Curls by Sisters Smith

bushbush Registered Users Posts: 25
I was recently introduced to this line of products. I'm excited because of the low cost and the quality ingredients. Can those who have tried the products advise me?

How is the quick fix spritz for a daily moisturizer/2nd day refresher? How are the conditioners? Is there need to get the Deep one as opposed to the regular? How is the wet set pudding in terms of hold and curl definition? Do you find that it weighs your hair down? Mine is around 3c (maybe a little 3b). Feel free to let me know what your favorite Curls by Sisters Smith products are.

Comments

• kinkycurlygirlkinkycurlygirl Registered Users Posts: 57
    I love the wet set pudding. This is a staple of mine. I have a lot of volume to my hair, so I try to weigh it down a bit. The pudding defines my curls, but it is not great with the hold. I use a heavy gel on top of it. I really don't use any of the other products. HTH.
  • SuburbanbushbabeSuburbanbushbabe Registered Users Posts: 15,402 Curl Neophyte
    I bought the Quick Fix Spritz and the regular conditioner and the WSHP. I only use the WSHP. The conditoner is good but smells faintly of peppermint (not my favorite smell for hair stuff). And when, when! will I learn that spritzes do nothing for my hair except shrink it and revive my frizz? Other curlies have so much success with them, I just fall for them over an over again. The WSHP is pretty good for my hair but it doesn't play nice with other leave-ins, so I use it alone with a gel.

Anyway, PM me if interested in the Quick Spritz and the Conditioner --- I can give them to you for a reasonable price.
    My blog - http://suburbanbushbabe.wordpress.com/
    My FOTKI - http://whatsnew.fotki.com/suburbanbushbabe/
    comic-p.jpg

Playing with my hair is a hobby. Fluffy, fine natural 4a. Goal= Healthy, beautiful hair that retains its length.
    Hear that crash? It's me falling off the CG wagon.
  • FrizzBgoneFrizzBgone Registered Users Posts: 2,678 Curl Neophyte
    I'd love to try these products, but the Sisters Smith website doesn't ship to Canada. Does anyone know whether these products are available from another supplier?

TIA :tongue5:
    Type: 3a fine & dense,with normal porosity, terrible product junkie
    ROUTINE: LI, enhancer, gel, plop with Curlease towel, serum product (either CIAB or Gel-les'c), clip & diffuse.
    Too many favourite products to list ... I finally have my routine that works and alot of products to choose from. My product stash is huge, but well loved !!!
  • ZinniaZinnia Registered Users Posts: 7,339
    FrizzBGone,

you should email Sisters Smith and ask about shipping to CAN. She responds quickly to e-mails.
    Life shrinks or expands according to one's courage. Anais Nin
  • xcptnlxcptnl Registered Users Posts: 15,678 Curl Connoisseur
    I bought the Quick Fix Spritz and the regular conditioner and the WSHP. I only use the WSHP. The conditoner is good but smells faintly of peppermint (not my favorite smell for hair stuff). And when, when! will I learn that spritzes do nothing for my hair except shrink it and revive my frizz? Other curlies have so much success with them, I just fall for them over an over again. The WSHP is pretty good for my hair but it doesn't play nice with other leave-ins, so I use it alone with a gel.

Anyway, PM me if interested in the Quick Spritz and the Conditioner --- I can give them to you for a reasonable price.

If you cannot learn this - then I never ever will! I keep falling for sprays even when I know they don't work in my hair. I probably have about 7 sprays under my sink and the only one I have used consistently is SIF now that I know to put it in when my hair is dry and ready to be scrunched out with my tshirt.
    Central Massachusetts

One good reason to only maintain a small circle of friends is that three out of four murders are committed by people who know the victim. ~George Carlin~

In regards to Vagazzling: They just want to get into the goods without worrying about getting scratched up by fake crystals. ~spring1onu~

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file