Is it wrong that I don't want to tell my Mom?

DoodlesDoodles Registered Users Posts: 1,984
So I'm going to look at a cosmetology school next week. I haven't told my mom and I'm tempted to wait until I'm actually at the school for a bit (which I know won't be possible) because the last time I looked into this field, she didn't seem 100% behind it. She kept suggesting I go into the computer field because she thinks I'm into them (only because I like to go on the internet lol) and that you can make good money in that field. Plus it's more "stable"? She doesn't dare go near a computer so to her, I'm a genius on one, I guess. :dontknow: I know she means well but I just don't need any outside doubt put into my brain, ya know?
2A/2B, fine, normal porosity

Growing out a pixie as of November 2013 :elephant:

Shampoo: Elucence MBS & Renpure Originals Argan Oil
Conditioner: Elucence MBC & Renpure Originals Argan Oil
Leave-in: CJ BeautiCurls
Stylers: BA gel & AG Re:coil

Product Junkie that keeps falling off the wagon!:tongue3:

Comments

• iris427iris427 Registered Users Posts: 6,002
    I understand. If you think it's best, I think it's ok if you don't tell her right away. But I think you should also try not to let her opinions influence your happiness as much (I know, way easier said than done)

Good luck!
  • DoodlesDoodles Registered Users Posts: 1,984
    Thanks iris! I shall keep that in mind. :) Happy New Year!!

• anonnymouseanonnymouse Registered Users Posts: 1,340 Curl Connoisseur
    I don't think it's wrong at all. My mother has a particular talent for 'popping your balloon'. She can take anything you're excited about and just be so negative about it that she'll ruin it. It may not be exactly what you anticipate from your mom, but I do understand needing to keep something from someone.

Good luck!
    I know what you mean about "popping your balloon". I thought she'd be excited for me that I finally found something I want to do, instead she tried to talk me out of it. Now that I think about it, she was the only that wasn't completely supportive of the idea.

• MeganMegan Registered Users Posts: 335
    I think it's a good idea if you think your mom will react in a way that isn't so supportive. Going to school is stressful enough and you don't need someone giving you lip about it. Some people are just toxic when it comes to happiness...lol Hopefully she isn't one of them. Remember that it's YOUR life and you need to be happy with your future job. Congrats on finding something you really enjoy and good luck! :toothy5:
  • iris427iris427 Registered Users Posts: 6,002
    Doodles, I'm supportive :) Life is short, do what you love. If you don't do the things you want because of other people, you'll end up unsatisfied and with a lot of regrets.

Happy new year to you too!
    Thanks everyone! Yes, you are iris ;)

• rouquinnerouquinne Registered Users Posts: 13,737 Curl Connoisseur
    iris427 wrote: »
    do what you love. If you don't do the things you want because of other people, you'll end up unsatisfied and with a lot of regrets.

this is completely true!!!!
    My blog:

http://labellatestarossa.blogspot.ca/

Little Mother of all the Roaches, President-for-Life of the MAC Harlots!
  • WillowWillow Registered Users Posts: 46
    Everyone did the same exact thing to me when I enrolled in cosmetology school. Just do it and go ahead and tell her. Ignore any negative comments and go on. I am 4 months into school and I know that I made the right decision. Don't let others interfere with the things that will make you happy. Good luck!
  • SharDreamerSharDreamer Registered Users Posts: 28
    Just do it.
    Socially challenged and inept? Come visit with us at the blog. Let me know if you relate and/or want to contribute. :)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file