What do you love about the 40s?

love yourself firstlove yourself first Registered Users Posts: 5,398
I'm not there yet, but sort of staring it down... I am truly loving 30s and trying to look ahead to what the next decade might be like.... changes in mind and body and perspective? Any thoughts to share?? :)
"Great minds discuss ideas; Average minds discuss events; Small minds discuss people."
"I think that somehow, we learn who we really are and then we live with that decision."
- Eleanor Roosevelt (both quotes)

(taking a break from posting starting late august 2009)

Comments

• SystemSystem Posts: 39,060 Administrator
    I'm looking forward to grandchildren and being able to hug, love, and spoil them and send them back to my son and his wife. :toothy7:
    Becoming even more comfortable in my own skin because each decade seems to bring more realistic self-acceptance. -- I thought this said what do you look forward to about the 40s.

Speckla
  • ninadefninadef Registered Users Posts: 243
    I LOVE feeling more secure about myself, not worring about what anyone thinks about what I think, how I look and what I do.
    I love being more knowledgable in my field and being able to handle different kinds o f people ( and THEIR personality disorders).
    I love discovering new interests, traveling by myself and not being shy about talking to whoever.
    I love my body, it keeps getting better, although it does need a little more... "help".
    I love feeling the total unnessesity of someone commenting "but you don't look 42" 'cause it really doesn't matter anymore.
    I love my greys, my strands of wisdom and of life happening.

I love my 40's because I've never loved myself more than now!
  • love yourself firstlove yourself first Registered Users Posts: 5,398
    Thanks for replies on my thread!! Both are great!

Nina, I feel most of that now, so feel good that 40s will be more of what 30s have evolved into being.... knowing, loving and accepting myself.

Additional thoughts are welcome, especially on the contrast between 30s and 40s and what's different in one decade to the next.
    "Great minds discuss ideas; Average minds discuss events; Small minds discuss people."
    "I think that somehow, we learn who we really are and then we live with that decision."

• MarMar Registered Users Posts: 3,004 Curl Neophyte
    I love finally not caring what OTHER people think.
    I am ME :)
    "what's so funny 'bout peace, love and understanding?"

"If you judge people,you have no time to love them"
    -Mother Theresa
  • kcurlskcurls Registered Users Posts: 205
    Mar wrote: »
    I love finally not caring what OTHER people think.
    I am ME :)

What she said!
    3A - fine, just above shoulder length, w/red color and highlights.

Product: Suave Coconut leave in, Joico Joiwhip mousse, Angell or F/X Curl booster on wet hair. Sometimes rotate in ReCoil/CK.

Routine: Scrunch with cloth diapers, then use Shellynot's clipping method. Diffuse a bit without touching hair. Leave clips in at least half and hour. Remove clips and air dry.

Day 2: Pineapple, no product.

DT once a week with DevaCare OneC

ALSO:
    "I got a crush on Obama."
    Thanks for replies! Anyone else???

• CaleilaniCaleilani Registered Users Posts: 728
    When I hit 40 in March I'll let you know.But,I'm comfortable in my own skin and don't care what everyone thinks of me either.I've been having more health problems though approaching 40.
    3B-3C, alittle past tailbone length,age:41 years
  • 2poodles2poodles Registered Users Posts: 2,485 Curl Connoisseur
    I think in some ways, the response to the 40's will depend on one's stage in life. For instance, those who didn't have children until later might have a different experience than those who had their family in their 20's. I had my 3 kids by the time I was 30. I'm 45 now, so my "baby" is 15. At this stage, I really like having the luxury of time to discover who I really am - independent of being a wife and a mommy. I'm enjoying exploring new interests and hobbies while watching my kids become their own people as well. My 20's and 30's were consumed with caring for my family. My 50's and 60's will likely revolve in large part around my kids' weddings and grandkids. My 40's are for me! :icescream:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]2Poodles :flower: Southeast PA
    fine, med porosity, normal elasticity
    Currently using the following 2 - 3 x/week:
    Living Proof Perfect Hair Day suphate-free Poo, cone-free CO and styling treatment, plus KCCC

2 Poodles,

I really agree with you. I think that "lifestyle differences" in terms of marriage and children really do create deep distinctions in the 40s.. Some women will be grandmothers and some will be childless and/or still single. There is a big gap between those experiences.

Also, I am sensing that physically, the 40s are going to suck. Mentally and emotionally it might be a great age (and I am hoping for the best). But physical changes seem like they will be unwelcome. I am going to have to deal with it by developing even better health habits including diet, exercise and sleep. While those good habits might be optional in your 20s and less important in 30s, I think they will be critical to looking and feeling my best as I stare down 40s..

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file