MARIAH CAREY, Skank or Diva?

Rastacurl RevisitedRastacurl Revisited Posts: 104Registered Users
Personally I think she's a real diva in the way that she screws up and then picks herself back up again over and over.
Supernappy, superbad, "when are you gonna put a relaxer up in that mess?"shrinking breaking TYPE 5 hair that - against all the odds - is growing quite long :)
Failed to load the poll.
Failed to load the poll.

Comments

• MzShvyMzShvy Posts: 121Registered Users
    She is definitley talented, but I think she is pretty skanky.
    MzShvy

"If we get a little crazy, blame it on the alcohol." Pat Green
  • ScarletScarlet Posts: 3,125Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Her look is skanky, but there's no denying the talent.
    The first lesson of economics is scarcity: There is never enough of anything to satisfy all those who want it. The first lesson of politics is to disregard the first lesson of economics - Thomas Sowell
  • loosecurlsloosecurls Posts: 637Registered Users
    amazing voice but SUPER SKANKY!
    Slinky's rule for NC.com:

I suppose I can't judge you because you married a serviceman and it is wartime. Boo hoo. You must be loney sitting at home with nothing else to do but pick on people. Why don't you go masterbate again?
  • msjokermsjoker Posts: 1,658Registered Users
    I agree with everyone about her talent. Her range is impressive. Although, her outfits are scandalous. It's not like she doesn't have talent and she dresses skanky like Britney. I also think Christina Aguliera has a great voice and she dresses kinda scandalous too.
    "It moisturizes my situation... preserves my sexy."
  • Rastacurl RevisitedRastacurl Revisited Posts: 104Registered Users
    msjoker wrote:
    I agree with everyone about her talent. Her range is impressive. Although, her outfits are scandalous. It's not like she doesn't have talent and she dresses skanky like Britney. I also think Christina Aguliera has a great voice and she dresses kinda scandalous too.

Yes Christina has an equally beautiful big voice and also favors skanky outfits
    Supernappy, superbad, "when are you gonna put a relaxer up in that mess?"shrinking breaking TYPE 5 hair that - against all the odds - is growing quite long :)
  • loosecurlsloosecurls Posts: 637Registered Users
    Britney & Xtina do dress trashy but I look at it from the standpoint of they're young & had people guiding them in their careers. You reach a point in your life where you realize that dressing provocatively only gets you so far.

Sadly Mariah hasn't reached this point in her life yet.
    Slinky's rule for NC.com:

I suppose I can't judge you because you married a serviceman and it is wartime. Boo hoo. You must be loney sitting at home with nothing else to do but pick on people. Why don't you go masterbate again?
  • MipMip Posts: 233Registered Users
    I don't think Mariah Carey's voice is good at all. She always seems to be whispering or shrieking, in my opinion.
  • curlyarcacurlyarca Posts: 8,449Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    her voice isn't the same as before the breakdown. still somewhat talented. she is skanky. i will never forget that booty shaking video she did in the daisy dukes. :shock:

"In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay an invincible summer."

4a, mbl, low porosity, normal thickness, fine hair.
  • geminigemini Posts: 3,325Registered Users
    I put "very talented skank," but I think there should be a selection called "moderately talented skank."

If I were her, I would dress with more class and try not to be such a train wreck. I am also very tired of the"look at me as the wind blows my blonde spaghetti hair" thing she has going on in her photos.

I also think the word "diva" has been abused in the past few years, but that's an entirely different rant.
  • SaKkehSaKkeh Posts: 986Registered Users
    I dunno about Diva, but I dont think she is a skank. I think she just lost her way a bit and got caught up in the hype of the industry and hollywood. Happens to almost every celebrity at some point. I have always thought she was among the very best voices in the business and she still is.
  • NetGNetG Posts: 8,116Registered Users
    Mip wrote:
    I don't think Mariah Carey's voice is good at all. She always seems to be whispering or shrieking, in my opinion.

Umm....yeah. I think her voice is horrible. I think she's talented at turning herself into a success, and overcoming all her personal issues, so to that extent I'd say diva.

Oh, and I love XTina's voice!
    The pews never miss a sermon but that doesn't get them one step closer to Heaven.
    -Speckla

But at least the pews never attend yoga!
  • aptheislandgirlaptheislandgirl Posts: 636Registered Users
    I used to love Mariah and still think her voice is very beautiful. After her divorce from Tommy Mottolo (which probably wasn't a bad decision) she turned total skank. She started dating/banging thugs and dressing like a tramp and in my opinion continued to decline ever since.

I can hardly bear to listen to her music now. What a waste of talent. :(
  • quickcurlquickcurl Posts: 1,310Registered Users
    If it wasn't for all of the shrieking and the the near nakedness, I wouldn't have said she was a no talent skank. I will admit that she isn't doing a lot of shrieking these days, but I'm still not thrilled. I find her just generally annoying.
    "It's hard to remember a time, when I didn't have you", Richie Sambora
    "Boys are bad and men are stupid", WB's
    "After a while, you just want to be with the one that makes you laugh" Mr. Big
  • ~Ghost Poster~~Ghost Poster~ Posts: 2,264Registered Users
    I used to love Mariah and still think her voice is very beautiful. After her divorce from Tommy Mottolo (which probably wasn't a bad decision) she turned total skank. She started dating/banging thugs and dressing like a tramp and in my opinion continued to decline ever since.

I can hardly bear to listen to her music now. What a waste of talent. :(

I agree about the waste of talent part. I would vote "talented but desperate." I think in her desperation to compete with her less talented but equally/more successful counterparts, her music choices haven't adequately showcased her voice, and she has simply resorted to the cheapest tricks in the book to sell records, which may be her own decision or that of her record label--likely both.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]d575b15bb0aa40deb59950570e3268e7.gif
    Baby fine, honey & caramel hilites, 4a/3c now 2b w/DIY BKT & LOVIN' it.
    Cowash-V05 Extra Body
    L'oreal EP Moisture-Rinse-out
    JFLVM
    BRHG mix w/
    KCCC/KCKT (winter)
    Clean-smelling-hair freak washes EOD; dry w/bowl diffuser
    Cassia+henna+grays=Gold-red hilites :love1:
    ~That you don't share my experiences/opinions doesn't invalidate them :wink:
    I wondered if it tasted like a hot dog. ~Phoenix
  • starinastarina Posts: 665Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I think she's a talented woman but has not class. And please, can she just stop with the vocal gymnastics already? I'm really tired of all of these diva's who can't leave well enough alone. They can't just sing a simple note, it has to be belabored and twisted and shrieked until you want to scream. They are all starting to sound the same to me. To be fair to Mariah, I haven't heard her latest, but I'd be surprised if it's any different. And Mariah, the world already knows that you have giant boobs, please stop exposing them all the time!
    I have 3A hair. I've discovered Jessicurl shampoo and Too Shea conditioner and I'm thrilled! Long-time LA Looks sport gel user.
  • zmanzzzzzmanzzzz Banned Posts: 3,826Banned Users
    i fell in love with her at first site when she debuted. :oops:

i have become less and less attracted to her every time ive seen her since. :(
  • Aphro-DeeziacAphro-Deeziac Posts: 983Registered Users
    Scarlet wrote:
    Her look is skanky, but there's no denying the talent.

exactly
    26560_1412644406072_1531382664_31035658_3971206_n.jpg
  • Aphro-DeeziacAphro-Deeziac Posts: 983Registered Users
    starina wrote:
    I think she's a talented woman but has not class. And please, can she just stop with the vocal gymnastics already? I'm really tired of all of these diva's who can't leave well enough alone. They can't just sing a simple note, it has to be belabored and twisted and shrieked until you want to scream. They are all starting to sound the same to me. To be fair to Mariah, I haven't heard her latest, but I'd be surprised if it's any different. And Mariah, the world already knows that you have giant boobs, please stop exposing them all the time!

her lastest cd is awesome. I stopped listening to her about 3 albums back and was very surprised at the smooth mellowness of her new stuff.
    26560_1412644406072_1531382664_31035658_3971206_n.jpg

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file