Moisturizing drugstore conditioners

Are there any really moisturizing (but still CG) conditioners from drugstore brands? I also have access to Avalon Organics, Giovanni, and Nature's Gate.

thanks!:)

Comments

• jcurladyjcurlady Registered Users Posts: 626 Curl Novice
    I use Giovanni products and I love them. I use 50/50 as my co wash or sometimes Aubrey Organics HR. Then I use their direct leave in and then LA looks gel.
    if luvin KCKT and KCCC is wrong I don't wanna b right

sell crazy somewhere else...we're all stocked up here.
  • spiderlashes5000spiderlashes5000 Registered Users Posts: 17,898 Curl Virtuoso
    My favorite is V05 Moisture Milks Strawberries and Cream. It's one of the best CG conditioners, period...drugstore or not. The fact that it's just around $1 makes it even better, though!

• MagooMagoo Registered Users Posts: 2,173 Curl Neophyte
    I like Tigi Moisture Maniac and Natures Gate Herbal (if you don't mind the spicy, earthy scent). I know some curlies on here like the NG Aloe one.
    3b/c fine, thick, porous, protein sensitive
    Modified CG, CJ Rehab, JCWDT, KCKT, VO5 Chamomile Tea Therapy, CJDF, HEBE Gel/Mousse, Bioinfusion Rosemary Mint shampoo, occasional protein

Experimenting with BRHG

"If you want the rainbow, you've gotta put up with the rain"
  • FrizzBgoneFrizzBgone Registered Users Posts: 2,678 Curl Neophyte
    I'm not sure whether Aussie Moist is CG, but it is a great conditioner.
    Type: 3a fine & dense,with normal porosity, terrible product junkie
    ROUTINE: LI, enhancer, gel, plop with Curlease towel, serum product (either CIAB or Gel-les'c), clip & diffuse.
    Too many favourite products to list ... I finally have my routine that works and alot of products to choose from. My product stash is huge, but well loved !!!
  • MintMint Registered Users Posts: 1,143 Curl Neophyte
    My favorites right now are Suave Coconut conditioner and Suave Aloe and Waterlily conditioner.

HTH!
    2a/M-C/ii hair. Super long.
  • MintMint Registered Users Posts: 1,143 Curl Neophyte
    FrizzBgone wrote: »
    I'm not sure whether Aussie Moist is CG, but it is a great conditioner.

Unfortunately, the one 'cone in it isn't CG. :cry:
    2a/M-C/ii hair. Super long.
  • starcrosserstarcrosser Registered Users Posts: 183 Curl Connoisseur
    The V05 Tea Therapy line is fantastic! I'm using the vanilla mint one right now but also have used the chamomile one. They are both great, but I like the vanilla mint one just a little bit more. It's only a dollar too!
    3A curls, fine texture, thin (it's always been that way). A few inches past shoulder length and would like it to grow very long.

Latest routine:
    Sulfate-free shampoo: Jessicurl Gentle Lather Shampoo, Elucence, Bedhead Superstar
    Conditioner: Jessicurl Too Shea conditioner, DermOrganic Masque, Redken All Soft
    Style: DermOrganic Argan Oil Treatment/Serum, Kinky Curly Knot Today leave-in, Kerastase Nectar Thermique, Oyin Hair Dew
  • jlpmom23jlpmom23 Registered Users Posts: 755
    For co washing, I absolutely agree that the VO5 Tea Therapies are wonderful! I also really like Suave Claifying Condish (hard to find in my area) and Suave Toasted Vanilla Sugar.

For regular conditioning, I really like Aussie 3MM, the original formula in the white bottle. I have read on this board several times that Sally's carries a great dupe of this, same ingredients in a huge bottle for cheap, but I haven't tried it yet.
  • JuicyTubeJuicyTube Registered Users Posts: 2,369
    biolage hydrating conditioning balm
    3b-3c CG
  • SalsalitSalsalit Registered Users Posts: 41
    L'oreal Vive Pro Nutri Gloss conditioner for medium to long hair that's curly. I use this one. It's CG (no cones), and it really works.
    "There is such a thing as natural beauty, but every woman needs a little help to bring it out."
  • helloitsiohelloitsio Registered Users Posts: 1,369 Curl Connoisseur
    Salsalit wrote: »
    L'oreal Vive Pro Nutri Gloss conditioner for medium to long hair that's curly. I use this one. It's CG (no cones), and it really works.

I second Loreal. It's a great condish. I actually compare my more expensive ones to this. It's got great slip and it's the only one (so far) to leave me with clumps after rinsing out.
    2 b/c :: slight protein sensitivity :: med/coarse texture :: normal porosity

http://public.fotki.com/Helloitsio/
    http://skinandhairjunkie.wordpress.com/
  • MagooMagoo Registered Users Posts: 2,173 Curl Neophyte
    I forgot about the VO5 Chamomile Tea therapy too. It's great for detangling and softening. I actually can't use it all the time or I end up overconditioned and poofy.
    3b/c fine, thick, porous, protein sensitive
    Modified CG, CJ Rehab, JCWDT, KCKT, VO5 Chamomile Tea Therapy, CJDF, HEBE Gel/Mousse, Bioinfusion Rosemary Mint shampoo, occasional protein

Experimenting with BRHG

"If you want the rainbow, you've gotta put up with the rain"
  • ZinniaZinnia Registered Users Posts: 7,339
    another vote for VO5 strawberries and cream. good stuff!
    Life shrinks or expands according to one's courage. Anais Nin
  • CurlyBrunetteGirlCurlyBrunetteGirl Registered Users Posts: 83
    The L'oreal Nutri Gloss stuff is really good. I used it today and my hair is soft and clumpy.
  • ZinniaZinnia Registered Users Posts: 7,339
    a great thread from the general curly hair discussion board:

CG Conditioner for $10 or less
    Life shrinks or expands according to one's courage. Anais Nin
  • JessyCatJessyCat Registered Users Posts: 91
    It's not supposed to be sold at the drugstore (salon brand, I believe), but it's available there: Biolage hydrating balm. It's the best I've used in quite a while. It's kind of pricey, though... Also, if you can find it at the drugstore, TiGi's Dumb Blonde is amazing as well!
  • gemmagemma Registered Users Posts: 12
    I am now a big fan of CANTU leave in conditioner. At walmart in the ethnic hair aisle. CHEAP. shea butter
  • Oregano  (formerly babywavy)Oregano (formerly babywavy) Registered Users Posts: 5,297 Curl Neophyte
    Trader Joes Nourish Spa
    ~ the artist formerly known as babywavy ~

Please excuse any typos. For the time being, we are blaming it on my computer.
  • xcptnlxcptnl Registered Users Posts: 15,678 Curl Connoisseur
    babywavy wrote: »
    Trader Joes Nourish Spa

Ditto. And I can usually find Aubrey Honeysuckle Rose at most natural stores.
    Central Massachusetts

One good reason to only maintain a small circle of friends is that three out of four murders are committed by people who know the victim. ~George Carlin~

In regards to Vagazzling: They just want to get into the goods without worrying about getting scratched up by fake crystals. ~spring1onu~
  • DominicanaHeatDominicanaHeat Registered Users Posts: 2,729
    Nature's Gate Aloe Conditioner is very moisturizing.
    3a/3b thick coarse WL dark brown hair. CG/Mod CG since: 5/4/05. Current products: Right now my hair is in such a tizzy over this winter weather we are hving that nothing really seems to be working. I need a haircut.
  • BamaCurlyQBamaCurlyQ Registered Users Posts: 213
    JuicyTube wrote: »
    biolage hydrating conditioning balm

Juicy....does this not make your head itch? I love the biolage products but when ever I use that conditioner, it makes my head itch. Just wondering if you have noticed that.
    Very Curly and Thick hair.
    3a/b.
    I think I have medium hair with normal to high porosity. And I need all the moisture I can get!!

Currently using:

C: Curl Junkie Curl Assurance Smoothing
    S: Ouidad CQ/Pureology Hydrate

LI: AG Fast Food

Stylers: AG Re:coil (super soak), then CIAB and some CHS CK on top.

**trying CCCC & Beuticurls LI

Style: scrunch and finger curl where I see the hair is not clumping well. Diffuse.
  • JuicyTubeJuicyTube Registered Users Posts: 2,369
    no, I've never noticed any itching. perhaps with the shampoo i have though.
    3b-3c CG
  • BamaCurlyQBamaCurlyQ Registered Users Posts: 213
    maybe it was the combination of the two for me!
    Very Curly and Thick hair.
    3a/b.
    I think I have medium hair with normal to high porosity. And I need all the moisture I can get!!

Currently using:

C: Curl Junkie Curl Assurance Smoothing
    S: Ouidad CQ/Pureology Hydrate

LI: AG Fast Food

Stylers: AG Re:coil (super soak), then CIAB and some CHS CK on top.

**trying CCCC & Beuticurls LI

Style: scrunch and finger curl where I see the hair is not clumping well. Diffuse.
  • curlquestcurlquest Registered Users Posts: 90
    jlpmom23 wrote: »
    For co washing, I absolutely agree that the VO5 Tea Therapies are wonderful! I also really like Suave Claifying Condish (hard to find in my area) and Suave Toasted Vanilla Sugar.

For regular conditioning, I really like Aussie 3MM, the original formula in the white bottle. I have read on this board several times that Sally's carries a great dupe of this, same ingredients in a huge bottle for cheap, but I haven't tried it yet.

im pretty sure aussie 3mm has silicones
  • helloitsiohelloitsio Registered Users Posts: 1,369 Curl Connoisseur
    curlquest wrote: »
    jlpmom23 wrote: »

im pretty sure aussie 3mm has silicones

The -cone that you're talking about is probably simethicone. Luckily enough, simethicone isn't -cone, it's a preservative. Check out this thread http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/showthread.php?t=29092&highlight=simethicone for more info on Aussie 3MM
    2 b/c :: slight protein sensitivity :: med/coarse texture :: normal porosity

http://public.fotki.com/Helloitsio/
    http://skinandhairjunkie.wordpress.com/
  • curlquestcurlquest Registered Users Posts: 90
    sorry, i was looking at the deep one- that has silicones, but the regular one is fine

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file