BC!

mikievoramikievora Registered Users Posts: 83
i just finished doing my bc! i couldnt take it any more and cut like 3 or 4 in of straight ends off. im pretty sure i didnt do the best job and am going to have to see a stylist. AND ive got some kind of crazy mulletish-looking fro. altogether, its kinda scary and im afraid i look like crap right now, but i can at least get it into a pony puff thing, so, ill probably be doing that for quite a while. im gonna try not to blow it straight or flat iron it, and will start co-washing as often as possible. thanks for getting me to this point folks! sorry, no pics yet...
Frizz Central!

Comments

• mariag002mariag002 Registered Users Posts: 3,557 Curl Neophyte
    mikievora wrote: »
    i just finished doing my bc! i couldnt take it any more and cut like 3 or 4 in of straight ends off. im pretty sure i didnt do the best job and am going to have to see a stylist. AND ive got some kind of crazy mulletish-looking fro. altogether, its kinda scary and im afraid i look like crap right now, but i can at least get it into a pony puff thing, so, ill probably be doing that for quite a while. im gonna try not to blow it straight or flat iron it, and will start co-washing as often as possible. thanks for getting me to this point folks! sorry, no pics yet...

I can't believe I didn't see this post till now...
    CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!
    - Maria

Big Chop: 9/23/07
    Relaxer free for almost 5 years!

• mikievoramikievora Registered Users Posts: 83
    i put a few pics in my fotki...

i kinda had a meltdown this morning trying to figure out how to get my hair to not look like clown hair. finally figured out the look in my fotki now and am happy with that. i started crying. it was horrible. i guess this is why folks BC earlier on huh?
    Frizz Central!
    Well you transitioned for a year and a half right? I don't how you did it, I give you credit for holding on to two textures for so long I would've gone mad.

BTW saw your pictures and your hair looks fantastic! It was hard to see your hair before with all the relax ends. Love the curls! Its been almost 4 months for me and I still look in the mirror and wonder who the heck is that staring back at me LOL I absolutely love my natural hair, but I'm hoping that as my hair grows I'll learn to love the person looking back at me.

No go out there and spend all your hard earned cash on hair products! :occasion9:
    - Maria

• LadydncingLadydncing Registered Users Posts: 964
    mikievora wrote: »
    i put a few pics in my fotki...

i kinda had a meltdown this morning trying to figure out how to get my hair to not look like clown hair. finally figured out the look in my fotki now and am happy with that. i started crying. it was horrible. i guess this is why folks BC earlier on huh?

Congratulations Mikevora!!!:occasion9:

I also shed a few tears in the beginning. The beginning after a BC is a very hard period of dealing with your natural texture. However, now comes the fun part! Experimenting! Glad that you've figure out something that works. Looking forward to seeing more pics! :smile:
    Maya
    3b/c CG routine
    HG line DevaCurl
    Password: Locks

event.png
  • curlee4lifecurlee4life Registered Users Posts: 219
    It looks great!!!!

Congratulations!

event.png

Germany Curly

Last Relaxer(Texturizer): Aug. 2005
    BC: May 2006

• SuburbanbushbabeSuburbanbushbabe Registered Users Posts: 15,402 Curl Neophyte
    Your hair looks beautiful in a puff. I can't believe you were able to hang on with those straight ends for so long. Congratulations, and hope you find a good stylist who knows how to cut your hair.
    Also, give yourself and your hair some time to fully transition. Cutting off the ends is not the end, pardon the pun. Your hair needs a little time to stand on its own rather than being tamed by relaxers. Condition and moisturize a lot.
    My blog - http://suburbanbushbabe.wordpress.com/
    My FOTKI - http://whatsnew.fotki.com/suburbanbushbabe/
    comic-p.jpg

Playing with my hair is a hobby. Fluffy, fine natural 4a. Goal= Healthy, beautiful hair that retains its length.
    Hear that crash? It's me falling off the CG wagon.
    thanks ladies! i held on that long out of fear, but the difficulty finally got me. i spent all last week dreading washing my hair because i didnt have the energy to blowdry it. anyway, i feel WAYYY better today about my hair. i made a mix of maybe 1/4 cup lustrasilk shea & mango protein treatment, 1/4 cup olive oil, and a tablespoon of honey, put it all in my hair, wraped in saran wrap & slept on it. that did wonders, but i can still see frizz & dryness.
    Frizz Central!
    That sounds like a awesome protein and moisturizer to put in your hair. If I wash and just let it air dry I will get frizz, too. Lately I will wash my hair, detangle, apply a little gel and put it up in a pony puff. I will then slick back the hair with some mousse so I won't have any frizzy hair. After that I'm good to go for the whole day and it stays in place.

The only way I won't have frizz is if I rollerset, but I haven't done that in two weeks because I'm trying to concentrate on moisterizing my hair and not beat it up with flatirons.
    - Maria

• jsocurleighjsocurleigh Registered Users Posts: 265
    Awwwww @ tears! I thought I'd cry too but it felt like a good pain... weird. Anyway, your puff looks fantastic and being here among all these wise curly heads will make the "getting used to" much easier.
    *AVEDA Cosmetology Graduate*
    *DEVA Trained Stylist*

4a*reformed PJ* mixologist*twistologist*extremely hair obsessed
    Twitter/@JayeEllis
  • Flower princessFlower princess Registered Users Posts: 608
    Your hair looks gorgeous.!!!Don't worry too much about your hair...a time will come when you'll really love it!:)
    All Hair is Good Hair!

It's Not What's ON Your Head, But What's IN Your Head!

Please join/follow my new blog http://vividthoughtsofglory.blogspot.com/
  • lovinmylocslovinmylocs Registered Users Posts: 137
    Congrats on the BC - it really does look great. I feel the same way when I chopped mine off. (I didn't cry because I didn't want my family to think something was wrong with me...so I sniffled.) It's overwhelming to say the least. Now comes the fun...experimenting with your texture and looks.

Go out buy some cute headbands or scarves and some great condishs and have fun.
    http://public.fotki.com/lovinmylocs/
    pass: nappy
    Scared of the big chop...nah - I chopped it off on 12.21.07
    I think I've found my HG and routine but I'm still looking for my hair twin.
    Hey twin are you out there...
    HG: Elucence MBS, VO5 Vitaburst - Grapefruit Mandarin Splash, Tigi Control Serum
    Products up for Audition: Jessicurl Too Shea, Ojon Restorative Hair Treatment and Re:Coil
    I definitely didn't cry. I was more like YEAH!! I did it!!!! :blob7::toothy7:

... then a few hours later I said oh !$#@#$@# I have to go to work tomorrow morning and I don't even know how to comb this thing! :angry7:
    - Maria

• prettywhittyprettywhitty Registered Users Posts: 19
    Congratulations!!
    3c/4a
    Length:APL
    Big Chop 1/29/2008
  • E.B.E.B. Registered Users Posts: 158
    Your hair looks pretty! Congratulations!
    thanks ladies. it has gotten way curlier this week. still really frizzy though. im co-washing everyday. going to experiment over the weekend...
    Frizz Central!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file