CurlTalk

Does Anyone Use The Curl Junkie Product Line????

akilamoniqueakilamonique Posts: 302Registered Users
I'm looking for a 4a or 4b that uses curl junkie. Right now I am using KT and [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/Kinky-Curly-Curling-Custard-p-778.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=kinkycurly-curling-custard]KCCC[/buylink]. It's my first product for my newly natural hair. I have a 2 1/2in TWA(just measured today). I have been successful with the KT and [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/Kinky-Curly-Curling-Custard-p-778.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=kinkycurly-curling-custard]KCCC[/buylink] but I would like to try something else. I'm looking at the Curl Junkie line, but I can't find out much. Any suggestions for a 4a/4b mix?
ACV Rinse 2-3 times a week
Nature's Gate Biotin Conditioner
Curly Kinks: Satin Root, Coil Jam
Castor oil on scalp

Comments

• spiderlashes5000spiderlashes5000 Posts: 17,495Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Not a 4a or 4b but I use several of the products and love them. The creator of the line is a 4a/b...you can email (via the CJ website) her and ask her for recs.

• akilamoniqueakilamonique Posts: 302Registered Users
    Not a 4a or 4b but I use several of the products and love them. The creator of the line is a 4a/b...you can email (via the CJ website) her and ask her for recs.

thanks
    ACV Rinse 2-3 times a week
    Nature's Gate Biotin Conditioner
    Curly Kinks: Satin Root, Coil Jam
    Castor oil on scalp
  • FrizzBgoneFrizzBgone Posts: 2,678Registered Users
    I'm only a 3-a .. but I love the line as well.
    Type: 3a fine & dense,with normal porosity, terrible product junkie
    ROUTINE: LI, enhancer, gel, plop with Curlease towel, serum product (either CIAB or Gel-les'c), clip & diffuse.
    Too many favourite products to list ... I finally have my routine that works and alot of products to choose from. My product stash is huge, but well loved !!!
  • kdcreighkdcreigh Posts: 736Registered Users
    I use the honey creme leave-in. I really like it- it's very moisturizing and it weighs down my hair. I air-dry my hair, so I use it sparingly otherwise I get white residue.
    YES WE CAN!

kdcreigh 4a and b (who knows?:dontknow:)

Relegated to occasional lurking in order to keep the PJ in check!
    :lurk:

/home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fpublic.fotki.com%2Fkdcreigh%2F" class="Popup
    PW: natural
  • xcptnlxcptnl Posts: 15,678Registered Users
    I use the coffeecoco curl cream and really like it. I put it on right after I shut the shower off - I find it encourages my nonclumping hair to clump. I am not a 4a though :sad8:
    Central Massachusetts

One good reason to only maintain a small circle of friends is that three out of four murders are committed by people who know the victim. ~George Carlin~

In regards to Vagazzling: They just want to get into the goods without worrying about getting scratched up by fake crystals. ~spring1onu~
  • curlmamacurlmama Posts: 24Registered Users
    I am a 4a and I like the Coco-Milk conditioner as a light conditioner or as a leave in. I love the Hibiscus and Banana Butta as a leave in and I like the Hibiscus and Banana Deep Fix for co-washing.
    4a hair
    I use Kinky Curly Knot Today and Kinky Curly Curling Custard. My daughters are 3c and 4b.
  • teshonteshon Posts: 1,127Registered Users
    kdcreigh wrote: »
    I use the honey creme leave-in. I really like it- it's very moisturizing and it weighs down my hair. I air-dry my hair, so I use it sparingly otherwise I get white residue.

Kdcreigh, aren't you protein sensitive? I can't remember, sorry. How would you say this compares to the Hibiscus & Banana Honey Butter Leave-In? Back in July(2007) sometime, I ordered this one and it was horrible!! It left a bad taste in my mouth as far as the CJ line goes. I'm kinda scared to try anything else.
    3c-4a; Protein Sensitive(forms of wheat, keratin, soy and anything "hydrolyzed"). My hair hates coconut oil and jojoba oil(sometimes).
    /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fphotobucket.com%2Fteshon" class="Popup PW: crazycurls
    Youtube Channel: /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fuser%2Fteshonandfamily" class="Popup
  • kdcreighkdcreigh Posts: 736Registered Users
    teshon wrote: »

Kdcreigh, aren't you protein sensitive? I can't remember, sorry. How would you say this compares to the Hibiscus & Banana Honey Butter Leave-In? Back in July(2007) sometime I ordered this one and it was horrible!! It Left a bad taste in my mouth as far as the CJ line goes. I'm kinda scared to try anything else.

Hi, Teshon,

Yes, I'm protein sensitive. Generally speaking, I can't use protein-containing products for more than a few days in a row. I've been alternating the Afrodetangler with the Curl Junkie honey creme leave-in. Lately I've been co-washing every three days so after my co-wash, I'll change the leave-in. I haven't had any build-up so far (I've been shampooing once every two weeks).

The honey creme leave-in is lighter than the honey butta. It's a very thick liquid (it comes in a bottle). It absorbs into my hair more easily but it still takes about 10 minutes to completely vanish. PM me if you'd like a sample of it.:wink:

I've been re-trying several products because when I first went natural (a little over a year ago) I had unrealistic expectations of both my hair and the products that I was using. My hair is also very different now. I had a scary amount of post-partum shedding and cut my hair pretty short over the summer in order to even it out. I have a completely new head of hair now that is not under the influence of pregnancy hormones!:)
    YES WE CAN!

kdcreigh 4a and b (who knows?:dontknow:)

Relegated to occasional lurking in order to keep the PJ in check!
    :lurk:

/home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fpublic.fotki.com%2Fkdcreigh%2F" class="Popup
    PW: natural
  • teshonteshon Posts: 1,127Registered Users
    teshon wrote: »

Kdcreigh, aren't you protein sensitive? I can't remember, sorry. How would you say this compares to the Hibiscus & Banana Honey Butter Leave-In? Back in July(2007) sometime I ordered this one and it was horrible!! It Left a bad taste in my mouth as far as the CJ line goes. I'm kinda scared to try anything else.

Hi, Teshon,

Yes, I'm protein sensitive. Generally speaking, I can't use protein-containing products for more than a few days in a row. I've been alternating the Afrodetangler with the Curl Junkie honey creme leave-in. Lately I've been co-washing every three days so after my co-wash, I'll change the leave-in. I haven't had any build-up so far (I've been shampooing once every two weeks).

The honey creme leave-in is lighter than the honey butta. It's a very thick liquid (it comes in a bottle). It absorbs into my hair more easily but it still takes about 10 minutes to completely vanish. PM me if you'd like a sample of it.:wink:

I've been re-trying several products because when I first went natural (a little over a year ago) I had unrealistic expectations of both my hair and the products that I was using. My hair is also very different now. I had a scary amount of post-partum shedding and cut my hair pretty short over the summer in order to even it out. I have a completely new head of hair now that is not under the influence of pregnancy hormones!:)

Oh, cool! Congratulations! I can alternate hair products with protein every couple of days, also . I tried this a few months ago with Elucence and It worked. But for some reason, with the honey butta my hair became dried out instantly! It was a while ago when I tried it, though. I want to say that I may have only used it twice, but I can't quite remember(I have to check my notebook). I'd be willing to try a sample of the Honey Creme Leave-in to compare. Thanks, I'll PM you!
    3c-4a; Protein Sensitive(forms of wheat, keratin, soy and anything "hydrolyzed"). My hair hates coconut oil and jojoba oil(sometimes).
    /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fphotobucket.com%2Fteshon" class="Popup PW: crazycurls
    Youtube Channel: /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fuser%2Fteshonandfamily" class="Popup