How do you get your hair to part correctly?

DancingbadgerDancingbadger Posts: 136Registered Users
Lately I find that my waves look good if I plop then clip the layers up and diffuse a little. If I mess with it too much my hair gets really frizzy.

If you plop, how do get your hair to part correctly. I usally have waves/curls going in every direction and sometimes looking kind of messy and matted.

Any ideas?
My hair is a mix of 2b/3a and even a bit of 3b thrown in! I would call my hair wavycelli. It curls most when I leave it alone after wet scrunching. My hair has a spring factor of about 2 or 3 inches and has a very silky, medium texture.

Comments

• SystemSystem Posts: 39,060 Administrator
    I gently pick up the whole curl clump (which is fairly small with my hair) and place it where I want it to go. I like the not straight part look though :D Too much messing around with it = frizz for too :x
  • solelunasoleluna Posts: 21Registered Users
    I am reviving this because I need help on parting too.
    If I touch it, it frizzes, and I need to help myself with a comb for parting. How do you do it?
  • MegnificentMegnificent Posts: 109Registered Users
    before I plop, I part my hair where I want it, and then I clip pieces around the part, then I plop as usual. I plop and diffuse with the clips still in my hair, and then I CAREFULLY remove them. I get volume and a neat part.
    2a-3a

Fotki: curlymeg

Nature's Gate Awapuhi Volumizing Conditioner
    Graham Webb Making Waves gel
    jojoba or coconut oil as a DT

Hair is pretty great now that it's colder, now I'm focusing on my skin. Sniffle.
    That is a great idea!!!!!

What type of clips do you use?
  • MegnificentMegnificent Posts: 109Registered Users
    http://www.curlmart.com/DevaClips-p-198.html

They are shorter than average so they don't get as tangled in the rest of your hair. Also, you must use metal clips if you are going to use the diffuser, which is key to this working at all.

Good luck!
    2a-3a

Fotki: curlymeg

Nature's Gate Awapuhi Volumizing Conditioner
    Graham Webb Making Waves gel
    jojoba or coconut oil as a DT

Hair is pretty great now that it's colder, now I'm focusing on my skin. Sniffle.
    Thank you! I'll try it!!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file