Moisturizing drugstore conditioners

Are there any really moisturizing (but still CG) conditioners from drugstore brands? I also have access to Avalon Organics, Giovanni, and Nature's Gate.

thanks!:)

Comments

• jcurladyjcurlady Posts: 626Registered Users Curl Novice
    I use Giovanni products and I love them. I use 50/50 as my co wash or sometimes Aubrey Organics HR. Then I use their direct leave in and then LA looks gel.
    if luvin KCKT and KCCC is wrong I don't wanna b right

sell crazy somewhere else...we're all stocked up here.
  • spiderlashes5000spiderlashes5000 Posts: 17,898Registered Users Curl Virtuoso
    My favorite is V05 Moisture Milks Strawberries and Cream. It's one of the best CG conditioners, period...drugstore or not. The fact that it's just around $1 makes it even better, though!

• MagooMagoo Posts: 2,173Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I like Tigi Moisture Maniac and Natures Gate Herbal (if you don't mind the spicy, earthy scent). I know some curlies on here like the NG Aloe one.
    3b/c fine, thick, porous, protein sensitive
    Modified CG, CJ Rehab, JCWDT, KCKT, VO5 Chamomile Tea Therapy, CJDF, HEBE Gel/Mousse, Bioinfusion Rosemary Mint shampoo, occasional protein

Experimenting with BRHG

"If you want the rainbow, you've gotta put up with the rain"
  • FrizzBgoneFrizzBgone Posts: 2,678Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I'm not sure whether Aussie Moist is CG, but it is a great conditioner.
    Type: 3a fine & dense,with normal porosity, terrible product junkie
    ROUTINE: LI, enhancer, gel, plop with Curlease towel, serum product (either CIAB or Gel-les'c), clip & diffuse.
    Too many favourite products to list ... I finally have my routine that works and alot of products to choose from. My product stash is huge, but well loved !!!
  • MintMint Posts: 1,143Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    My favorites right now are Suave Coconut conditioner and Suave Aloe and Waterlily conditioner.

HTH!
    2a/M-C/ii hair. Super long.
  • MintMint Posts: 1,143Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    FrizzBgone wrote: »
    I'm not sure whether Aussie Moist is CG, but it is a great conditioner.

Unfortunately, the one 'cone in it isn't CG. :cry:
    2a/M-C/ii hair. Super long.
  • starcrosserstarcrosser Posts: 183Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    The V05 Tea Therapy line is fantastic! I'm using the vanilla mint one right now but also have used the chamomile one. They are both great, but I like the vanilla mint one just a little bit more. It's only a dollar too!
    3A curls, fine texture, thin (it's always been that way). A few inches past shoulder length and would like it to grow very long.

Latest routine:
    Sulfate-free shampoo: Jessicurl Gentle Lather Shampoo, Elucence, Bedhead Superstar
    Conditioner: Jessicurl Too Shea conditioner, DermOrganic Masque, Redken All Soft
    Style: DermOrganic Argan Oil Treatment/Serum, Kinky Curly Knot Today leave-in, Kerastase Nectar Thermique, Oyin Hair Dew
  • jlpmom23jlpmom23 Posts: 755Registered Users
    For co washing, I absolutely agree that the VO5 Tea Therapies are wonderful! I also really like Suave Claifying Condish (hard to find in my area) and Suave Toasted Vanilla Sugar.

For regular conditioning, I really like Aussie 3MM, the original formula in the white bottle. I have read on this board several times that Sally's carries a great dupe of this, same ingredients in a huge bottle for cheap, but I haven't tried it yet.
  • JuicyTubeJuicyTube Posts: 2,369Registered Users
    biolage hydrating conditioning balm
    3b-3c CG
  • SalsalitSalsalit Posts: 41Registered Users
    L'oreal Vive Pro Nutri Gloss conditioner for medium to long hair that's curly. I use this one. It's CG (no cones), and it really works.
    "There is such a thing as natural beauty, but every woman needs a little help to bring it out."
  • helloitsiohelloitsio Posts: 1,369Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Salsalit wrote: »
    L'oreal Vive Pro Nutri Gloss conditioner for medium to long hair that's curly. I use this one. It's CG (no cones), and it really works.

I second Loreal. It's a great condish. I actually compare my more expensive ones to this. It's got great slip and it's the only one (so far) to leave me with clumps after rinsing out.
    2 b/c :: slight protein sensitivity :: med/coarse texture :: normal porosity

http://public.fotki.com/Helloitsio/
    http://skinandhairjunkie.wordpress.com/
  • MagooMagoo Posts: 2,173Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I forgot about the VO5 Chamomile Tea therapy too. It's great for detangling and softening. I actually can't use it all the time or I end up overconditioned and poofy.
    3b/c fine, thick, porous, protein sensitive
    Modified CG, CJ Rehab, JCWDT, KCKT, VO5 Chamomile Tea Therapy, CJDF, HEBE Gel/Mousse, Bioinfusion Rosemary Mint shampoo, occasional protein

Experimenting with BRHG

"If you want the rainbow, you've gotta put up with the rain"
  • ZinniaZinnia Posts: 7,339Registered Users
    another vote for VO5 strawberries and cream. good stuff!
    Life shrinks or expands according to one's courage. Anais Nin
  • CurlyBrunetteGirlCurlyBrunetteGirl Posts: 83Registered Users
    The L'oreal Nutri Gloss stuff is really good. I used it today and my hair is soft and clumpy.
  • ZinniaZinnia Posts: 7,339Registered Users
    a great thread from the general curly hair discussion board:

CG Conditioner for $10 or less
    Life shrinks or expands according to one's courage. Anais Nin
  • JessyCatJessyCat Posts: 91Registered Users
    It's not supposed to be sold at the drugstore (salon brand, I believe), but it's available there: Biolage hydrating balm. It's the best I've used in quite a while. It's kind of pricey, though... Also, if you can find it at the drugstore, TiGi's Dumb Blonde is amazing as well!
  • gemmagemma Posts: 12Registered Users
    I am now a big fan of CANTU leave in conditioner. At walmart in the ethnic hair aisle. CHEAP. shea butter
  • Oregano  (formerly babywavy)Oregano (formerly babywavy) Posts: 5,297Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Trader Joes Nourish Spa
    ~ the artist formerly known as babywavy ~

Please excuse any typos. For the time being, we are blaming it on my computer.
  • xcptnlxcptnl Posts: 15,678Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    babywavy wrote: »
    Trader Joes Nourish Spa

Ditto. And I can usually find Aubrey Honeysuckle Rose at most natural stores.
    Central Massachusetts

One good reason to only maintain a small circle of friends is that three out of four murders are committed by people who know the victim. ~George Carlin~

In regards to Vagazzling: They just want to get into the goods without worrying about getting scratched up by fake crystals. ~spring1onu~
  • DominicanaHeatDominicanaHeat Posts: 2,729Registered Users
    Nature's Gate Aloe Conditioner is very moisturizing.
    3a/3b thick coarse WL dark brown hair. CG/Mod CG since: 5/4/05. Current products: Right now my hair is in such a tizzy over this winter weather we are hving that nothing really seems to be working. I need a haircut.
  • BamaCurlyQBamaCurlyQ Posts: 213Registered Users
    JuicyTube wrote: »
    biolage hydrating conditioning balm

Juicy....does this not make your head itch? I love the biolage products but when ever I use that conditioner, it makes my head itch. Just wondering if you have noticed that.
    Very Curly and Thick hair.
    3a/b.
    I think I have medium hair with normal to high porosity. And I need all the moisture I can get!!

Currently using:

C: Curl Junkie Curl Assurance Smoothing
    S: Ouidad CQ/Pureology Hydrate

LI: AG Fast Food

Stylers: AG Re:coil (super soak), then CIAB and some CHS CK on top.

**trying CCCC & Beuticurls LI

Style: scrunch and finger curl where I see the hair is not clumping well. Diffuse.
  • JuicyTubeJuicyTube Posts: 2,369Registered Users
    no, I've never noticed any itching. perhaps with the shampoo i have though.
    3b-3c CG
  • BamaCurlyQBamaCurlyQ Posts: 213Registered Users
    maybe it was the combination of the two for me!
    Very Curly and Thick hair.
    3a/b.
    I think I have medium hair with normal to high porosity. And I need all the moisture I can get!!

Currently using:

C: Curl Junkie Curl Assurance Smoothing
    S: Ouidad CQ/Pureology Hydrate

LI: AG Fast Food

Stylers: AG Re:coil (super soak), then CIAB and some CHS CK on top.

**trying CCCC & Beuticurls LI

Style: scrunch and finger curl where I see the hair is not clumping well. Diffuse.
  • curlquestcurlquest Posts: 90Registered Users
    jlpmom23 wrote: »
    For co washing, I absolutely agree that the VO5 Tea Therapies are wonderful! I also really like Suave Claifying Condish (hard to find in my area) and Suave Toasted Vanilla Sugar.

For regular conditioning, I really like Aussie 3MM, the original formula in the white bottle. I have read on this board several times that Sally's carries a great dupe of this, same ingredients in a huge bottle for cheap, but I haven't tried it yet.

im pretty sure aussie 3mm has silicones
  • helloitsiohelloitsio Posts: 1,369Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    curlquest wrote: »
    jlpmom23 wrote: »

im pretty sure aussie 3mm has silicones

The -cone that you're talking about is probably simethicone. Luckily enough, simethicone isn't -cone, it's a preservative. Check out this thread http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/showthread.php?t=29092&highlight=simethicone for more info on Aussie 3MM
    2 b/c :: slight protein sensitivity :: med/coarse texture :: normal porosity

http://public.fotki.com/Helloitsio/
    http://skinandhairjunkie.wordpress.com/
  • curlquestcurlquest Posts: 90Registered Users
    sorry, i was looking at the deep one- that has silicones, but the regular one is fine

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file