I don't get it (hair changing)

My hair used to be 3B/3C. I had thermal reconditioning done a year ago. I'm not sure what type my hair is now. It's all grown out now and all of the straight ends are cut off. Last week, the top part of my hair didn't seem as curly as it was before TR but the bottom (underneath) part was. A couple days ago, I noticed the top part has started to look really curly (which I think is from more new growth that is coming in really fast) and the underneath is losing it's curl. I had tight ringlets last week and now it's hardly curly, mostly wavy.

Now that I think of it, I was at my parents for almost a week for Christmas and they have well water. Could they have effected my curls? I've been back for a few days now. What can I do? My hair looks really uneven (lengthwise) because of the ringlets turning to waves. Why wasn't the top part effected if that is what happened? I'm confused.

Comments

• wild~hairwild~hair Posts: 9,890Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Water can definitely affect curls.

If you want to eliminate this variable, you could invest in a shower water filter. They run about $40 and you would need to get a replacement filter once a year.
  • MissDMissD Posts: 83Registered Users
    Oh, it's the water at my parent's house and I'm only there once or twice a year. I'm back home now. I did stay there for a week this time though. Would a clarifying shampoo be a good idea?

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file