CurlTalk

Bangs like Taylor Swift?

MoopyMoopy Posts: 16Registered Users
Hey everyone!
I was just wondering, has anyone found a way to get their bangs to look similar to Taylor Swift's? She has what would be dream hair for me, and my curl is similar to hers, but I can never seem to get it to look the same, especially in the front.
Here's a pic I absolutely love and keep trying to copy with little success:
TaylorSwifthasdabesthaireva.jpg
So... any ideas? Maybe?
When all the other ducks are walking in a line, I'll be the one in the back dancing.
:duckie: :duckie: :duckie: :headbang:

Comments

• SapphireWingstarSapphireWingstar Posts: 381Registered Users
    Her hair is gorgeous, and you're really lucky if you have hair like hers!

I'd say go to a good hairdresser and show her the picture and get her to cut your bangs like that. I don't know if you can get bangs like that yourself. Also, remember that she's probably had a bunch of hairstylists working on her hair, so probably used curling irons and stuff on her hair, so don't fret if it doesn't look *exactly* like her hair.

Anyways, good luck!
    3b/c...or thereabouts.

Album: /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fphotobucket.com%2Falbums%2Fa119%2FCrazyCurlyQ%2F" class="Popup

Password: curlomania
    (albums are on the lefthand side)
  • shellynotshellynot Posts: 1,140Registered Users
    i love taylor swift's hair too!! i mean really, who doesn't? anyways, i definitely think there was some curling iron action going on in that picture, from the way they are kinda flipping up and away from her face, and the fact that the bangs are straighter at the root than the rest of her hair. So, i'd say her look does require styling so go for if you're willing to style your bangs! i'm sure it couldn't look bad if your hair is similar to taylor's (oh yah, we're on a first name basis lol)
    2c/3a
    curl blog
    curl album

"Your head is like a crown on you.
    It is as beautiful as Mount Carmel.
    Your hair is as smooth as purple silk.
    I am captured by your flowing curls."
    Song of Solomon 7:5 (NIRV)

• carlitos3carlitos3 Posts: 15Registered Users
    i no her hair is georgous and ive always wanted hair like a celeb.

but ive come to realize that they dont just wake up and do their hair themselves like we do. they have like hair and makeup crews that do and perfect it for them.
  • curlybohocurlyboho Posts: 130Registered Users
    I have done something like that with my hair its really not that hard at all. My girlfriend is a hair dresser and showed me how. I will see if I can find a pic some where of what it looked like. So heres how to do it:

1. Wash your hair and style it as usual, let it dry completely!

2. Using a comb part your (straight line) on one side I always do it on my right side. Put it in a clip or something so it doesn't get in your way. Keeping the part in place pull out like a 3-4 inch square from the bangs on the opposite side (hope this makes sense).

3. Coat it with some heat protector creme. Take a flat iron (a Chi is by far the best flat iron out there, and the only one I use) and iron it till its straight. You may also want to add a little hair spray to make sure it doesn't frizz back up.

4. Take a curling iron now and make some big loops out of the straightened bangs try to get as close to your head as you can. Hairspray and finger through them to give them that toussled look.

5. Pull back the ends of the bangs and tuck them behind your ear and secure with a bobby pin.

I got so many complements when I did it this way it was crazy. But it takes a lot of work, and if its humid or wet out side it makes a totall flop and looks horrid. Hope this helps!!!
    Low Porosity-Medium Density

Hair loves all sorts of proteins...my curls come to life in hot humid weather!
  • Swtstuf214Swtstuf214 Posts: 2Registered Users
    Wet your bands and dry them with a round brush to the side to lift the roots, then take a spiral iron and spiral or let your natural curls go on your bangs. i love it though that some one famous for the teens is sporting their hair color, i wanted my hair straight for so long but i love it now because its different. and she s my age so its kinda cool
  • Swtstuf214Swtstuf214 Posts: 2Registered Users
    Bangs* meant to say hair style ha instead of hair color
  • Fanfarlo148Fanfarlo148 Posts: 151Registered Users
    Yeah, she uses a curling iron, it was on the DVD that came with her CD...
  • lovelyx3lovelyx3 Posts: 7Registered Users
    I wish i could get my hair as curly as that..!!
  • whinnie1995whinnie1995 Posts: 1Registered Users
    I think this website is awesome!! I LOVE Taylor Swift and I have blond curly hair just like hers! I just need to figure out how to style my hair. It's kinda hard because it's so curly but I think I'll try it tomorrow.
  • j-jill. j-jill. Posts: 147Registered Users
    Sheesh, you'd be one lucky girl to get curls like Taylor Swift.. everytime I see her I'm so envious. :x
    She has the looks, hair, and the talent.
    Hair Type: 2b/2c (:

• marvelousmary22marvelousmary22 Posts: 10Registered Users
    Just get long side swept bangs and straighten them..it kind of sucks, but i straighten my bangs.
  • kayemmkay159kayemmkay159 Posts: 171Registered Users
    well i do that with my bangs too and itlooks kinda similair. i let them air dry but then in the morning if they dont look good you curl them so they wrap around your other peices of hair.. did that make sense? idk its hard to explain.
  • a_cowens5a_cowens5 Posts: 45Registered Users
    this only really works because i shower at night:

I section of my bangs with a clip, then style the bulk of my hair. Right before bed i put my hair up, then put lot of gel in my bangs (sounds gross but bear with me) and pull them flat around my head with like 2 or three clips (so the tiny bits don't escape). In the morning i scrunch it out a lot! and it's soft and straight with a tiny flip at the end.
    3A,3B ish...
  • swiftfan4everswiftfan4ever Posts: 24Registered Users
    ok with this you kinda want to ask your hairdresser to do long razored bangs in one side of your head and use a curling iron to touch up your hair and/or bangs
  • danielle42danielle42 Posts: 9Registered Users
    I love Taylor Swifts hair, especailly how she does her bangs. I had bangs for the longest time that i straightened after I blew dry my hair. I got so sick of blow drying my hair and seperating the bangs to straighten them, making sure I didn't get any of the other curls mixed in with my bangs.
    Finally I gave up with the straigtener and what I do is part my bangs how I would normally wear them straight, add my product and start blow drying my hair like I normally would. When they are still damp I take my bangs and start twisting them right about eye level so some of the bang over my forhead stays semi straight/waved. I finish blow drying them carefully until dry.
    Hope this makes sense and helps you.
  • swiftfan4everswiftfan4ever Posts: 24Registered Users
    hey update i just got my hair cut but she said to do a long sweep bang i looks perfect i luv my hairdresser
  • Twirls_Swirls_Kinks_an_Curls!Twirls_Swirls_Kinks_an_Curls! Posts: 15Registered Users
    I tried getting her bangs once and to get pretty close you have to use a curling iron to straighten the first part and then as you go down once you get to the end part you curl it up and away from you. HTH! :blob6:
    I Have: Type 2a shoulder length Dirty Blonde
    I use: Samy mousse, ION leave-in CO, Samy get
    Curls potion, ION silk shine drops, and John
    Frieda Brilliant Brunette Shine Curl spray
    I: Plop, French Braid (for kinky curls), and am
    going to try pineappling
    I l<3ve: Any Garnier Fructise curl product
    :wav: :blob8:
  • KateKate Posts: 8Registered Users
    I have used Taylor as an inspiration for my own hair styles, and I found that I had a hard time at first getting the bangs right. I had shorter bangs for a while, but let them grow out, and sometimes just let them stay how they want and it seems to be closer to the look I'm going for. My natural curls are better than trying to use an iron to get the look, but sometimes I just hairspray the bangs back away from my face, and clip them under all the rest of the hair just by my ear so that they are just brushing my eye. It's the best I've gotten so far.
  • curlycarrottop62curlycarrottop62 Posts: 245Registered Users
    i think that she has long side swept bangs and it almost looks as if she straightens half of it and lets the rest b curly...
    Multi-textured head! 3a w/ some 3c, medium to high porosity, medium to coarse texture, dry!

My current favorites: Suave naturals shampoo, Suave coconut, Organix argan and moroccan oil conditioner, GFTN, LALMG, FSG <3!!

Not a huge fan of CG :/
  • crazycurlz427crazycurlz427 Posts: 46Registered Users
    taylor swift actually doesn't have bangs. she straightens a part of her hair back to make it look like bangs. Just try to straighten the top half of your hair at the front and pull it back with the straightener. Thats also not her natural hair. She does have naturally curly hair, but she curls the top by wrapping a curl around the curling iron. ( not twisting the iron up)
  • wmvbugwmvbug Posts: 43Registered Users
    I think Im going to try out everyones suggestions but my curling iron is on it's last leg. I dont think it's gonna make it past winter. Well i have no bangs at all any way, all my hair is long and I cut it myself. Hopefully it will work.
    3b hair

Started CG July 29th 2009!

:D
  • stelrgrlstelrgrl Posts: 3Registered Users
    i think in pixie the mag they showed you how to tame your curls like the stars just go to block buster look at the mags its hard to find but it worth it
    ;-):smilebox:
  • swell28swell28 Posts: 52Registered Users
    I suggest getting long side swept bangs, take that picture to your stylist and they should know what to do. Good luck!
    Someone help me make my hair look like Merida from Brave that's all I want.
  • kenzie!kenzie! Posts: 5,055Registered Users
    she uses a curling iron....so it might be kinda challenging to get your bangs like that naturally....but good luck!!
    Rock Chalk Baby!! If you aren't from Kansas, you just won't understand!

Dame Kenz Matilda Jayhawk-Rocksalt, heir to the family diamonds.
  • kuromikuromi Posts: 30Registered Users
    i love taylor swift wish i had her hair even when its natural

event.png
  • taylorshairtaylorshair Posts: 7Registered Users
    taylor has THE cutest hair!! my hair is so so so similar to hers on the front of her first album!! what i do is part my hair to the left and then straighten the bangs so that they cover my forehead and tuck them behind my left ear. hope that made sense. it looks soooo cute!! someone saw taylor swift on tv and thought it was me. lol no joke.
  • jillylittle89jillylittle89 Posts: 12Registered Users
    I do love her hair! Inspired me to grow mine out. In a interview I read she said she used to hate her curly hair but grew to love it later. She also said that its kinda high maintainence and she has to fix it daily with a 1in curling iron all over the place.
  • rachelillyrachelilly Posts: 40Registered Users
    Here is what I like to do - it works very well!

When I get out of the shower, I brush my part into place on the side and then push water back into my hair so that the curl "clumps" reform. I brush my bangs into a side-swept position and then pin them to stay. Then I apply all my usual products, and let my hair air-dry, from being soaking wet. The result is very soft and curly, and loose and not too tight with the top part of your hair being straight, the way Taylor's is. I sometimes need to run an iron through the very ends of my bangs cause they get crimped from being pinned back, but this way you don't have to bother with letting your hair dry and then trying to straighten just the top part of your bangs (if they are long), because this usually just results in the bottoms of your bangs getting really frizzy!

This has worked very well for me; the trick is just brushing it down first, THEN re-wetting the parts of your hair that do not lie against your head so that they can curl as they please and your bangs and top part of your hair will stay soft and flexible. My hair is very lightweight so it doesn't look "plastered to my head" when I do this - if it does, though, just turn your head upside-down and rub your fingers over your roots to give them a little lift without disturbing the ends of your hair.

I hope this helps and makes sense!
    2c/F/ii
    CG since 1/28/10, growing it out!

Shampoo: Burt's Bees Pomegranate & Soy
    CO wash: Suave Naturals Refreshing Tangerine
    CO: Suave Naturals Refreshing Tangerine + honey, GFTN as DT
    Leave-in: Suave Naturals Refreshing Tangerine
    Styling: HEBE, LA Looks Sport Gel, FSG
    Sealing:coconut oil
    Clarifying: ACV once a week
    Do not like: plopping!
    comic-s.jpg

/home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fpublic.fotki.com%2FRachelily%2F" class="Popup

• princessmikaylahprincessmikaylah Posts: 1Registered Users
    getting t. swift hair isnt hard. straighten your bangs then take a curling iron and curl the ends to match the rest of your hair....hope it works! :lol:
  • curlycountrygirl13curlycountrygirl13 Posts: 1Registered Users
    If you want your hair to look EXACTLY like Taylor's you need your hair to be almost to your waist when it is straight, since when it is curly it is a lot shorter. You just take a 3/4 inch curling iron and wrap your hair AROUND the iron instead of using the clamp, taking very small sections.
    Taylor has normal sidebangs. if you JUST want to do your bangs, then wrap your hair around a 3/4 inch curling iron, but only curl the bang that is right under your eye, since she leaves a little bit of straightness from her eye up.
    Hope this helped!