WHat vitamins do you take?

anonymous_1037anonymous_1037 Posts: 213Registered Users
What vitamins do you take for overall health? I have been taking centrum, but once i finish that I want to buy a different brand. One that ismore natural, and better for the overal health.

Comments

• Mamacurl3Mamacurl3 Posts: 1,559Registered Users
    I'm currently taking Prenatal 1, because I'm nursing. It's got lots of the right vitamins for what I need at this point in my life.
    Type: 3a/3b, fine-medium
    Cleanse: hg:whispering windz farm jar soaps,
    Moisture/Co rinse: GVP conditioning balm
    DT: Jessicurl's dt
    Leave in: KCKT
    Definition: kccc
    Hold: rotating: gvp liquid scuplting gel
    ACV rinse bi-weekly
    http://s722.photobucket.com/albums/ww223/mamacurl7/
    "My father says almost the whole world's asleep...He says only a few people are awake. And they live in a state of constant, total amazement."
    Traveling? http://katiebutton.rovia.com/
  • SystemSystem Posts: 39,060 Administrator
    B1
    B6
    B12
    C
    Fish oil
    Corral Calcium
    Royal Jelly
    I also take a multi-vitamin that has Biotin, More b's, folic acid, Magnesium and other assorted minerals that work together.

1) I don't eat meat 2) I don't eat dairy.

Speckla
  • kcurlskcurls Posts: 205Registered Users
    Calcium
    Fish Oil
    Lysine
    Biotin
    Vit D (monthly)
    5HTP (for seratonin levels, e.g. mood))

I try to take capsules or gel caps if at all possible - I read somewhere that some tablets don't break down well, and you won't get the full benefits. I remember something about a test wherein you put your tablet in a glass of vinegar, which approximates stomach acid. if the pill hasn't dissolved in 20 minutes, it probably won't dissolve in your stomach (not sure of all the details here, but I hope the general idea is clear!)
    3A - fine, just above shoulder length, w/red color and highlights.

Product: Suave Coconut leave in, Joico Joiwhip mousse, Angell or F/X Curl booster on wet hair. Sometimes rotate in ReCoil/CK.

Routine: Scrunch with cloth diapers, then use Shellynot's clipping method. Diffuse a bit without touching hair. Leave clips in at least half and hour. Remove clips and air dry.

Day 2: Pineapple, no product.

DT once a week with DevaCare OneC

ALSO:
    "I got a crush on Obama."
  • SystemSystem Posts: 39,060 Administrator
    kcurls wrote: »
    I remember something about a test wherein you put your tablet in a glass of vinegar, which approximates stomach acid. if the pill hasn't dissolved in 20 minutes, it probably won't dissolve in your stomach (not sure of all the details here, but I hope the general idea is clear!)

That is correct. My supplements are natural from whole food sources and start to disolve in my mouth...yuck!! I usually take them with yogurt.

Speckla
  • JessieC777JessieC777 Posts: 40Registered Users
    a womens one a day and flax oil capsules
  • JessieC777JessieC777 Posts: 40Registered Users
    Speckla wrote: »
    kcurls wrote: »
    I remember something about a test wherein you put your tablet in a glass of vinegar, which approximates stomach acid. if the pill hasn't dissolved in 20 minutes, it probably won't dissolve in your stomach (not sure of all the details here, but I hope the general idea is clear!)

That is correct. My supplements are natural from whole food sources and start to disolve in my mouth...yuck!! I usually take them with yogurt.

Speckla

Ooo that's interesting...I never thought of that. It completely makes sense though
  • Hairblogger â„¢Hairblogger â„¢ Posts: 564Registered Users
    I'm semi-vegan and have an auto-immuno disorder and take the following 4 things to supplement my dietary intake:

Essentail nectar [liquid] multi (www.ewi.com)
    Swanson 5mg biotin [capsules] (www.swansonvitamins.com)
    Organic flax seed oil (at swanson's)
    8th Continent original (fat-free) soy milk! (any grocer)
    **If you're allergic to soy, there's also a pretty good rice-milk brand out, but I forget the name of it--but, I think they have it at trader joe's.
    'Goddess Hair & Skin Recipe Book' devotee 4life!

Co-Wash: Aubrey O. HoneySuckleRose Cond.
    Poo: 1-2x ~monthly~ w/AO 'poo+Baking Soda
    DT: Honey + any Aubrey Condish
    Leave-Ins: Sheamoisture / RJML Cactus / KBBmilk!

[/COLOR]

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file