OMG lovin' this combo

HeatherNicoleHeatherNicole Posts: 1,316Registered Users
Hey ladies,

Today was the final day of straight hair. I was going to do it again, but got lazy and said screw it, I'm rocking curls for tonight's party. Besides, my curls look better with the shirt I'm wearing. But, I digress,
anyways, I washed my hair, DTed with Joico K pak, then used some TiGi Catwalk Intense Reconstructor for a shorter DT. After that, I CO washed with Bedhead MM (which btw, I love AND I got for 11 bucks in the big huge pump bottle, ladies, make friends with a hair dresser). I then used generic PM the conditioner and Eco Styler brown gel. At first, I was freaking out b/c my hair wasn't curling and I thought straightening it had killed it, but when it started to dry I loved it.

My hair is soft, my curls look great. I'm buying some Eco Styler sometime soon. And probably that along with Nexxus Emergencee, Shea Moisture and GPB cond. However, with Eco being a protein gel maybe I don't need as much protein. So I might X the Nexxus.

I'll try to take some pics to share tonight, but if I don't I just wanted to share my great results.
Thick coarse 3c/4a prone to dryness.
Staples
Aphogee 2 Step treatment
Generic Biolage Conditioning Balm
Tigi MM Conditioner
Creme of Nature Shampoo for dry hair
KCCC
Denman D3
Giovanni Direct Leave-in
SheaMoisture Leave-in
http://public.fotki.com/MsHeatherNicole/

"Make it work!"- Tim Gunn

Comments

• mariag002mariag002 Posts: 3,557Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I hope you share your pictures with us! I am wearing my hair curly today too.
    - Maria

Big Chop: 9/23/07
    Relaxer free for almost 5 years!

• LadydncingLadydncing Posts: 964Registered Users
    Ditto can't wait to see the pictures. I bet you look fabulous!
    Have a Happy New Year and enjoy your party! :occasion9:
    Maya
    3b/c CG routine
    HG line DevaCurl
    Password: Locks

event.png
  • motherearthamothereartha Posts: 355Registered Users
    Happy New Year And Definitely Post Pics! I'm Leaving In 30! Happy New Years Ladies!
    thick, kinky, nappy, hair w/ dashes of curls
    pw: bearhair
  • foxycus02foxycus02 Posts: 918Registered Users
    I was a straighthead for New Years. After spending time with my family, I went to a lounge which was big enough to be considered a club, hot sweaty dancing. Id be doing my thing but just felt my hair growing and GROWING! The only thing that sucks with straightening.
    Heather, Im glad your combo worked. Im so scared of trying a brown or protein gel. I guess because I remember all the girls with fried hair also used to rock styles that had brown gel all over their forehead LOL.
    I love Joico Kpak. Great Reviver. I think its better than the emergencee. The KPak Shampoo is good too.
    Since youre stocking up. You might wanna try the Chi Keratin mist. Its a liquid leave in. I used it before blowdrying and straightening and sprayed a bit before I styled my curls yesterday. It leaves your hair with soft, shiny and voluminous. Dont know that it did anything for curls. but for straightening its def my new HG.

rockin' to the tune of her own beat...

comic-p.jpg
  • HeatherNicoleHeatherNicole Posts: 1,316Registered Users
    Foxycus, I know exactly what you mean about the experience with brown gel lol, but actually this is the best hold I've received without being crunchy. And I know I put on a bunch. I use Aphogee green tea keratin spray which sounds like it's about the same as the CHI Keratin Mist. I spray it on towel dried hair. I like it. Also, that's the reason why I didn't want to straighten my hair again, I didn't want it swelling. Atleast with curly hair the bigger it gets the better it looks.
    Thick coarse 3c/4a prone to dryness.
    Staples
    Aphogee 2 Step treatment
    Generic Biolage Conditioning Balm
    Tigi MM Conditioner
    Creme of Nature Shampoo for dry hair
    KCCC
    Denman D3
    Giovanni Direct Leave-in
    SheaMoisture Leave-in
    http://public.fotki.com/MsHeatherNicole/

"Make it work!"- Tim Gunn