxury at up to 70% off retail? Sure you do. http://tinyurl.com/3yxneol

DC metro area
  • ScaryCurlScaryCurl Posts: 138Registered Users
    Costenya wrote:
    Not at all. This is a discussion board. We are bound to have disagreements and move on.

ITA with this. However, over the past few years that I've been here there have been 2 or 3 posters that never had a kind word or civil response to anyone. They were so nasty in fact, that they've all been banned, so they aren't a problem anymore. :lol:
    Hair type: 3C. Favorite products for the moment: CONDITIONER: Elucence MBC, LEAVE-IN COND: Curls Rock. CURL ENHANCER: Frederic Fekkai Luscious Curls. GEL: Ouidad Climate Control (HG), FINISHING: Frederic Fekkai Glossing Creme.
  • O d d i s y~O d d i s y~ Posts: 1,042Registered Users
    i dont really bother.. 8)
    And the end of the day , all you've got is yourself..:headbang:
  • MarMar Posts: 3,004Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Well,as a moderator,I can't :)
    In real life,I am not a grudge-holder at all,and I really don't do it online,either.
    If someone really rubs me the wrong way,I don't reply to thier posts.
    "what's so funny 'bout peace, love and understanding?"

"If you judge people,you have no time to love them"
    -Mother Theresa

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file