I've strayed and am back and clueless! help!

frizzywaves2frizzywaves2 Registered Users Posts: 11
Hello ladies,

I've been a member here back in 2001. I've since strayed, and I feel like my hair has changed. It used to be coarse, and dry feeling and very frizzy. It is still very frizzy, but feels very silky and soft these days. I believe I am a 2a/2b. My hair dries in a very strange pattern when I sleep with it wet--it isn't straight, but has these odd bends in it--mainly due to the layers I have in it. If I use curl enhancing products, it tends to get very stringy and pathetic looking.

It is currently shoulder lenght and I am cutting it shorter. here are some questions that I'm hoping you guys can answer for me:
1. would layers help or should I make it all one lenght?
2. i cannot show up to work with wet looking hair, or those sexy California beach waves--my work environment is very stuffy professional, so it has to be dry. I've been washing at night, but like I said, it looks horrible in the morning--should I try diffusing it? in the past, diffusing led to stringy messy hair...
3. products--where do I even start? I have a yucky itchy oily scalp that builds up fast, so I use a tea tree shampoo. Yes I've tried the CG routine, and it didn't do it for me at all. I currently own the HE Set me Up gel; the Recoil, BTZ Frizz Zapper (Noodlehead didn't work for me). I am wondering if Jessicurl's products could possibly work better.

Any help with fine, medium density frizzy mess, that feels silky soft, would be greatly appreciated!

Comments

• HeatherDawnHeatherDawn Registered Users Posts: 300
    Strangely I have been having the same "problem" - soft silky hair. LOL! I think mine might be a result of the better care and my hystorectomy last summer. I can tell you what has helped me...

1. would layers help or should I make it all one lenght?

Layers keep your hair from turning pyramid. If it is think then you likely need them unless you are going for a big hair look.

2. i cannot show up to work with wet looking hair, or those sexy California beach waves--my work environment is very stuffy professional, so it has to be dry. I've been washing at night, but like I said, it looks horrible in the morning--should I try diffusing it? in the past, diffusing led to stringy messy hair...

Diffusing has always worked well for me. I let it air dry while I eat breakfast then diffuse the rest of the way. If you are stringy then I would suggest a different product. Gel is notoriously clumping.

3. products--where do I even start? I have a yucky itchy oily scalp that builds up fast, so I use a tea tree shampoo. Yes I've tried the CG routine, and it didn't do it for me at all. I currently own the HE Set me Up gel; the Recoil, BTZ Frizz Zapper (Noodlehead didn't work for me). I am wondering if Jessicurl's products could possibly work better.

I use a local ladies shampoo and conditioner so I'm not much help there. Have you tryied using conditioner and brownsugar to scrub your scalp before you shampoo? That helps when I get the itchies. As far as styling products, I am big on Aussie. They are easy to find, cheap and have always worked well for me. Since my case of the silkies I have started using the moose in damp hair and if I want it extra curly I diffuse. It just gives my hair a softer look and feel without the clumpy effect of gel. :thumbleft:

Hope that helps!
    HeatherDawn
    2C/3A
  • pinkpoodlepinkpoodle Registered Users Posts: 3
    Thanks so much, HeatherDawn (yes, I am the same original poster, accidentally I registered with 2 different names).
    I'll have to give mousse a try and def. learn to diffuse. Thanks again!!!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file