Curl away (non-chemical)curl relaxer?

dryballdryball Registered Users Posts: 18
Has anyone tried this product? Since I'm so chicken about chemical relaxers I might try this....but just wanted to ask whetehr anyone has any experience from it:compress:

Comments

• audeoaudeo Registered Users Posts: 42
    I tried it on frizzy, 3b/c hair. It smells bad and made my scalp itch. I tried leaving it on overnight and would not be able to sleep well. It seemed to get worse every night. The effects are very slow and I didn't see any in the few times I tried it. They say the more you use it the better it works, but I couldn't take the itchy scalp.
  • akilamoniqueakilamonique Registered Users Posts: 302
    I used this last year, during my first try at natural hair. I was trying to transition at the time(I have since done the BC). I hate the smell!! My entire house smelled like vinegar for days. I did not see a dramatic difference in my "natural roots", but I also did not pull my hair back into a tight pony and blow dry it like it tells you to do. HOWEVER, after using curlaway was the only time my relaxed hair had EVER been soft. My hair felt so good!!
    I used it a few more times with the same result. I don't use it any more, because I now sporting a twa.
    Would I use it again, definitely not on my natural hair. If for some reason I go back to a relaxer, maybe.
    ACV Rinse 2-3 times a week
    Nature's Gate Biotin Conditioner
    Curly Kinks: Satin Root, Coil Jam
    Castor oil on scalp
  • dryballdryball Registered Users Posts: 18
    ^So it's not that harsh then since you could use it on relaxed hair? But I was thinking about using this on natural hair to soften it and make it straight...hope it will help somewhat. Not good that both of you hated the smell, have to put up with that yuk

By the way, could I just ask what you meant by the following "I now sporting a twa" and what is BC?:profileright:
  • akilamoniqueakilamonique Registered Users Posts: 302
    dryball wrote: »
    ^So it's not that harsh then since you could use it on relaxed hair? But I was thinking about using this on natural hair to soften it and make it straight...hope it will help somewhat. Not good that both of you hated the smell, have to put up with that yuk

By the way, could I just ask what you meant by the following "I now sporting a twa" and what is BC?:profileright:

Last year I was transitioning from relaxer to natural. In Nov. I did the BC=Big Chop, and now I have a TWA(teeny weeney afro). About 2 1/2 inches of growth.
    ACV Rinse 2-3 times a week
    Nature's Gate Biotin Conditioner
    Curly Kinks: Satin Root, Coil Jam
    Castor oil on scalp

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file