Curly hair that doesn't follow the rules

nezzystarrnezzystarr Posts: 3Registered Users
My hair is long, down to my bottom, curly, dark and thick. Not just enmass thick, the hairs themselves are thick which, from all I read, is unusual. In the last couple of weeks its gotten frizzy, rough and not pretty at all, but its not brittle and doesn't break.
I keep trying to use different conditioners and moisturizers, but it leaves the hair near my scalp greasy and isn't doing anything to the rest. I don't blow dry, I don't brush my hair. I've only in the last couple of days seen this don't use shampoo thing that I'm willing to try, but I'm afraid it'll only make the hair near my scalp look really bad.
Has anyone else had this problem? Any suggestions? I don't have split ends or anything like most everything I've seen. I'm just not sure where to start. Thanks.

Comments

• NotinabottleNotinabottle Posts: 303Registered Users
    It sounds like you might be Overconditioned. Try using a less moisturizing conditioner like one of the suave of vo5 condtioners for a few days and see if that helps. I wouldn't suggest using no conditioner at all though, especially seeing as your hair is so long. Maybe try not putting a leave-in as well too.

What products are you using? Are you CG? Some products you need to shampoo with to get all the buildup out of.
    3a/b Thick, dry, in need of a haircut.
    HG's: Giovannia Smooth as Silk Conditioner and Aura Hypoallergenic Gel.

Whee a fotki!http://public.fotki.com/Notinabottle/
  • nezzystarrnezzystarr Posts: 3Registered Users
    Well, I've been using Dove the last few weeks. THe one with green tea in it, but before that I was using Vive for curly hair, but that's it. I don't have a leave in conditioner and I use selsun blue on my scalp.
  • CurlyQTPieCurlyQTPie Posts: 447Registered Users
    Have you clarified? My hair always feels better after I clarify.
    3B with some 3a. Fell off but am now back on the CG bandwagon and looking for my HG products.
  • nezzystarrnezzystarr Posts: 3Registered Users
    I really have no idea what that even means. I've just found out about all this hair stuff. I've always shampooed and conditioned as I was taught and that was it. I'm trying to figure out what my hair needs.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file