CurlTalk

Cottony after a DT?

I thought my hair looked like it might need a DT, so I used one with low proteins and lots of moisture (some old Jessicurl's Ltd Ed WDT with protein). Now my hair looks more dry and feels/looks cottony. :oops: What happened?!

I was searching for that thread with info of moisture vs protein needs, can't find it. Did I overdo protein? I only left it on for about 15 min with a plastic cap on while I showered. Help!
SF Bay Area, CA * "The Angel-Goddess-Guru of Haircoloring" :D
3b/c/a mix. medium texture, low porosity
My Motto: Strand Test! some hair pics
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] -- gone, but never forgotten.

Comments

• msgibletmsgiblet Posts: 5,825Registered Users
    I know when I use a DT with a lot of protein (like Ouidad), I use a moisturizing conditioner afterwards because of all of the proteins. I've left it on under a plastic cap while under a heat cap for as long as an hour and it's been ok, but I definitely have to use the moisturizing CO afterwards.
    /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fpublic.fotki.com%2Fmsgiblet%2F" class="Popup - pw: gibber -- Pics Added 7/10/11
    Fine, Thick, Normal Porosity, Normal Elasticity

Countess Balashi of Divi Beach in the Order of the Curly Crusaders :occasion5:

If I'm Going To Have A Bad Hair Day, It Might As Well Be In Aruba!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • CurliLocksCurliLocks Posts: 10,571Registered Users
    I thought Jess had said it should be OK by itself, since it was low in proteins. But I did slather on a good amount of RC's Conditioner (excellent moisturizer!) and left it all in with CK over it. Hmmm. Maybe it wasn't enough.

Anyone else have any ideas?
    SF Bay Area, CA * "The Angel-Goddess-Guru of Haircoloring" :D
    3b/c/a mix. medium texture, low porosity
    My Motto: Strand Test! some hair pics
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] -- gone, but never forgotten.
  • msgibletmsgiblet Posts: 5,825Registered Users
    CurliLocks wrote: »
    I thought Jess had said it should be OK by itself, since it was low in proteins. But I did slather on a good amount of RC's Conditioner (excellent moisturizer!) and left it all in with CK over it. Hmmm. Maybe it wasn't enough.

Anyone else have any ideas?

Just a thought, but I would think after doing a DT and then leaving in a rich conditioner like RC on top of it, that might be too much? I definitely have to rinse out the moisturizing CO I use afterwards really well or I'd be overconditioned.
    /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fpublic.fotki.com%2Fmsgiblet%2F" class="Popup - pw: gibber -- Pics Added 7/10/11
    Fine, Thick, Normal Porosity, Normal Elasticity

Countess Balashi of Divi Beach in the Order of the Curly Crusaders :occasion5:

If I'm Going To Have A Bad Hair Day, It Might As Well Be In Aruba!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]