Has anyone tried this homemade DT from Jessicurl creator?

Has anyone tried this DT from the creator of Jessicurl? If you have, did it work, or was it a waste of time? The recipe is below, she gave the recipe when she was on the Rachel Ray cooking show in October, I didn't watch it, didn't know she was on, but I found this on the Rachel Ray web site.

Jessicurl homemade deep treatment for hair.

1 banana
1 can coconut milk
1 avacado
1 tbsp olive oil
1 tbsp honey

Blend the ingredients in a blender, pour into an ice cube tray and freeze it.
Thaw one of the cubes when you need a deep treatment.

Please let me know how this works or has worked for you... thanks!

Comments

• danielleydanielley Registered Users Posts: 24
    yes! ive made that before and i absolutly love it! the next day i dont have to put anything in my hair, its amazing. i didn't know that jessicurl made it. the icecube trays are a good idea, i just put it in a bowl haha. i also didnt have a blender which made things a little harder, but it still turned out well. its deffinitly a good dt, for me atleast.
    :]
    loving the curls
    3a/3b-CG
    pw: curlies

cowash: suave naturals alternating with low poo
    co: b2b pomegranate peach mixed with burt's bees grapefruit and sugar beet
    products: HE set me up gel, VO5 condish and angell mixed together, and HE totally twisted mousse
  • GettinControlGettinControl Registered Users Posts: 828
    Is this used with heat?
    3a/b medium/coarse combo(w/some fine strands), normal porosity, normal elasticity(strong)
    Komaza analysis 2015: medium to coarse combo(some fine strands), normal porosity, strong elasticity, healthy hair
    Goosefootprints 2013: moderately coarse with some medium; low porosity at roots, normal thru shaft, porous ends, normal elasticity
  • aprettyrockaprettyrock Registered Users Posts: 50
    Is this used with heat?

I used mine with heat. I'm sure you can do it without heat as it's very rich.

I also did my treatment after a cowash. It worked really well.
    ~Yazmin~

My hair - 3c: MOP Mixed Greens cowash - MOP Hydrating Conditioner - MOP Extreme Moisture - Aura Hypoallergenic Gel or AG Re:coil
    Website Development ☆ ← What I Do → ★ Handcrafted, Limited Edition Jewelry
  • GettinControlGettinControl Registered Users Posts: 828
    Thank you for responding! I've tried it once without heat next time I will try it with heat. Yes, it seems rich and smells good too.
    3a/b medium/coarse combo(w/some fine strands), normal porosity, normal elasticity(strong)
    Komaza analysis 2015: medium to coarse combo(some fine strands), normal porosity, strong elasticity, healthy hair
    Goosefootprints 2013: moderately coarse with some medium; low porosity at roots, normal thru shaft, porous ends, normal elasticity
  • merebearmerebear Registered Users Posts: 190
    would that recipe work well for damaged/dry hair...I recently highlighted and now I am paying for it. Thanks so much for posting!!!:sunny:
    MereBear
    2B-2C - very wavy with loose ringlets

:wav:
  • KaisercurlsKaisercurls Registered Users Posts: 100
    I just did this to my hair.
    I am not sure that I like it yet. I colored my hair, then put this DT on but I am not sure what happened. I was not able to finger comb my hair in the shower. I rinsed then put my conditioner on. I followed the reciepe exactly. I used heat. Did I do something wrong?
    :occasion9:
    Or is it normal to rinse then put conditioner in you hair?
    I am a 2c w/spirals underneath! 35 years old with 85% white hair. I am currently using DevaOne everyday with No Poo. I am using Smooth N Shine Gel Conditioner Extra-Hold on my course hair and it works awesome for 3 bucks. I found putting Color Magic into my hair color really covers the gray well. :blob7:
  • fluffywonderdoodlefluffywonderdoodle Registered Users Posts: 316
    I tried it once (it makes a lot!). The ingredients are awesome, and I thought it would really help my hair a lot. But when I rinsed it out, my hair felt similar to that "squeaky clean" feeling after using a really harsh shampoo. I had to use conditioner, and my hair felt a little oily that night. The next day my hair was really soft though! It's strange... maybe it was too moisturizing for my hair? (Although I have the driest hair in the world!)
  • KaisercurlsKaisercurls Registered Users Posts: 100
    This stuff really dried out my hair. I have really pourus hair. My daughters hair did great, but mine was dry and is STILL dry!
    I am a 2c w/spirals underneath! 35 years old with 85% white hair. I am currently using DevaOne everyday with No Poo. I am using Smooth N Shine Gel Conditioner Extra-Hold on my course hair and it works awesome for 3 bucks. I found putting Color Magic into my hair color really covers the gray well. :blob7:
  • InfraredheadInfraredhead Registered Users Posts: 335
    Holy smokes..you are right this recipe makes a LOT of treatments. I only had two ice cube trays and ended up using a muffin tin lined with the little paper liners for cupcakes! Will try it out tomorrow but thank you for posting that recipe.
    Mod CG since April of 2007.
  • sweetsevensweetseven BelgiumRegistered Users Posts: 409
    Thanks for sharing! I tried this dt a few days ago, I was really pleased with the results. My hair was moisturized and felt so soft. I'll continue to use this once a week.
    3B/3C
    medium/coarse and porous

wash: KC Come Clean, Flower Peddler Northern Lights soap bar
    conditioner: YTT, YTC, KCKT, Shescentit GT&H, Shescentit Avocado, DB Pumpkin Seed, Garnier Ultra Doux, Mop Top daily conditioner
    styler: KCCC, HEBE, homemade fsg, DM MCCG, AOMM
    dt: banana and avocado mask, nexxus emergencee, Shescentit TT&GH, ayurvedic powders, SS RPT
    butters: Jane Carter N&S, Afroveda Curly Custard, Afroveda Cocolatte, Shescentit Gillian, Shescentit Seyani

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file