salon reviews

atrianaatriana Registered Users Posts: 1
There seems to be a place to rave about salons/stylists - what about a place to rant?

I am traveling this week and based on the recommendations on the review section, I made an appointment with a specific stylist in Overland Park, Kansas. I had a 10 am appointment, by 11:40 he still hadn't shown up, called, or answered his cell phone or pager. The salon offered me another stylist. I asked him if he was familiar with the CG routine - he said yes.
This guy used shampoo, permanant color, cut my hair wet, towel dried it, etc and the best part was when he was walking me out to reception gave me a big speech about "how I needed to start using shampoo on my hair as all hair needs to be washed". Of course, saying this in a crowded reception room full of straight haired people who don't have a clue about no-poo was quite embarr***ing.

I wouldn't want anyone else to have to go through this - especially if they are going based on a site recommendation. Is there a place for dissenting opinions?

Comments

• rouquinnerouquinne Registered Users Posts: 13,737 Curl Connoisseur
    the concept of salon "reviews" should certainly be open to negative, as well as positive, ones.

it's a lot more difficult to find a place that knows how to treat curly hair properly, and when a supposedly curl-friendly salon screws up majorly, we NEED TO KNOW!!!
    My blog:

http://labellatestarossa.blogspot.ca/

Little Mother of all the Roaches, President-for-Life of the MAC Harlots!
  • GretchenGretchen Administrator Moderators Posts: 10,840 Curl Virtuoso
    We post the dissenting ones along with the positive ones on the salon pages.
    I am, however, about 45 years behind in getting them up, so if you sent it in since, like May, it's still sitting there waiting for me.

Gretchen
    NaturallyCurly.com co-founder
    3A

You are beautiful!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file