Oh my god...

iris427iris427 Posts: 6,002Registered Users
I had a positive home pregnancy test this morning.:eek:

I'm not sure what to think and honestly, I'm kind of upset right now. The timing is not good.

My fiance doesn't even know yet--he's in Argentina until January 3 and I can't call him, he can only call me. There is no phone or email where he's staying.
3027585431_55b6195e50_s.jpg3028374752_0df4d81a1b_s.jpg3028422696_8dcef38baa_s.jpg
TickerTicker.aspx?&TT=bdy&TT1=bdy&CL=29&CT=&CG=F&O=m_nestbirds&T=t_b14&D=20080913&M1=&D1=2009&T2=&T1=Baby+Iris&CC=0&CO=&step=5&radio=A

Comments

• mad scientistmad scientist Posts: 3,530Registered Users
    ((HUGS)) Iris!! That is really big news.

Is there someone you can confide in? You shouldn't be stressing out about this alone. I'm sorry your fiance isn't around to share this moment with you.

Hang in there, hon! I think this is a scary moment for most every woman whether it was planned or not!
  • webjockeywebjockey Posts: 2,786Registered Users
    Been there done that.
    (((hugs)))
    hello.world.
  • SigiSigi Posts: 2,379Registered Users
    (((HUGS)))

That's pretty big news and I'm sorry your fiance can't be with you right now.
  • medussamedussa Posts: 12,993Registered Users
    Ah, well that explains feeling ravenous. Remember what I posted to you several days ago?

I know this is a shock and not at all how you had planned it, but it will all be okay, hon. It really will.

Congratulations and keeping my fingers crossed that your fiance calls soon. We'll call him telepathically.
  • RedCatWavesRedCatWaves Posts: 31,258Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Hmmmm...maybe you could move up the wedding date a bit? It'll all work out.
  • M2LRM2LR Posts: 8,630Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    I am sure it will all work out.
    :rambo:
  • CynaminbearCynaminbear Posts: 4,476Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    medussa wrote: »
    Ah, well that explains feeling ravenous. Remember what I posted to you several days ago?

I know this is a shock and not at all how you had planned it, but it will all be okay, hon. It really will.

Congratulations and keeping my fingers crossed that your fiance calls soon. We'll call him telepathically.

((hugs))
    I remember that 'Oh, crap!' feeling.
    There's no such thing as global warming. Chuck Norris was cold so he turned up the sun.
  • iris427iris427 Posts: 6,002Registered Users
    medussa wrote: »

I do remember! And I was starting to suspect it then and hoping it was just PMS...

And yes, wedding plans will definitely have to change now. Our wedding was supposed to be September 19 and apparently I'm due around September 5th, so that won't work now.

Thanks everyone.
    3027585431_55b6195e50_s.jpg3028374752_0df4d81a1b_s.jpg3028422696_8dcef38baa_s.jpg
    TickerTicker.aspx?&TT=bdy&TT1=bdy&CL=29&CT=&CG=F&O=m_nestbirds&T=t_b14&D=20080913&M1=&D1=2009&T2=&T1=Baby+Iris&CC=0&CO=&step=5&radio=A
  • DarkAngelDarkAngel Posts: 2,671Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I've definitely been there with the oh crap thoughts and feelings. Have faith that everything will work out. You can push the wedding up or push it back. I hope your fiance calls soon so you can talk to him about everything.

PS. Congrats.
    image.php?type=2&o=5&c=1&date=2009-10-07&babyname=Sebastian

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." -- Theodor Seuss Geisel
  • WileE-DeadWileE-Dead Banned Posts: 24,963Banned Users Curl Neophyte
    Can't beat that December lovin' ...yes, everything will turn out fine...just remember you have us if ya need us:)
    0004.gif

Ever since the sports thread wars I have sensed a special connection between [edit] & Wile. Like the connection oil has to water. I almost can't speak of it. Wait....my eyes are misting. ~asq
    Let’s just stay together and tell the world to kiss our ass. ~P

• cosmicflycosmicfly Posts: 1,814Registered Users
    Another "been there done that", down to having to move my wedding date. It took me a couple of weeks to get rid of the 'oh, crap' feeling, but honestly, we wanted kids anyway, so Max just arrived a couple of years ahead of schedule. ((Hugs)), it'll be ok.
  • CurlieGlamourGirlieCurlieGlamourGirlie Posts: 1,198Registered Users
    Sweetie, I am a firm believer in the "things happen for a reason" philosophy. My DH is a full-time student, so when we got pregnant, it certainly wasn't the "ideal" time, but we couldn't have been happier. We live in a teeny apartment, are on a tight budget, but are so happy with our little miracle. Things are slowly falling into place and we just make it work.

I'm sure you can just move the wedding to when it will be right for you, and that's when it should be - when it's right for you, regardless of whether that's before or after the baby gets here.

All my best and lots of hugs. It may not be the best timing, but it's a miracle none the less!
    3b (I think!)
    HGs - Suave Nexxus Knockoff, Jessicurl Weekly DT, L'Oreal Out of Bed, HESMU.
    http://public.fotki.com/CurlyGlamourGirlie
    http://curlyglamourgirlie.blogspot.com
  • fuzzbucketfuzzbucket Posts: 996Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    My pregnancy was planned and I still had that "Oh, crap!" feeling for several weeks. It's hard to shake when you spend so many years trying NOT to get pregnant. Hugs to you and know that we're all here to help.
    Hair type: 3A/B
    I lurk, therefore, I am.
    My Blog
  • AmnerisAmneris Posts: 15,117Registered Users
    Wow, that is big news. Congratulations.

I think it is all going to work out for you. You wanted a small wedding anyway so everything happens for a reason!

I agree - even my planned pregnancy was a bit of a shock - I expected to have more time trying to get used to the idea. I hope you get hold of your fiance soon, and have a happy and healthy nine months!
    Get used to me. Black, confident, cocky; my name, not yours; my religion, not yours; my goals, my own; get used to me. -Muhammad Ali

.png

534Pm5.png

I finally got to talk to my fiance today. He is very excited! So I am feeling a lot better today. I know we will figure everything out and probably be able to have wedding where everyone we care about can still come.
  • KaiaKaia Posts: 8,815Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    I'm sorry I missed this last night. (((HUGS))) Iris! This was so me 9 months ago, our timing was terrible too. But everything will work out. You have a good guy and you already know so much about pregnancy and birth. So the timing isn't ideal, but when is it ever? I'm glad you are feeling better now. Congrats!!
    *Poster formerly known as Bailey422*

Here's all you have to know about men and women: women are crazy, men are stupid. And the main reason women are crazy is that men are stupid. ~ George Carlin
  • sundaysunday Posts: 535Registered Users
    My pregnancy was planned and I still had that "Oh, crap!" feeling for several weeks. It's hard to shake when you spend so many years trying NOT to get pregnant.

Me too. But now I just love being a mom. I can't possibly imagine my life without my son. I am also a believer in the "things happen for a reason" philosophy. I know things will work out for you.
    3 something
    fotki pw: sunday
  • CurlyinColoradoCurlyinColorado Posts: 3,093Registered Users
    My first words when I saw the positive sign were "oh ****." But it's the best thing. Congratulations and lots of hugs!!
    2b/3a.
  • geminigemini Posts: 3,325Registered Users
    I saw your post and thought, "That's weird, iris hasn't posted on this board for awhile." then I read what you wrote.

I am like a few others where my daughter was a 'surprise." Even if you're married, settled, etc. you go through that "Oh no, what am I getting myself into!" stage. It took months for me to really be okay with being pregnant and face all the changes that would come with having a child.

So...big hugs for you--like many have said, I have a feeling it will all work out.
  • inheritedcurlsinheritedcurls Posts: 2,954Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Just saw this post. Congratulations. Glad your feeling better now. Things will all fall into place. You'll see!!! :D
  • internetchickinternetchick Posts: 6,191Registered Users
    Just saw this. Congrats! To be quite honest I didn't get over the Oh crap! feeling with my 3rd until he was born. I cried for days when I found out. We had only planned on two kids and I had a 9 month old when I found out I was pregnant again. I focused my energy on the two kids I had and on planning the home birth I had always wanted. So if it takes you awhile to get over it you're not the only one!
  • sarah42sarah42 Posts: 4,034Registered Users
    Congratulations and (((hugs)))!!!

I was very shocked and upset when I got pregnant with Connor. My husband and I were Peace Corps volunteers in Uganda and were planning to stay an extra year when we found out--then had to come home early. It was the biggest lifestyle change I can imagine. But everything has turned out wonderfully with our family--I'm sure yours will be the same.
    ehLB.jpg
  • spiderlashes5000spiderlashes5000 Posts: 17,792Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Congratulations. What is it they say -- the best laid plans of mice and men often go astray? LOLOL I'm very happy for you!

Congratulations. What is it they say -- the best laid plans of mice and men often go astray? LOLOL I'm very happy for you!

That's what my mom said too LOL
  • Brown_Eyed_GirlBrown_Eyed_Girl Posts: 1,353Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Congratulations! I'm glad you're feeling better and that you're fiance is happy about it.
  • mayimmayim Posts: 2,301Registered Users
    awww, congrats iris! i'm glad you got to talk to fiance and he's excited!

i had a very similar situation when i found out i was pregnant, so i think i know how you feel too. i'm beyond excited now (with 3 months or so to go) but i was scared to death at first! not that i didn't want to have kids, but the timing couldn't have been worse!

i just figured out that sometimes life chooses you (because i probably would have waited for forever for that 'perfect timing').

best wishes for a joyous new family adventure!

m
    coarse, thick 3a
    modified cg

weight.png

• velvet pawsvelvet paws Posts: 1,250Registered Users
    Congratulations, Iris! There is a never a perfect time, and I got a bit freaked out even with very planned and timed pregnancy. Just relax and try to enjoy it! You'll have even more of those "oh my god, what did I get myself into" moments after you have the baby too. ;)
    3A / 2B / 2C wavicelli

.png

.png
  • Violeta77Violeta77 Posts: 134Registered Users
    Congrats! Stay healthy during these important first months!
    A 3B trying to regain control of the frizz!
  • CurlieGlamourGirlieCurlieGlamourGirlie Posts: 1,198Registered Users
    You'll have even more of those "oh my god, what did I get myself into" moments after you have the baby too. ;)

That's exactly where I am too VP!!
    3b (I think!)
    HGs - Suave Nexxus Knockoff, Jessicurl Weekly DT, L'Oreal Out of Bed, HESMU.
    http://public.fotki.com/CurlyGlamourGirlie
    http://curlyglamourgirlie.blogspot.com
  • wavezncurlzwavezncurlz Posts: 1,814Registered Users
    Congrats! :blob7:
    My first "oh my god" baby was one of the best things that ever

happened to me. All will work out.
    HAIRCOLLAGE2010-1-1.jpg[

mini-album w/ various styles for the past 10 years of natural hair:
    http://s29.photobucket.com/albums/c252/wavezncurlz/hair/
    password: curlzorwavez

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list