CurlTalk

returning to old name

Anthro IncarnateAnthro Incarnate Posts: 555Registered Users
I want to go back to being Anthro Mädchen, but it won't let me. It keeps saying I can't use a name already registered/reserved to someone else. But *I'm* that someone else...how do I get my old name back?
póg mo thóin

Comments

• GretchenGretchen Administrator Posts: 8,424Administrators, Moderators Administrator
    Are you trying to re-register using that name?

Gretchen
    NaturallyCurly.com co-founder
    3A

You are beautiful!
  • Anthro IncarnateAnthro Incarnate Posts: 555Registered Users
    No--I'm going to my profile and changing the displayed name.
    póg mo thóin
  • GretchenGretchen Administrator Posts: 8,424Administrators, Moderators Administrator
    Hm. I thought that'd how it was supposed to work. Lemme check.

Gretchen
    3A

You are beautiful!
    Thanks icon_smile.gif
    póg mo thóin
    Well, heck. I can' t get it to work, either. How stupid. I'm not sure what to do. I'll see if I can come up with something.
    póg mo thóin
    <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Anthro Madchen:
    Well, heck. I can' t get it to work, either. How stupid. I'm not sure what to do. I'll see if I can come up with something.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

How did that post happen? I didn't post anything like that anywhere on this board....
    póg mo thóin
  • SisaSisa Posts: 759Registered Users
    <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Anthro Madchen:

How did that post happen? I didn't post anything like that anywhere on this board....
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Anthro...

I'll bet it was Gretchen "speaking" there!

She probably logged in under your handle, decided to reply to you, but did so forgetting to log off as you, and log back in as herself.

That's my best guess, at least... icon_smile.gif
    Sisa, you're a genius. I was trying to fix Anthro's login, and forgot to log back in as myself! Duh! Sorry for the confusion!

At any rate, Anthro appears to be Anthro Madchen again! Minus the umlaut; not sure why that vanished.

Gretchen
    3A

You are beautiful!
    Has that bug been fixed? I want to play word-of-the-day Anthro again, but I'm hesitant to leave Madchen for fears of not being able to return.
    póg mo thóin
    Nope. And I have to say it's not at the top of my priority list. I'm sorry!

Gretchen
    3A

You are beautiful!
  • hang on loopyhang on loopy Posts: 8Registered Users
    I can't go back to my nickname either. icon_sad.gif

I feel for you Anthro (mostly because I feel bummed for me, too.)

Gretchen, if this starts affecting more members maybe it could move slightly up on your priority list?
    3b hair
    "It must be nice to always believe you know better, to always think you're the smartest person in the room."

"No, it's awful."

Quote from Broadcast News
    Sorry, Loopy. I'll check into it!

Gretchen
    3A

You are beautiful!

Leave a Comment