Hair products not working

Has anyone ever had a problem with their products not working anymore? I know you're supposed to use different products at times because your hair can get used to the same ones, but I've been switching it up and I'm still having a problem! I also find that all of a sudden my hair is more stringing and cinky then it is curly and I can never find a happy medium with the amount of product I use either...My hair is either plastered with gel or frizzy because I didn't use enough...HELP!

Comments

• FrizzBgoneFrizzBgone Posts: 2,678Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Whenever this happens to me, I know that it is time to clarify. I have yet to try the ACV or Lemon Rinse that other curlies rave about ... it is on my to-do list for 2008 :wink: If you're using products that contain silicones, you may have some build up on your hair.
    I use the clarifying shampoo by elucence. When I first started co-washing, I found that my hair got stringy more often. But the longer I've stayed away from the sulfates and silicones, I have to clarify less frequently.
    Everytime I clarify I follow it with a deep treatment. [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/Jessicurl-Weekly-Deep-Conditioning-Treatment-p-106.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=jessicurl-weekly-deep-conditioner-treatment]Jessicurl's WDT[/buylink] is my favourite.
    HTH
    Good luck
    Type: 3a fine & dense,with normal porosity, terrible product junkie
    ROUTINE: LI, enhancer, gel, plop with Curlease towel, serum product (either CIAB or Gel-les'c), clip & diffuse.
    Too many favourite products to list ... I finally have my routine that works and alot of products to choose from. My product stash is huge, but well loved !!!
  • LadydncingLadydncing Posts: 964Registered Users
    Whenever this happens, which is once a month sometimes longer. I use a gentle sulfate shampoo like [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/Jessicurl-Hair-Cleansing-Cream-p-103.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=jessicurl-hair-cleansing-cream]Jessicurl HCC[/buylink], if I need something a bit stronger I use B & A shampoo. It's has a sulfate, but it's like the 9th ingredient down.
    I also rotate a lot of my products.
    Maya
    3b/c CG routine
    HG line DevaCurl
    Password: Locks

event.png
  • FrizzBgoneFrizzBgone Posts: 2,678Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I'm a big believer in rotating as well. I try to use a different product every day ... that way my products always work for me ... it also helps me justify being a product junkie :laughing6:
    Type: 3a fine & dense,with normal porosity, terrible product junkie
    ROUTINE: LI, enhancer, gel, plop with Curlease towel, serum product (either CIAB or Gel-les'c), clip & diffuse.
    Too many favourite products to list ... I finally have my routine that works and alot of products to choose from. My product stash is huge, but well loved !!!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file