Our Christmas Present!

mad scientistmad scientist Posts: 3,530Registered Users
Its a GIRL!! :blob7:

IMG_18522.jpg

Born at noon on Christmas Day measuring 6 lbs 2 oz and 18.5 inches long.

No name as yet :oops: (we were caught a little off guard with her showing up 3 weeks early).

Basically a really bad stomach flu sent me into labour, but all things considered delivery went really well (vaginal delivery, low-dose oxytocin, no pain meds). Baby is small, only 5 lbs 7 oz when we brought her home today. She's very sleepy and not eating much. So hopefully we can get things worked out for her in the next few days as my milk comes in. I'll be back with more details (including a name!) when I get the chance.

Comments

• medussamedussa Posts: 12,993Registered Users
    Congratulations!!

Finally, we got another girl for the pink team. :toothy7:
  • DarkAngelDarkAngel Posts: 2,671Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Congrats! She's beautiful! I think she looks quite a bit like Karan.
    image.php?type=2&o=5&c=1&date=2009-10-07&babyname=Sebastian

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." -- Theodor Seuss Geisel
  • SigiSigi Posts: 2,379Registered Users
    Congratulations! :wav:
  • jcejce Posts: 512Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Congrats! Hope she starts eating lots soon!
    3b/c normally, 3a/b in the winter

• RedCatWavesRedCatWaves Posts: 31,259Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    And you thought you'd be doing nothing on Christmas Day... ;)

CONGRATS! I'm glad it went well. She's a pretty good size for being early...just gotta fatten her up a bit.
  • KaiaKaia Posts: 8,815Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Congrats!!! :love1:She's precious and does look a lot like her brother.
    *Poster formerly known as Bailey422*

Here's all you have to know about men and women: women are crazy, men are stupid. And the main reason women are crazy is that men are stupid. ~ George Carlin
  • eccentric_kurlzeccentric_kurlz Posts: 4,151Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Awww...she's beautiful!!! :) Congrats!!
    A wonderful mix of coils, curls, corkscrews, and kinks.

http://s211.photobucket.com/albums/bb133/shyygirl_2007/
    PW: curlyhair

I have a blog now. Follow meeeee! :)

http://naturalurbanista.blogspot.com/

"You see, when it comes to language competence, a true patriot must hit that sweet spot between "job-stealing immigrant" and "liberal elitist." ~Eilonwy

Wanna have access to the top names in fashion and luxury at up to 70% off retail? Sure you do. http://tinyurl.com/3yxneol

DC metro area
  • Jenny CJenny C Posts: 1,195Registered Users
    Congrats!!! What a fantastic Christmas gift.
    If you got nothing to bring to the table - don't even bother sitting down.
  • WileE-DeadWileE-Dead Banned Posts: 24,963Banned Users Curl Neophyte
    So much for waiting for the New Year! :toothy7:
    Congrats...ya, a girl...very cool! :)
    0004.gif

Ever since the sports thread wars I have sensed a special connection between [edit] & Wile. Like the connection oil has to water. I almost can't speak of it. Wait....my eyes are misting. ~asq
    Let’s just stay together and tell the world to kiss our ass. ~P

• CurlyCanadianCurlyCanadian Posts: 10,904Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Curl Connoisseur
    OMG she is beautiful!!!! Congratulations guys!!!
    I believe in manicures. I believe in overdressing. I believe in primping at leisure and wearing lipstick. I believe in pink. I believe that laughing is the best calorie burner. I believe in kissing, kissing a lot. I believe in being strong when everything seems to be going wrong. I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe that tomorrow is another day and I believe in miracles.
    Audrey Hepburn
  • iris427iris427 Posts: 6,002Registered Users
    Congratulations!!! She is gorgeous.

I love seeing all these beautiful babies :)
    3027585431_55b6195e50_s.jpg3028374752_0df4d81a1b_s.jpg3028422696_8dcef38baa_s.jpg
    TickerTicker.aspx?&TT=bdy&TT1=bdy&CL=29&CT=&CG=F&O=m_nestbirds&T=t_b14&D=20080913&M1=&D1=2009&T2=&T1=Baby+Iris&CC=0&CO=&step=5&radio=A
  • mrspoppersmrspoppers Posts: 7,223Registered Users Curl Novice
    She's gorgeous! Congratulations!
    When are women going to face the fact that they don’t know their own bodies as well as men who have heard things?

Don Langrick
    Bonsai Culturist
  • AmnerisAmneris Posts: 15,117Registered Users
    Congratulations! You got your wish of a December birth! That IS a good size for being 3 weeks pre-date - that's still bigger than I was 2 weeks post-date!
    Get used to me. Black, confident, cocky; my name, not yours; my religion, not yours; my goals, my own; get used to me. -Muhammad Ali

.png

534Pm5.png

• fuzzbucketfuzzbucket Posts: 996Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Amazing! What a beautiful girl! Congrats!
    Hair type: 3A/B
    I lurk, therefore, I am.
    My Blog
  • Brown_Eyed_GirlBrown_Eyed_Girl Posts: 1,353Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Congratulations!
  • PoPo Posts: 2,607Registered Users
    Aww! :)

Congratulations! What a great Christmas present! :)
    3c/4a
  • dia99dia99 Posts: 1,998Registered Users
    Congratulations! She is beautiful! Dia was 5 lbs, 7 oz, too. I think it's a blessed birth weight!:wink:

Happy New Year!
    People rise to the standard expected of them. GC
    Amneris wrote: »
    Congratulations! You got your wish of a December birth! That IS a good size for being 3 weeks pre-date - that's still bigger than I was 2 weeks post-date!

I was full term and I was not that big either :)
    3027585431_55b6195e50_s.jpg3028374752_0df4d81a1b_s.jpg3028422696_8dcef38baa_s.jpg
    TickerTicker.aspx?&TT=bdy&TT1=bdy&CL=29&CT=&CG=F&O=m_nestbirds&T=t_b14&D=20080913&M1=&D1=2009&T2=&T1=Baby+Iris&CC=0&CO=&step=5&radio=A
  • webjockeywebjockey Posts: 2,786Registered Users
    congrats
    hello.world.
  • geminigemini Posts: 3,325Registered Users
    Aww, MS you got your girl!

CONGRATULATIONS! She is lovely! :)
  • cosmicflycosmicfly Posts: 1,814Registered Users
    Congratulations! I'm so happy you got your little girl. Maya was also on the small side, and sleepy. She gained weight slowly but steadily, and I took advantage of the fact that she slept a lot. I hope you are able the do the same.
  • subbrocksubbrock Posts: 8,212Registered Users
    congrats! so glad the baby is healthy considering her surprise entrance
  • sarah42sarah42 Posts: 4,034Registered Users
    Hooray! You got a girl AND a December baby! :cheers:

Congratulations!
    ehLB.jpg
  • YolyCYolyC Posts: 3,758Registered Users
    Congratulations!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"If you don't stand for something you will fall for anything."
    Malcolm X
  • mad scientistmad scientist Posts: 3,530Registered Users
    Thanks everyone! She's still a sleepy thing, and down to 5 lbs 5 oz, but she's feeding well and I think her weight will start to climb now. I just can't believe how tiny she is.

Her name is Sandhya, which means "twilight" in Sanskrit. She was born at noon, mind you, but we figured December 25 is in the twilight of the year....:wink:

A couple more pictures:

CIMG0488.jpg

CIMG0494.jpg

Thanks everyone! She's still a sleepy thing, and down to 5 lbs 5 oz, but she's feeding well and I think her weight will start to climb now. I just can't believe how tiny she is.

Her name is Sandhya, which means "twilight" in Sanskrit. She was born at noon, mind you, but we figured December 25 is in the twilight of the year....:wink:

A couple more pictures:

CIMG0488.jpg

CIMG0494.jpg

That's a beautiful name and I love the meaning! Which syllable do you accent?

Is that Karan?? He looks so grown up! You have a beautiful family :)
  • mad scientistmad scientist Posts: 3,530Registered Users
    iris427 wrote: »

Iris, the name is pronounced SAHN-dhia. The "dh" thing is a going to be tough for most people to pronounce because the soft d sound doesn't exist in English but we finally decided that even if its is Anglicized to Sandy-a, we're still ok with it.

Yup, that's my Karan. He suddenly seems so big! Not my baby anymore...

iris427 wrote: »

Iris, the name is pronounced SAHN-dhia. The "dh" thing is a going to be tough for most people to pronounce because the soft d sound doesn't exist in English but we finally decided that even if its is Anglicized to Sandy-a, we're still ok with it.

Yup, that's my Karan. He suddenly seems so big! Not my baby anymore...

Thanks, that is a lovely name!
  • SigiSigi Posts: 2,379Registered Users
    What a little cutie pie! And Karan- look how big he's gotten, and still handsome as ever!

Congratulations again!
  • medussamedussa Posts: 12,993Registered Users
    You have a beautiful family.

Welcome baby Sandhya. :blob7:

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file