Dimethicone and CG, am I nuts?

mirdreamsmirdreams Registered Users Posts: 23
Ok, so I haven't use real shampoo in a real long time. I only use low poo (DevaRed) maybe once a month and only starting doing that since this summer, otherwise I co wash (VO5 Kiwi & Lime) or no poo (DevaRed) once or twice a week. But I always use Pantene's Red Expressions Conditioner as my detangler 'cause it's the best detangler I've ever used and I end up tearing a lot fewer hairs. It has dimethicone in it. This should not be a water soluble cone so why don't I have tons of build up?? Or, given that my hair is way smoother and more managable than it was a few years ago (which I had been chalking up to being CG and it just getting longer and heavier), am I getting a build up of silicone that's actually good for my hair? Is that even possible?

I feel like maybe I'm turning into the bionic woman, with artificial hair.
3B, No Shampoo Since 2002, Brown w/ Redish Highlights, Butt Length when wet
Routine:"Shampoo": DevaRed No-Poo (Occasional Low-Poo), Detangler: Pantene Pro-V Red Expressions (Wide Tooth Comb with detangler in), Leave-in: Lucky Kentucky Conditioner, Gel: LA Looks Frizz Control (Plop with leave-in then Gel then put it on the top of my head Pebbles Flintstone style with a bead scrunchie. Wrap with Micro-Fiber Towel for a while then take towel off and go to bed.)

Comments

• Gemini13Gemini13 Registered Users Posts: 5,000
    You can remove dimethicone with a cleanser containing coco. betaine, and I'm pretty sure Low Poo contains this.
    Brooklyn, NY

Hair: 3A/B, Underlayer of 2B
    HG products:
    Winter- Giovanni Tea Tree (co-wash) & 50/50 (condish); Curl Junkie Curl Assurance Leave-In; Curls Milkshake & Quenched Curls; Re:coil; BRHG
    Summer: DevaCurl No Poo & OneC; CK; Re:coil; BRHG; Honey!!!

fotki pw= crrrls
  • mirdreamsmirdreams Registered Users Posts: 23
    Then Hazzah to Ricky's for having a sale or I wouldn't have ever tried it. Thanks Gemini!
    3B, No Shampoo Since 2002, Brown w/ Redish Highlights, Butt Length when wet
    Routine:"Shampoo": DevaRed No-Poo (Occasional Low-Poo), Detangler: Pantene Pro-V Red Expressions (Wide Tooth Comb with detangler in), Leave-in: Lucky Kentucky Conditioner, Gel: LA Looks Frizz Control (Plop with leave-in then Gel then put it on the top of my head Pebbles Flintstone style with a bead scrunchie. Wrap with Micro-Fiber Towel for a while then take towel off and go to bed.)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file