Question re: Layers and Parts

So...it's been awhile since I last got my hair trimmed and my layers 'recalibrated'...but, I have a question...

Last time I got it cut, the gal parted it in the middle before cutting my layers. This seemd wrong at the time, since I part on the side (I have a round face and cannot do a middle part). Doesn't it stand to reason that if you cut layers when your hair was parted in the middle, that once you re-part to one side, all your layers would 'bunch up' on the opposite side?

That seems to be my issue...I part on the left, so now the left side of my hair is too long and doesn't bounce up, whereas the right side seems to have all the layers, and it bunches up.

Am I making sense? Should I get a haircut with my usual part in place??
Hair Type: 2B/3A hybrid, I believe. Had it short for about 5 years, and have since let it grow. Layers have brought out the curl...and I haven't gone 'straight' since!

http://public.fotki.com/Kimmie7448/curls-rule/

Comments

• JLRcurlyJLRcurly Posts: 245Registered Users
    I see what your saying, why don't you bring it up to your stylist. I usually part in the middle so that is how my layers are cut, but when I want a change I part to th eleft an dI kinda like how my layers fall at that angle.
    JEN :hello2:3b, currently bored with my hair.
  • jussamariejussamarie Posts: 61Registered Users
    most stylists i've been to have asked which side i part on...i just got my hair cut again and got layers put in, and the stylist kind of cut it with the part in the middle, it doesn't look bad when i part it on the side though...but definitely bring it up to your stylist.
    PW: curls
    mostly 3b with some 3a and 3c mixed in; super thick and thirsty
    ~current products: to cleanse: elucence moisturizing shampoo; condition: aussie 3 minute miracle or tresemme mixed with jojoba oil; leave in: suave naturals toasted vanilla; gel: la looks sport gel
    ~~still looking for my HG
  • FrizzBgoneFrizzBgone Posts: 2,678Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Since I switched to a stylist who really knows how to work with curls, I only get my hair cut dried. My part is on the side (either straight or zig zag).
    Since I've been getting dry cuts, my hair has never been better.
    Type: 3a fine & dense,with normal porosity, terrible product junkie
    ROUTINE: LI, enhancer, gel, plop with Curlease towel, serum product (either CIAB or Gel-les'c), clip & diffuse.
    Too many favourite products to list ... I finally have my routine that works and alot of products to choose from. My product stash is huge, but well loved !!!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file