finally got a haircut!

so i decided to be brave and i got a haircut...after calling up some places, i settled on what everyone regards as the best salon in this little town...and i even requested the stylist with curly hair. well, when i get there, my "curly haired stylist" is sporting some seriously straight locks. she informed me that she normally straightens, but if she had curls like mine she would never straighten again (i appreciated the compliment, but still i wasn't feeling too good about this cut). i asked for long layers to remove some of the bulk and 'triangle head'...several things kind of annoyed me...1) my hair was dry and she started combing it out...yuck..and 2) she razored it...now, i've never had my hair razored but she assured me that it would be okay bc my hair is soo coarse and thick that it wouldn't create any problems. and i trusted her...and now i'm waiting for my hair to dry and i'm SCARED! ahh. the underlayer of my hair also curls a lot less than the rest so i have these random long pieces sticking out. sorry for the long post, just wanted to share...i'll post pics later after it dries.
PW: curls
mostly 3b with some 3a and 3c mixed in; super thick and thirsty
~current products: to cleanse: elucence moisturizing shampoo; condition: aussie 3 minute miracle or tresemme mixed with jojoba oil; leave in: suave naturals toasted vanilla; gel: la looks sport gel
~~still looking for my HG

Comments

• solangesolange Posts: 2,539Registered Users
    I checked out your fotki and both you and your curls are so beautiful!! Can't wait to see your new pics!! I hope that your hair turns out okay with your new cut. I am always scared when I put my hair in the hands of a new stylist.
    3C, BSL Unstretched -
  • jussamariejussamarie Posts: 61Registered Users
    aww thanks solange! my pics are up now, the ones of me in the white shirt are from today after my hair dried. i think it looks pretty good...except that my underlayer looks kind of stretched out and way long...oh well.
    ~current products: to cleanse: elucence moisturizing shampoo; condition: aussie 3 minute miracle or tresemme mixed with jojoba oil; leave in: suave naturals toasted vanilla; gel: la looks sport gel
  • DelmaDelma Posts: 1,121Registered Users
    Your hair is soooo pretty it looks so healthy. What's your routine?
    hey thanks! right now my routine is nothing special and i'm still searching for what works. today i co-washed with my nature's gate tea tree condish for dry scalp, then i used tresemme moisturizing conditioner...left it on while i did shower things. rinsed out completely, and lately i've been using the suave naturals line for my leave in. i like the toasted vanilla and brown sugar, but i used the strawberry today (or something like that)...then applied a bit of gf soft curl creme (has cones but i love it) and some la looks sport gel...then let it do its thing. bc i do use some cones, i've been using elucence shampoo every couple of days.
    btw your hair is soo cute!
  • CurliLocksCurliLocks Posts: 10,573Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    You and your hair are very pretty! :) I think the cut looks good, it took out some bulk and brought out more curl in the back. I would be worried about the razor as I hear it can cause frizz, but hopefully not! :) So, they are just long layers? How short is your shortest layer (dry and curly, where does it fall)? Your hair looks very similar to mine, esp the back. I need a cut soon too.

I don't see that the bottom layer is stretched, but then it isn't in the photo. My underlayer also hangs longer and therefore, needs to be cut shorter. If it continues to hand longer, go back and have her trim up the bottom layer while dry so she can see where it will fall. :)
    SF Bay Area, CA * "The Angel-Goddess-Guru of Haircoloring" :D
    3b/c/a mix. medium texture, low porosity
    My Motto: Strand Test! some hair pics
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] -- gone, but never forgotten.
  • solangesolange Posts: 2,539Registered Users
    Your hair is so soft and healthy looking!!!
    3C, BSL Unstretched -
    curlilocks your hair is so cute! you have really great definition! as far as the cut goes, i really just asked for long layers...she trimmed a tiny bit, but i really wanted to keep as much length as possible. my shortest layer is at my chin. and yeah, i've heard terrible things about the razor, but so far my hair looks the same, if not better (my brother thought the salon had styled it for me today and was shocked to hear that i did it myself lol). the stylist said the razoring causes problems for people with finer hair than mine, as it does tend to cause "fluffiness"...oh well, hopefully it'll grow in nicely. i'm hoping to be in nyc this summer and i'll get a devacut then!
  • RednaturalcurlsRednaturalcurls Posts: 1,814Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    If it helps, I get my hair razored periodically too. Not everytime I get a cut, just once in awhile because it really seems to help the back of my hair get a little more lift and takes out some bulk. I have heard bad things about it too but it seems to work ok for me and my hair is really fine. I have a large mass of hair though so any razoring is really well hidden because we only do select sections and it is underneath the heavier layers.
    Hair Type: mix of 3's, growing out an angled bob, color-treated red.
    Current products: GVP conditioning balm for co-wash and leave in, Curl Junkie Curls in a Bottle, Pattern Pusha and Garnier Anti-humidity hairspray
    Hair idol: Kimberly Schlapman from Little Big Town
  • CurliLocksCurliLocks Posts: 10,573Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Thanks for the details. :) I added some comments to your album. It sounds like the razoring will be ok for you, and you've found a good stylist! :D Yay!
    SF Bay Area, CA * "The Angel-Goddess-Guru of Haircoloring" :D
    3b/c/a mix. medium texture, low porosity
    My Motto: Strand Test! some hair pics
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] -- gone, but never forgotten.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file