Do you make your bed everyday?

SpiderSpider Posts: 3,381Registered Users Curl Neophyte
I like to make my bed when I get up- It's just nice to come home to a tidy room. At bedtime, I like turning down the covers and having nice, smooth sheets and blankets (not all knotted & bunched up like they are when we first get up)

How about you?
Don't let your heart be broken. Let it love.
Failed to load the poll.
Failed to load the poll.

Comments

• NetGNetG Posts: 8,116Registered Users
    If my room were tidy, maybe I would!

Actually, when my room is very clean in general, I am far more likely to make my bed, too.
    The pews never miss a sermon but that doesn't get them one step closer to Heaven.
    -Speckla

But at least the pews never attend yoga!
  • PhDCowPhDCow Posts: 1,621Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    I try to, but if the cats are still asleep, I don't disturb them.

Colin just sleeps with a blanket in his crib, so no need to make his bed.

Emma's bed is a mass of body pillows and bed rails. Making her bed is just too hard beyond fluffing the comforter.
    God doesn't give special kids to special parents. He takes ordinary, imperfect people, and gifts them with his greatest treasures. And therein, he creates special parents.

• UtopiaUtopia Posts: 7Registered Users
    Not now. Not ever! :twisted:

No, I sleep way to wildly just to turn over the covers... it always requires actually making the bed. That's only possible when I wake up on time, which is so rare that I just put no. But when my room is tidy, I do tend to make more of an effort to keep my bed tidy as well.
    3c/4a

Hmmm... I'll keep thinking and maybe put something interesting down here eventually.
  • medussamedussa Posts: 12,993Registered Users
    I try to, if I have the time.
  • MizKerriMizKerri Posts: 1,701Registered Users
    I can't because I'd be disturbing Sleeping Beauty (aka the boyfriend)!

If a news story breaks and no one on the Internet comments, did it really happen?
  • bouncebounce Posts: 297Registered Users
    No way. From the second I wake up until I leave for work, it's a full blown sprint out the door, wet hair and all.

My house is spotless...except for our bedroom. It's usually pretty disasterous. I can't seem to be able to hang clothes up.

In regards to the bed, I did buy really cute sheets and all kinds of different pillow cases so the bed looks kind of cute unmade. I never bought throw pillows for our bed b/c that would be a total waste for us.

Plus our dog sleeps in our bed, under the covers, all day long while we are at work, so we don't want to take away her favorite spot!
  • SpiderSpider Posts: 3,381Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Oops! I had a third option - The bed gets made, but not by me

Not sure why it didn't show up.
    Don't let your heart be broken. Let it love.
  • Swirlycurly ChemistSwirlycurly Chemist Posts: 335Registered Users
    If I miss a day for some reason, it makes me grumpy. Everything looks so much cleaner if the bed is made. Besides, when times were better for us we spent a fortune on our custom made bed and on our other bedroom furnture and bedding so I should get to see it the way it should look.
    3A canopy with 3B underneath
    Low poo, not afraid of amine-based silicones or polyquats, silk proteins are good as well.
  • skywatcherskywatcher Posts: 429Registered Users
    Spider wrote:
    Oops! I had a third option - The bed gets made, but not by me

Not sure why it didn't show up.
    That would be the option I would need, DH makes the bed.... 8)
    3a/2c
    Long layers, past BSL
    Loving: CON poo, Elucence MBC, Jessicurl WDT, B&A Gel.
    SLS free poos since Feb 6/05
  • spiderlashes5000spiderlashes5000 Posts: 17,898Registered Users Curl Virtuoso
    I HAVE TO because my house is for sale and I never know when a prospective buyer will want to see it (like while I'm at work). The house must be clean AT ALL TIMES! I am a slob, so this is killing me.

I learned my lesson when we got our first showing a few hours after it was listed -- NOT CLEAN! :shock:

• stacy3Cstacy3C Posts: 132Registered Users
    PhDCow wrote:
    I try to, but if the cats are still asleep, I don't disturb them.

Actually, since I work and my cats do not, I expect them to make the bed. They do, however, like to sleep in the various heaps and crevices in an unmade bed.
    3B/C shoulder length and silver. Neuma products: Smooth Shampoo, Moisture Conditioner, Tangle Me Free Spray, and Styling Gelee.
  • mazeymazey Posts: 709Registered Users
    I never make the bed. I do quickly pull up the covers to the pillows every morning, only because if I don’t the cat will sleep in the bed which I don’t like. That is my one fur-free zone and I intend to keep it that way.
    Madonna getting upset with her daughter for dressing too slutty is like Mr. T getting upset with his son for pitying too many fools.
  • Jenny CJenny C Posts: 1,195Registered Users
    For years I never made my bed, I just didn't see the point. Then I bought this beautiful quilt that I loved and it just seemed a shame to never see it look the way it was supposed to so I started making my bed everyday. Now it's just part of my morning routine. Sometimes on the weekends when I'm out of my routine I'll let it go, but now it bugs me when it's all sloppy.
    If you got nothing to bring to the table - don't even bother sitting down.
  • CherishCherish Posts: 1,847Registered Users
    Some days.. no time.
  • PartyHairPartyHair Posts: 7,713Registered Users
    I made a New Year's resolution YEARS ago to make my bed daily, and I do. It's one of two resolutions I've made, and I've kept both of them. :D
    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Rock on with your bad self.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Be excellent to each other. ~ Abraham Lincoln

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
  • AmnerisAmneris Posts: 15,117Registered Users
    My husband makes it every day as it's a big deal to him. If up to me, I would forget sometimes - which horrifies my mama.
    Get used to me. Black, confident, cocky; my name, not yours; my religion, not yours; my goals, my own; get used to me. -Muhammad Ali

.png

534Pm5.png

• LadydncingLadydncing Posts: 964Registered Users
    I hate coming home to an unmade bed, so I've got to
    do it. :?
    Maya
    3b/c CG routine
    HG line DevaCurl
    Password: Locks

event.png
  • NetGNetG Posts: 8,116Registered Users
    Jenny C wrote:
    For years I never made my bed, I just didn't see the point. Then I bought this beautiful quilt that I loved and it just seemed a shame to never see it look the way it was supposed to so I started making my bed everyday. Now it's just part of my morning routine. Sometimes on the weekends when I'm out of my routine I'll let it go, but now it bugs me when it's all sloppy.

My mom makes me blankets, but they're not on my bed this time of year....I'm far more likely to make my bed in the winter because of the blankets! Plus, it means no chill collecting on the sheets from colder air, either, so I like it made more then.
    The pews never miss a sermon but that doesn't get them one step closer to Heaven.
    -Speckla

But at least the pews never attend yoga!
  • ScarletScarlet Posts: 3,125Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I do (unless kitty is sleeping and I don't want to incur his wrath).
    The first lesson of economics is scarcity: There is never enough of anything to satisfy all those who want it. The first lesson of politics is to disregard the first lesson of economics - Thomas Sowell
  • papayahedpapayahed Posts: 1,282Registered Users
    I don't think my bed has ever been made...at least not by me.
  • goldencurlygoldencurly Posts: 2,385Registered Users
    I don't because someone is alway in the bed asleep when I'm getting ready to leave, either FF or DD or sleepy kitties. Sometimes FF makes it if he can gets the cats off of it long enough. He goes to work later than I do.
    ________
    Live Sex
  • msrebamsreba Posts: 143Registered Users
    bed only gets made if we are having a party at the house, soooo, maybe 2 times a year.
  • maria_imaria_i Posts: 1,764Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    For years I didn´t.:oops:

I decided last December to make the bed daily and I really prefer the way a made bed looks, so I have been making the bed every day from then on.

We'll see how long it lasts. :wink:
    3a/b.
    Mexico City.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • SystemSystem Posts: 39,059 Administrator
    We make our bed everyday. Otherwise the doggy sleeps on our sheets and pillows :x
  • GuardianBGuardianB Posts: 1,905Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    mrsreba wrote:
    bed only gets made if we are having a party at the house, soooo, maybe 2 times a year.

yeah that's about right

made it early in my single life when a lot of the time it was required because of room inspections. I guess I got so sick of HAVING to do it I choose to not bother now.
    ~Two friends, one soul inspired~ anonymous
  • CurlyCanadianCurlyCanadian Posts: 10,904Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Curl Connoisseur
    First thing in the morning! I can't stand walking past my room and the bed not being made, or getting into an unmade bed at night. If for some reason I don't make it in the morning, I have to make it at night before I can get into it :roll:
    I believe in manicures. I believe in overdressing. I believe in primping at leisure and wearing lipstick. I believe in pink. I believe that laughing is the best calorie burner. I believe in kissing, kissing a lot. I believe in being strong when everything seems to be going wrong. I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe that tomorrow is another day and I believe in miracles.
    Audrey Hepburn
  • fuzzbucketfuzzbucket Posts: 996Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    If for some reason I don't make it in the morning, I have to make it at night before I can get into it :roll:

That is me too. I love to climb into a nice neat bed. It's one of my comforts in life.
    Hair type: 3A/B
    I lurk, therefore, I am.
    My Blog
  • LayaliLayali Posts: 561Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    bounce wrote:
    No way. From the second I wake up until I leave for work, it's a full blown sprint out the door, wet hair and all.

Same here. I am so not a morning person.

I wish I could be one of those people who wakes up super early, takes their sweet time getting ready, and leisurely enjoys their coffee over the morning paper.
    naturally 3b/3c

Explanation by the tongue makes most things clear, but love unexplained is clearer. ~ Rumi
  • PartyHairPartyHair Posts: 7,713Registered Users
    sully wrote:

Same here. I am so not a morning person.

I wish I could be one of those people who wakes up super early, takes their sweet time getting ready, and leisurely enjoys their coffee over the morning paper.

Wouldn't that be nice? :D But I don't want to take away a single second of sleep. That's why I shower at night when I can - that way I get to sleep 'til 7:00, and get out of the house by 7:25 or so. Thank heavens my husband makes the lunches and assists in bedmaking. :D
    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Rock on with your bad self.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Be excellent to each other. ~ Abraham Lincoln

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
  • curlymelcurlymel Posts: 359Registered Users
    I don't make the bed. I only do if guests are coming over. I don't really have the patience, and don't really see the point. And right now I have a million pillows on the bed that I need to sleep comfortably (being pregnant), so it would be way to much hassle to store all that stuff each morning.
    Type 3a/3b, fine/medium hair, modified CG since 12/2003, Using CHS Curl Keeper, Bioterra gel, Ojon, Elucence
    http://public.fotki.com/curlymel/ Password: curls

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file