Edit: Activate for $1.99 @ Ulta/ $1.50 @Big Lots!!!

I found the Activate Conditioner and Shampoo in the Clearance Aisle at Ulta marked down to $3.49 each.

I grabbed all the bottles that they had left and to my delight :toothy7: they scanned for $1.99 at the checkout :blob7::icescream:

I may check out some of the other area Ulta stores and buy some more :)
3C, BSL Unstretched -

Comments

• EfrizzabethEfrizzabeth Posts: 8,792Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I saw the whole line of it, minus shampoo & conditioner, today at Big Lots.

I didn't buy anything though.
  • solangesolange Posts: 2,539Registered Users
    lazy loops wrote: »

Interesting.....I guess I'll be going to Big Lots as well tomorrow!!!

I am glad to get the products so cheaply but it does tick me off that greal product lines like this come and go while really crappy ones seem to stick around forever.
    3C, BSL Unstretched -
    The deep treatment & straightening cream caught my eyes though, but since they're obviously clearing these out to no longer carry them anywhere, I don't want to even try them.

If your Big Lots doesn't have anything, do you want me to buy what I can from mine for you?
    The deep treatment & straightening cream caught my eyes though, but since they're obviously clearing these out to no longer carry them anywhere, I don't want to even try them.

If your Big Lots doesn't have anything, do you want me to buy what I can from mine for you?

Sure - If I can't find it locally, I can swap you Activate DT for Shea Butter or anything else on my end.

Thanks!! :)
    3C, BSL Unstretched -
    :) Did you get my PM about the shea?

I stopped by Big Lots after church today and found the entire line in the store for only $1.50 a bottle!!

I bought all of their bottles of Hydrating Conditioner along with a couple of tubes each of the DT and the Soft Curls Gel.

I am so excited.

Thanks again LL :)

I just need to find a new hiding place so my husband doesn't see them. He thinks I've been cured of my pjism!!
    3C, BSL Unstretched -
    I was holding my breath hoping you'd find a bunch! Well, I wasn't really holding my breath, but you know what I mean! ;)
    I was holding my breath hoping you'd find a bunch! Well, I wasn't really holding my breath, but you know what I mean! ;)

Yup!! I got your pm too:)
    3C, BSL Unstretched -
    Well good luck hiding the stuff! ;) For the problems that my hubby swears I have with personal care product purchases, he fell prey to my stocking stuff wishes of a Sally Beauty Supply gift card & Regis Design Line Curl Lock Cream!

I'm willing to bet the amount of Activate products I saw at Big Lots is slim pickings by now. Things disappear pretty fast when they get clearanced, when there's a regular sale & when coupons show up in the Sunday paper, in that order. Either there's a bunch of cheap people like you & I, or there's a bunch of nc.com UT lurkers! :lol:
  • Just KimmieJust Kimmie Posts: 116Registered Users
    I stopped by my local Big Lots today, and I guess someone on this board must shop there, because there wasn't much, only 3 tubes of the Curl Definer (Rizos Naturales) for $1.50 each, so I picked those up.

You guys are NOT helping me with my PJ issues...tee hee!!
    Hair Type: 2B/3A hybrid, I believe. Had it short for about 5 years, and have since let it grow. Layers have brought out the curl...and I haven't gone 'straight' since!

http://public.fotki.com/Kimmie7448/curls-rule/
  • LadydncingLadydncing Posts: 964Registered Users
    I also picked up an Activate Hydrating Conditioner for 1.50!
    If I like it, I am going to clean out my local Big Lots! :evil:

These days I've been using conditioner like crazy! My hair
    just drinks it all up!
    I also checked out the shampoo, it's very gentle!
    Maybe I'll pick one up for my monthly/bi-monthly wash!
    Maya
    3b/c CG routine
    HG line DevaCurl
    Password: Locks

event.png
    OK, I lied about not wanting to buy/try any.

I went back & bought one of each product for $1.50 each: Hair Repair, Hydrating Conditioner, which is new today, Soft Curls or Curl Definer (whatever it's called), Shine-On Spray & Straightening Cream.

I haven't tried anything other than the conditioner, that's why I only bought one of each. The conditioner (& shampoo) are great, but their bottle shape sucks.

They also had plenty of bottles of Back to Basics Blue Lavender Conditioner, & several of Sebastian Blow Out Shaper (I think that's what it's called). I got one of each of those too since I've never tried them before.
    Ladydncing wrote: »
    I also picked up an Activate Hydrating Conditioner for 1.50!
    If I like it, I am going to clean out my local Big Lots! :evil:

These days I've been using conditioner like crazy! My hair
    just drinks it all up!
    I also checked out the shampoo, it's very gentle!
    Maybe I'll pick one up for my monthly/bi-monthly wash!

My hair loves the Hydrating Conditioner. It is like Elucense or Trader Joe Nourish, but better :)
    3C, BSL Unstretched -
    That's funny! That's what I was thinking about while applying this conditioner in the shower this morning! It feels and it looks like Elucence. A little goes a long way.

So far so good, hair is drying up still. I'll make a decision by tomorrow if I am going to buy some more. Let's see how 2nd hair day looks. oh, and I love the smell too! Candy! :iconbiggrin:
    Maya
    3b/c CG routine
    HG line DevaCurl

event.png
    That's funny! That's what I was thinking about while applying this conditioner in the shower this morning! It feels and it looks like Elucence. A little goes a long way.

So far so good, hair is drying up still. I'll make a decision by tomorrow if I am going to buy some more. Let's see how 2nd hair day looks. oh, and I love the smell too! Candy! :iconbiggrin:

You have such gorgeous hair!!! So long and thick:love1::love1:

I did the whole line today - hydrating shampoo, hydrating conditioner plus the curls gel. Up to thids point I had only used the hydrating conditioner. I am almost dry and the results are very good so far.

I love the smell also - reminds me of Juicy Fruit gum!!
    3C, BSL Unstretched -
    solange wrote: »

I did the whole line today - hydrating shampoo, hydrating conditioner plus the curls gel. Up to thids point I had only used the hydrating conditioner. I am almost dry and the results are very good so far.

Thanks for the compliment! :)

I think that I am going to pick up some more of this conditioner. My hair looks so good! Do you know if they are going to be reformulating this line? I hope not. I hope that it's just a new look. The bottles are awful!! :thumbdown: It's so hard to get the products out!
    Maya
    3b/c CG routine
    HG line DevaCurl

event.png
    solange wrote: »

Thanks for the compliment! :)

I think that I am going to pick up some more of this conditioner. My hair looks so good! Do you know if they are going to be reformulating this line? I hope not. I hope that it's just a new look. The bottles are awful!! :thumbdown: It's so hard to get the products out!

I don't know what they're doing. I think someone posted that it was on their website (the middle of 07?) that they were going to pull it from the drugstores, etc. & sell it for $20 in salons only. :dontknow:

I completely agree with you about the bottles!
  • ZinniaZinnia Posts: 7,339Registered Users
    I don't know what they're doing. I think someone posted that it was on their website (the middle of 07?) that they were going to pull it from the drugstores, etc. & sell it for $20 in salons only. :dontknow:

here is the link:
    Activate Price Hike

I was going to order some of this until I read about the price hike. :sad8:
    Life shrinks or expands according to one's courage. Anais Nin
    Ah ha, so maybe they are finally reformulating it & moving it to salons!!!
    Windflower wrote: »

here is the link:
    Activate Price Hike

I was going to order some of this until I read about the price hike. :sad8:

I am very confused because I went to their website today and the products are still $6.99!!

I'm not sure what they are doing - it's on clearance or closeout in the regular stores yet they are selling it for $6.99 online.

It's a great product line - CG, detangles, moisturizes, produces clumps - everything you'd want.
    3C, BSL Unstretched -
  • ZinniaZinnia Posts: 7,339Registered Users
    someone should company to get the real scoop...
    Life shrinks or expands according to one's courage. Anais Nin
    Just wanted to provide a quick review. I had never used the Activate Soft Curls before, only the Hydrating Conditioner. I used the full line yesterday and my hair dried with a very soft hold. I had low expectations for the possibility of 2nd day hair since I usually need a lot of crunch and hold to ensure good 2nd, 3rd or 4th day hair.

To my surprise, my hair is still soft has great clumps and very little frizz.

I'm going back out to score some more of the Soft Curls!!
    3C, BSL Unstretched -
    Yep, used the Soft Curls last nite and again this morning, and I can recommend...it's very nice!!
    Hair Type: 2B/3A hybrid, I believe. Had it short for about 5 years, and have since let it grow. Layers have brought out the curl...and I haven't gone 'straight' since!

I am so going back to Big Lots to clean them out! I am loving my
    2nd hair day!!!
    Not sure how long these are going to last, but if I can get 6 months of using good and cheap CG conditioner, that means more money in my pocket so that I can spend on more styling aids! :wink:
    Maya
    3b/c CG routine
    HG line DevaCurl

event.png
    I went back today, and it turns out they must have not put all their stock out the first time I was there...

I bought four of the conditioners and two of the repair DT. :)

I just came back from Big Lots and bought all the conditioners (6) and one poo to use during my monthly clarifying. The didn't have any of the stylers though.
    Maya
    3b/c CG routine
    HG line DevaCurl

event.png
    I just tried the conditioner, and it's too early to tell how well it worked, but man it smells delicious!! Kinda banana-y and mango-y.

Tee hee! I went to their website
    http://www.activatebeauty.com
    and signed up for the newsletter.

Doesn't look like they're changing the line in any way...can't figure why the products are selling so cheap!

I went back to Big Lots to see if they put any other Activate products on the shelf a day later like how they did with the conditioner. But I didn't have any such luck tonight & I wanted the serum. :(
  • jeepcurlygurljeepcurlygurl Posts: 20,727Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Curl Virtuoso
    Thanks for the tip! I'm always looking for good cheap CG conditioners to use in addition to my standby Suave and VO5.
    I like food smells and can't take the flowery smells of the Charles Worthington and Aubrey Organics I'd gotten on the cheap. Ended up using them to shave.
    Went to Big Lots this morning and got 3 bottles of conditioner and 3 tubes of DT @ $1.50. Love the way it smells. Yay!
    --I'm located in Western PA.   --I found NC in late 2004, CG since February 2005, joined the forums in May 2005, started going grey in late 2005.   --My hair is 3B with some 3A, currently at mid back length when dry,  texture-medium/fine, porosity-top is low, middle is medium, ends are porous, elasticity-normal.   --My long time favorite products are Suave & VO5 conditioners, LA Looks Sport Gel, coconut oil, honey, vinegar.   
    --My CG and grey hair progress -  
    http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/going-gray/179328-jeepys-grey-hair-progress.html   
    --My article at NaturallyCurly about going grey - 
    https://www.naturallycurly.com/curlreading/color/how-i-went-completely-gray-and-loved-it
  • ItsiRCItsiRC Posts: 335Registered Users
    I went to 2 Big Lots before I found the conditioner. I bought 4 conditioners and 3 DTs, I also bought the curls stuff. I co-washed with the conditioner and it has awesome slip. We'll see how my hair looks after it's dry.

The soft curls is great!!!! the shampoo is gentle and doesn't cause my hair to tangle. this line is really good, at $1.50, you can't beat the price.
    I'm going to Mexico until this bills business blows over.

pw:master shake

.png

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file