I'm having a....

cosmicflycosmicfly Posts: 1,814Registered Users
...boy. What a surprise- I thought for sure he was a girl, this pregnancy is so much more similar to Maya's than Max's.

Now, if anyone wants to suggest any boy names... we can't think of any.

Comments

• RedCatWavesRedCatWaves Posts: 31,258Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Congrats!

I always had excess boys names. Nolan and Kellan would have been my next boys if I had continued, and they won't make good pet names, so you're welcome to them. ;)
  • iris427iris427 Posts: 6,002Registered Users
    Congrats!

I always had excess boys names. Nolan and Kellan would have been my next boys if I had continued, and they won't make good pet names, so you're welcome to them. ;)

LOL

Congratulations, cosmicfly!
    3027585431_55b6195e50_s.jpg3028374752_0df4d81a1b_s.jpg3028422696_8dcef38baa_s.jpg
    TickerTicker.aspx?&TT=bdy&TT1=bdy&CL=29&CT=&CG=F&O=m_nestbirds&T=t_b14&D=20080913&M1=&D1=2009&T2=&T1=Baby+Iris&CC=0&CO=&step=5&radio=A
  • SigiSigi Posts: 2,379Registered Users
    Congratulations!

Bennett (my son's name)
    Preston (my son's name)
    Ian
    Evan
    Neal/Neil (my favorite, but DH hates it)
    Daniel
  • sarah42sarah42 Posts: 4,034Registered Users
    Congratulations!

Here are a few boy names we like:
    Alexander
    Franklin--a family name
    Max--but I think you already have a Max
    Jack or Jackson--also a family name
    ehLB.jpg
  • CurlieGlamourGirlieCurlieGlamourGirlie Posts: 1,198Registered Users
    The other boy names we had on the table were:

Ted
    Jefferson Smith (after the character in Mr. Smith Goes to Washington)

My husband loved the name Jack, but it was just too popular for me.

Congrats!!!

(I thought for sure I was having a girl too!!)
    3b (I think!)
    HGs - Suave Nexxus Knockoff, Jessicurl Weekly DT, L'Oreal Out of Bed, HESMU.
    http://public.fotki.com/CurlyGlamourGirlie
    http://curlyglamourgirlie.blogspot.com
  • Violeta77Violeta77 Posts: 134Registered Users
    Do you want another M name or will you use any letter?
    A 3B trying to regain control of the frizz!
  • medussamedussa Posts: 12,993Registered Users
    Congrats!!!

Jack was my boy name.

Are you sticking with M names or was that a coincidence?

Michael
    Mark
    Mason
    Matthew
    Myles
    Merritt
  • PartyHairPartyHair Posts: 7,713Registered Users
    medussa wrote: »
    Merritt

See, Merritt is a girl's name to me.

Congratulations!
    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Rock on with your bad self.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Be excellent to each other. ~ Abraham Lincoln

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
  • SigiSigi Posts: 2,379Registered Users
    Ooooh, Myles is a good one!
    PartyHair wrote: »
    medussa wrote: »
    Merritt

See, Merritt is a girl's name to me.

Congratulations!

I've actually never heard the name before. I just got it off of About.com's list for boys. :oops:
  • cosmicflycosmicfly Posts: 1,814Registered Users
    Actually, the 2 M names were a coincidence, and I considered not using Maya because of it, but I loved the name. I would prefer not to use another M name, I'm afraid 3 would sound too... something.

Thanks for all the suggestions, though, it's given me a lot to think about.
    cosmicfly wrote: »
    Actually, the 2 M names were a coincidence, and I considered not using Maya because of it, but I loved the name. I would prefer not to use another M name, I'm afraid 3 would sound too... something.

Thanks for all the suggestions, though, it's given me a lot to think about.

I know of a family with all Js-Jennifer, Joe, Justin, Jarret and I cannot remember the daughter's name--but it begins with a J too.

I also know a woman with three boys: Matthew, Myles and Mason.
  • ZinniaZinnia Posts: 7,339Registered Users
    odd...but i feel you should use a third M name. i have met a family with 2 kids with the same letter and then the third has a totally different name...i always wonder if the third child feels left out because his/her name doesn't begin with the same letter. i didn't know them well enough to ask.
    Life shrinks or expands according to one's courage. Anais Nin
  • cosmicflycosmicfly Posts: 1,814Registered Users
    Windflower wrote: »
    odd...but i feel you should use a third M name. i have met a family with 2 kids with the same letter and then the third has a totally different name...i always wonder if the third child feels left out because his/her name doesn't begin with the same letter. i didn't know them well enough to ask.

I wondered about that- I am going to try to make sure that the name 'goes' with thr other 2, if that makes any sense. I do really like the name Matthew, but it's too close to Maxwell, IMO.
    cosmicfly wrote: »
    Windflower wrote: »

I wondered about that- I am going to try to make sure that the name 'goes' with thr other 2, if that makes any sense. I do really like the name Matthew, but it's too close to Maxwell, IMO.

Biased opinion here but I love the name Matthew. It means "gift of God." It is a popular name, though. Your Maxwell may not encounter another Max in school. Your Maya may not encounter another Maya. But your Matthew most likely will. That has been my experience.

It's been a few days since this post, but I just thought of another name: Logan. :)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file