Jessicurl HCC quick question

Is [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/Jessicurl-Hair-Cleansing-Cream-p-103.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=jessicurl-hair-cleansing-cream]Jessicurl hair cleansing cream[/buylink] considered a "no poo" or a "low poo?"

I've been having really good luck following CG and I'm curious. I would imagine that [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/Jessicurl-Gentle-Lather-Shampoo-p-363.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=jessicurl-gentle-lather-shampoo]Jessicurl's gentle lather shampoo[/buylink] would be more of a "low poo," right? I used to use that everyday.

I guess it doesn't matter, really. I try to watch my hair to see what it needs. So far, for almost the past two weeks my hair has been awesome without any shampoo, just cowashing and gel.

Thanks,
Linda

A happy life is just a string of happy moments. But most people don't allow the happy moment, because they're so busy
trying so hard to get a happy life.
Abraham-Hicks

Comments

• JLRcurlyJLRcurly Registered Users Posts: 245
    I don't know for sure but I would think it's a low poo, it does lather some but I don't know exactly what ingredients make no poo vs low.
    JEN :hello2:3b, currently bored with my hair.
  • NetGNetG Registered Users Posts: 8,116
    I think no-poo vs. low-poo is just a phrase associated with deva products, not a true description for other people's products.

If you want something with no sulfates and none of the other harsh cleansers which are bad for your hair, Jessicurl works well. If you want to stick to labels and titles, and avoid products you know work well for you, I guess maybe it matters... but your hair doesn't care what label you put on the cleansers, just cares if they work for you or not. That applies to Jessicurl or any other products. I know for me I have to stay away from sulfates and proteins, because both make my hair miserably dry and split ends, but silicones don't really bother my hair (other than buildup.) So that's what I watch for. Just figure out what works for *you* and go with that.
    The pews never miss a sermon but that doesn't get them one step closer to Heaven.
    -Speckla

But at least the pews never attend yoga!
  • agoldenloveragoldenlover Registered Users Posts: 64
    Thanks for your replies! I also don't know what ingredients officially make a product a low-poo vs. a no-poo. Low-poo and No-poo are really just names for Deva products, right?

I've been having such good hair days following CG and only co-washing! But, I have a feeling that eventually I might to need to use some kind of cleanser once or twice a month and I have both JC GLS and [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/Jessicurl-Hair-Cleansing-Cream-p-103.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=jessicurl-hair-cleansing-cream]JC HCC[/buylink] at home.

I'm trying not to undo all the good CG has done for my hair. I'll try the HCC if/when I feel the need. It fits the profile: no sulfates, no harsh cleansers, no cones, no drying alcohols, etc. (Did I forget anything?) A little protein once in a while for me is OK, but HCC doesn't have that either.

I just wanted to know is HCC considered a shampoo or not- if someone says "Do you ever use shampoo?" I would say "Yes, once in a while, with a mild non-sulfate cleanser."

Right? Right-o!
    Linda

A happy life is just a string of happy moments. But most people don't allow the happy moment, because they're so busy
    Abraham-Hicks
  • JerseyCurlJerseyCurl Registered Users Posts: 945
    Is [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/Jessicurl-Hair-Cleansing-Cream-p-103.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=jessicurl-hair-cleansing-cream]Jessicurl hair cleansing cream[/buylink] considered a "no poo" or a "low poo?"

I've been having really good luck following CG and I'm curious. I would imagine that [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/Jessicurl-Gentle-Lather-Shampoo-p-363.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=jessicurl-gentle-lather-shampoo]Jessicurl's gentle lather shampoo[/buylink] would be more of a "low poo," right? I used to use that everyday.

I guess it doesn't matter, really. I try to watch my hair to see what it needs. So far, for almost the past two weeks my hair has been awesome without any shampoo, just cowashing and gel.

Thanks,
    Linda

Low Poo.
    "Wonder Twin Powers, Activate! "
  • agoldenloveragoldenlover Registered Users Posts: 64
    Thanks Jersey Girl,

I tried the HCC and much to my surprise, I found it to be kind of drying! Maybe my hair is so pampered from the co-washing that even HCC seems drying!

I found some Activate shampoo on sale at Big Lots. It seemed a little less drying but I'm not sure because I only used it once- I hardly ever shampoo anymore.

Have a good hair day!
    Linda

Abraham-Hicks

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file