I had my baby!

2»

Comments

• velvet pawsvelvet paws Posts: 1,250Registered Users
    Here's a picture of my little guy! :love7:

8gdu39s.jpg

I ended up scheduling an induction with Lucas, as I couldn't really go past my due date because of some health issues (mine, not baby). My husband and I headed over to the hospital on the 20th and then had to wait around for about 5 hours to get a room - the hospital was insanely busy! When we finally got a room, I had some Cervadil and was left to my own devices pretty much for the rest of the night. I was having a lot of contractions, which made it impossible for me to sleep, even though they weren't really all that painful. When I got checked again the morning, my cervix hadn't really dilated at all, so I got started on a very low dose of Pitocin. At this point, I called my doula to meet us and she came. I labored for a looooooooong time on Pitocin. It was really manageable until some asswipe doctor came in and doubled my dose. I lasted about 10 hours on Pit but after Dr. Evil came through, I really couldn't stay on top of the contractions anymore - they were incredibly intense and I got no break in between them at all - a huge difference from where I had been a moment before. I ended up getting an epidural because I just couldn't deal anymore. Once I got the epidural, I was stuck in bed and my labor slowed down - I eventually developed a fever and off to the OR I went. The OR staff were really wonderful to me and they really went out of their way to make me feel good during the procedure. I have no words for what I felt when I heard my baby cry for the first time and saw his beautiful little face. I got to breastfeed him immediately following the surgery in the recovery room and I haven't let him out of my sight since! I convinced my doctor to release me a bit early, so I was able to leave the hospital on Christmas eve and spend Christmas at home with my husband and son.

We had a very slow and anxiety-inducing start to breastfeeding, which I blame entirely on the horrible nurses berating me about it as I tried to recover in the hospital, but everything is going really well now.
    3A / 2B / 2C wavicelli

.png

.png
  • fuzzbucketfuzzbucket Curl Connoisseur Posts: 996Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Congrats! That is quite a story! My baby was about the same size, so I feel your pain. He is beautiful! Rest up and enjoy your little man!
    Hair type: 3A/B
    I lurk, therefore, I am.
    My Blog

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file